CVT vs Online UPS

No, it draws 2.3kva even with nothing connected

2300w is not trivial; that much power, if drawn, has to be used somewhere and will produce a LOT of heat, like a toaster or iron.

Are you using a clamp tester to measure current and inferring power from that? In that case you may be measuring reactive current which does not generate power.

2300w is not trivial; that much power, if drawn, has to be used somewhere and will produce a LOT of heat, like a toaster or iron.

Are you using a clamp tester to measure current and inferring power from that? In that case you may be measuring reactive current which does not generate power.

I'm just looking at the reading on the UPS that shows 70 percent utilisation. I wrote to Furman and they said it is because of the power factor. I'm not sure how it functions, but it has to do with its ability to power up high current amplifiers and the like. And by the way, the Furman doesn't get heated up. And because i dont switch off my equipment, I'm afraid I'm incurring massive power bills.

Somebody please explain

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back