Currently produced bookshelf speakers suitable to pair with Leben cs300xs

I have Omega and Triangle bookshelf speakers. If anyone wants to have Idea of thier sound quality he is welcome to have a listen. I can play them with tube amps or with Red wine audio. You can get a fair idea as both these speakers are good match for low output tube amps. I will be in Delhi on 24th Dec. for about 10 days.
I will talk to Kamalji to organise a get together of Delhi and NCR area as it is long over due. Last time we met was in December 2008 at my place and we had a nice time. .About 6 members were there and we listened to variety of music both CD'sand LP's.
Kamalji if u r reading we can meet. You can talk with other members and Viren Bakshi. My tel no. in case you lost them 9810460716

I have Omega and Triangle bookshelf speakers. If anyone wants to have Idea of thier sound quality he is welcome to have a listen. I can play them with tube amps or with Red wine audio. You can get a fair idea as both these speakers are good match for low output tube amps. I will be in Delhi on 24th Dec. for about 10 days.
I will talk to Kamalji to organise a get together of Delhi and NCR area as it is long over due. Last time we met was in December 2008 at my place and we had a nice time. .About 6 members were there and we listened to variety of music both CD'sand LP's.
Kamalji if u r reading we can meet. You can talk with other members and Viren Bakshi. My tel no. in case you lost them 9810460716

this is so kind of your to suggest. yes, we have been waiting for this, after Kamalji mentioned the last audition at yours. thanx.

I used to own the Be718 and a buddy of mine own the Leben amp....they are just not a good match together as the Be718 needs some decent wattage to really control the drivers. I would suggest AGAINST this combo.

Stay above 91db sensitivity with that amp and you will be VERY happy. I could have easily lived with the Leben and the Omega speakers for the rest of my life and be content. The tonality, articulation quality and textural beauty was spot on. I actually prefer the hemp cone tonality even over the different Lowther drivers I've heard. There is a fantastic balance top to bottom in the Omega speakers that I have yet to hear with other single driver AND 2way, 3ways that I have owned and heard.

There were MANY iterations of the Omega speakers and significant changes in the initial to current speaker sounds. Message me if you have more questions about the combination.

My listening was with the Ferrite 8" drivers AND the current Alnico 8" drivers that I upgraded to called the Omega Super 8.

SKR the last visit to your place was really an ear opener.

It was for the first time I saw huge 7 feet speaker;), even the power strip was all tube:eek:, the smaller Omega speakers filled your huge living room:cool:. It was as if music was pouring into my ears. I know you must thing what am I trying to convey but beleive me never have I felt this way before. There was less Cd's and Lp's scatterd in every corner of your house.:rolleyes:

Please invite me once again as my ears crave to hear sound of music:p

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Last edited:
Hi Hilium,
thanks for your posting and appreciating the sound. It is always good to share your experiences,system and views with fellow audiophiles.
See on this forum how we come in contact with so many without ever meeting them.
I remember how a member guided and advised me to upgrade firmware of my OPPO dvd player free from the company which was having problem mating with my Philips LCD player thru HDMI output.
Thanks and hope to see you again.
SKR

Shaizada and SKR,

I have never seen or heard an Omega speaker. So I went to their site, looked at the reviews, even looked at the audiocircle discussions. Very interesting indeed. Prices also seemed very reasonable when judged against the perceived level of performance.

Which one would you recommend to Amit (TS) for his friend's Leben? Also the only dealers nearby are located in Hong Kong and Singapore, none in India. Their 8 series BS is almost as heavy and bulky as my 20 year old Canton bookshelves (similar to the SHL5's in size). So shipping could be a problem.

Regards.

If the person sees getting an Omega subwoofer down the line, get the Super 8. It has slightly more clear and vibrant sound than the 8 XRS (though they use the same driver), but adding a subwoofer takes it to a whole other level. If subwoofer can't be had right away, just go for the XRS version as it will go down pretty nicely.

Omega speakers have tonality, liquidity and accurate portrayal of sound. They are NOT your typical hifi speaker so it really helps one develop taste. The tonality is unique to Omega speakers due to the use of hemp cone AND Alnico magnets. Wish one of you guys were here...would have loved to give a demo to have you hear what I am talking about. Conventional speakers just CANNOT do this. However, most of us listen to conventional 2way 3way speakers most of our lives.

Thanks Asit, Shaizada, SKR, Venkatcr

The Super 8 may be an option to my friend. Do these speaker justice if much space is not given? My friend can provide at best 1 ft space behind the speaker, but side space can be more than 2 ft. What should be the minimum room size it require?

The nearest Omega dealer is at Singapore. Why no audio dealer in India is taking dealership of Omega? Bringing speaker from Singapore may not be a good experience due to voluminous consginment, freight and customs issue. Can anybody share their experiences of brining any speaker from Singapore?

SKR is very generous to invite me to listen to his high sensitivity Omega grande6 and Triagnle speakers. I will definitely like to visit you SKR. If you like to part with anyone of them, it may be discussed with my friend.

Viren's Amity or Audire's IO2 are not bookshelfs. But I may give these options too. If he agrees to floor stander, then more options are there like Cadence, Sadhana etc. But before suggesting I will have to listen at least once. Can the owners of above speakers at Delhi give me a chance for listening?

Venkatcr, please PM me the contact details of Sharath (Audire). It would be a great help.

The Super 8 may be an option to my friend. Do these speaker justice if much space is not given? My friend can provide at best 1 ft space behind the speaker, but side space can be more than 2 ft. What should be the minimum room size it require?

The nearest Omega dealer is at Singapore. Why no audio dealer in India is taking dealership of Omega? Bringing speaker from Singapore may not be a good experience due to voluminous consginment, freight and customs issue. Can anybody share their experiences of brining any speaker from Singapore?

SKR is very generous to invite me to listen to his high sensitivity Omega grande6 and Triagnle speakers. I will definitely like to visit you SKR. If you like to part with anyone of them, it may be discussed with my friend.

Viren's Amity or Audire's IO2 are not bookshelfs. But I may give these options too. If he agrees to floor stander, then more options are there like Cadence, Sadhana etc. But before suggesting I will have to listen at least once. Can the owners of above speakers at Delhi give me a chance for listening?

Venkatcr, please PM me the contact details of Sharath (Audire). It would be a great help.

the cadence I suggested are BS, not FS. however, I have their FS. welcome any late evening, esp. weekends.

Sorry, I missed the part on bookshelves and that's why among my suggestions were also a few floorstanding speakers. Amit, is there any particular reason your friend wants to look at only bookshelves?

Amit, in response to your last post, let me say that none of us here in India would have much idea of knowing about customs in Bangladesh and shipping to that country unless some commercial members have experience of shipping there. Or, are you now thinking about having Omega's for youeself too? If it's an uncomfortable question, do not answer.

Good to know that you will have the chance to listen to the Omega speakers at SKR's place. Why don't you bring your amp there and listen to the combo? Just make sure that you run the amp at least for 25-30 hours before that for a burn-in (sorry folks who do not believe in burn-ins) and also warm up your amp for about an hour before you listen for a proper asessment (IMO the Lebens like many others need about an hour to warm up and sound at their best).

Will be very eager to know the results.

Regards.

Edit: About running your amp now, I just remembered something cranky told me some time ago and I want to caution you. It is NOT a good idea to turn your tube amp on without speakers attached to it, it may damage your amp. As cranky told me, tube amps need loads attached to it, without loads they may be damaged, unless Lebens have some protection for it. I'd wait and see if anybody comments on this. But do not turn your amp on if you do not have any speakers at the moment.

Last edited:
Edit: About running your amp now, I just remembered something cranky told me some time ago and I want to caution you. It is NOT a good idea to turn your tube amp on without speakers attached to it, it may damage your amp. As cranky told me, tube amps need loads attached to it, without loads they may be damaged, unless Lebens have some protection for it. I'd wait and see if anybody comments on this. But do not turn your amp on if you do not have any speakers at the moment.

He can easily wire in a 8 ohm resistor and turn on the amps. Won't be a problem then.

Asit, you can caution me for any other important factors, if it comes to your mind. I will be benefitted. So far my audio set-ups are Philips and Sony 2-in-1. The aspects of Interconnects, Speaker wire, banana plug, burn-in, amp warming up are all first time to me. You all are miles ahead of me.

Shaizada and SKR,

I have never seen or heard an Omega speaker. So I went to their site, looked at the reviews, even looked at the audiocircle discussions. Very interesting indeed. Prices also seemed very reasonable when judged against the perceived level of performance.

Which one would you recommend to Amit (TS) for his friend's Leben? Also the only dealers nearby are located in Hong Kong and Singapore, none in India. Their 8 series BS is almost as heavy and bulky as my 20 year old Canton bookshelves (similar to the SHL5's in size). So shipping could be a problem.

Regards.

I think the current series of Omega which Shaizada is having is better then mine and more then double in price also. I know the Singapore dealer and he is a nice person will give good deal. Can give my reference (Mr.Santosh from Bangkok). I upgraded my unit by using Cardas cabling and Cardas binding post.

After Omega there were many people who started using Fostex drivers to make their speakers as it was a single driver speaker and easy to make. That might be reason Omega shifted to Hemp cone drivers which sould be better . But in high end audio changing of name and description of material is very common. And people use so many kind of different materials in their drivers and justiify by giving reasons for doing so. Still many still like paper cones.
there have been good forum and hiend show reviews of omega Hemp cone speakers.

Hi Amit,
You are welcome.Give me a call as per your convenience. I am reaching delhi on 24th afternoon. you can listen to Omega, Triangle Titus and may be Avantgade Duo's also. I live in Safdarjung Enclave.
SKR

Hi Santosh,
I would like to invite myself to your place :)

Hi Amit,
You are welcome.Give me a call as per your convenience. I am reaching delhi on 24th afternoon. you can listen to Omega, Triangle Titus and may be Avantgade Duo's also. I live in Safdarjung Enclave.
SKR

rather than looking for Omega single-driver bookself speaker, why not request Viren to make bookself using fostex FE167E or FE127E? they will pair very well with lyrita 2a3SET or EL84SET or any other low power valve amplifier. FE167E has around 93dB sensitivity and FE127E around 91dB.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back