Current ICE - Looking for upgrade to Double Din Touch Screen

sudhan_venkat

Boston S60 (6.5" Component Speakers)
Boston S65 (6.5" Coaxial Speakers)
JBL S644 - 4 channel amplifier
Rockford Prime 12" Subwoofer [R1S412]
Alpine MRX-M50 - Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier

This was a setup which was running in my old car for about couple of years along with the Kenwood X994 (Indian version KDC-X8016BT) Headunit. The Kenwood X994 is an amazing headunit for the price, simply loved it clarity/ bass and ease of use.

I have bought the new Honda City VX version which comes with a factory fitted headunit with rear parking cam. I am not greatly impressed with the audio clarity and obviously I cannot fit the single din in it so I am looking for options in brand like Kenwood and Pioneer for double din touch screen with DVD {navigation not a must} within a budget of 25K. Did not choose Alpine as it does not fit the budget.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Sudhan,

As Far as i know we always see a lot of Pioneer and Sony in the market, including online and stores, only few will have alpine and kenwood. If you can find out a store for car audio you can check with them for some good kenwood head units at the same time, please check for the service options for kenwood. Pioneer has much more service options in all cities. Pioneer AVH X5790BT is one good model which fits in to your budget.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/pioneer-car-stereo/628702627290#bcrumbLabelId:311

If you wish you can give a shot to Blaupunkt. There are few models comes with navigation also ( please check whether we need to buy subscription for the same to use).

Enjoy your search :)

Hi Sudhan
As of for the Model of Pioneer,Kenwood,Alpine
Pioneer has (AVH 5750BT) or AVH5790BT alternative model of it it 1 of the best model if u wanna model top end then go for 8790bt Pioneer it has everything in it apart from Navigation.
Alpine has good Model but its too Pricey for which it doesn't worth but if u have any 1 in Dubai or some were u can go ahead with it
Kenwood has model like DDX635WBT,DDX7036 and somr others but Kenwood is not good on service part
I have been Sufferd long back.

Go for Pioneer AVH5790BT best model

Thanks PGY, in my earlier purchase also in an options between Kenwood and Pionner I choose Kenwood as I was told and felt after purchasing that the clarity is a much better than Pioneer as it would respond more of a bassish music than the actual one.

Does 5790BT have good clarity and read in the product spec that it has a wired remote is that ok ? just a check ! for the sake of alternative what would your suggestion be in Kenwood ?

Last edited:
Thanks PGY, in my earlier purchase also in an options between Kenwood and Pionner I choose Kenwood as I was told and felt after purchasing that the clarity is a much better than Pioneer as it would respond more of a bassish music than the actual one.

Does 5790BT have good clarity and read in the product spec that it has a wired remote is that ok ? just a check ! for the sake of alternative what would your suggestion be in Kenwood ?
Sudhan,

Check out these options,

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/kenwood-ddx4033-61-inch-wide/1270142574
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/kenwood-ddx3035-61-inch-wide/482667466

Find out a near by ICE installer in your area and get some inputs, I would say you dont need to buy anything immediately from that installer, just get some inputs regarding the quality and other stuffs.

Later you can decide the advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks
Thanks,

I have a Honda City VX (2015) for which I wanted to change the HU as I felt the navigation and quality was at the standards was very ok and nothing beneficial for the customers.

Wanted a good quality Double Din music player with Bluetooth and USB options (kind of equivalent to my earlier Single DIN Kenwood X994), not was not mandatory. So after a bit of research and discussion I figured that they were no good music players in Double Din without DVD options or Touch without Bluetooth and so and so forth. Finally had to settle down between a Pioneer 2790BT and 5790BT. Here comes another challenge, between both the players the specification seems to same with the difference being in the size of the screen

5790 BT has 7 Inches, motorised panel for the CD slot & 2790 BT has a 6.2 Inches screen and has the CD slot above the screen as the screen size is smaller. Apart from these two difference I dont find any major difference (as compared in the Pionner India Website). With the difference boiling down to just these two the price seems difference seems to 4K to 5K.

5790BT - Rs 24,500/ Rs 23750
2790BT - Rs 20,500/ Rs 18500

There was no mentioned about another technical aspects being difference but heard/ read that the DAC is on level down in 2790Bt when compared to 5790BT. Confused if I need to go with 5790 or 2790 ?

Last edited:
Hi Sudhan i m using 5750bt which is actually a good Model don't compare that 2790bt its a ebtry level model nd If u have some 1 in Gulf order from here its cheaper here 5790bt which is known here as 5750bt will cost u around 21k not more than that.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back