Customs Clearance issue in Bangalore - Suggestions/help please

Calvin

My brother in law sent me a mobile (Moto G) through Fedex from US. It was bought in India and my BIL was using it as a spare phone during his last Indian visit. He took it with him to US and sent it back to me last week.

Now Bangalore customs office had held the shipment saying used mobiles/electronics are prohibited. I had already sent the flipkart invoice of the mobile to Fedex, but that didn't help. I'm not sure about this whole thing as I'm not importing anything, but just getting back something which I had used in India before.

Fedex CC says I should take the help of a third party clearing agent to get the mobile. I'm from Chennai and I have no idea how to get hold of a clearing agent in Bangalore.

What are the options I have?

simple forget de phone..ask the incharge for ROUTE,dont take third party help(agents)...thy will also demand money...so my personal advice forget that phone

More than the phone, it has a lot of sensitive data :( That's why I'm desperate to get it. What do you mean by asking the incharge for ROUTE? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this.

More than the phone, it has a lot of sensitive data :( That's why I'm desperate to get it. What do you mean by asking the incharge for ROUTE? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this.

You may have to meet the authorities with the original invoice for purchase in India. This may work.

ROUTE means he will take bribe and tell you the process....in case you want sensitive data...

PLZ.note...
i am not indulging any body in wrong manner.....its my suggestion dont post abt bribing and making this topic heavy and loading much load over overload servers of HV.

UPDATE: I wrote a letter to Commissioner of Customs to declare this mobile is bought in India and Fedex guys cleared the shipment using it. I got the mobile in my hands just now.

Thanks all for the suggestions :)

UPDATE: I wrote a letter to Commissioner of Customs to declare this mobile is bought in India and Fedex guys cleared the shipment using it. I got the mobile in my hands just now.

Thanks all for the suggestions :)

PARTY TIME:clapping:

I've said this on another thread. It's time we figure out a proper way of knowing what duties will ACTUALLY be charged BEFORE buying something . Maybe we should approach the Collector of Customs and ask him what is the method we should use to find out the REAL applicable duty , so that we don't get arbitrary and large customs duties charged for our purchases and have to resort to reassessment when they STILL charge more than the maximum possible of about 40%. It's down right silly when everything seems to be available on the Net but we STILL CANNOT determine what duty we will have to pay. The calculator being no indication either. My package comes under a category which shows the duty should be 500/-. They charged me Rs 1860/-. Sent back for reassessment and it came back with with Rs 860/- duty ! ( cost Rs 1750/- including shipping !)
Who is answerable ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back