Stabilizer/CVT

Mayank Shah

I know it has been asked a million times, but I need a basic 1kv stabilizer for my audio gear. I don't think I will be touching even 400 watts combined. Very rare power cuts (DG back up under 2 minutes) and not much of fluctuations.

Really don't want to spend 15+ on the Vertex Servo. So a simple, sturdy stabilizer or CVT would be preferred. Don't have space and budget for online UPS etc. Thanks. Stay safe.

Got a 1kv Maxine Servo Stab for the HT. Yet to get one more for the 2 ch setup.
You can consider a 2 or a 3kva Krykard stabilizer depending on the components you are planning to connect to it. A 3kva Krykard stabilizer may be around 11k + gst.and they are also based in Chennai.
I hve been using a 3Kva servo based Krykard since almost 2 years.

Last edited:
I'm also looking for a Stabilizer. Want to connect 65" TV, 80 watt Amp, Gaming PC, Tata Sky box to it.

Can anyone recommend something I can buy online for a reasonable price, please?

6k in Chennai. Yes both setups at different locations.
If you have any analog element in your audio setup, then better to use servo instead of cut and boost type stabilisers.
If you are using a digital setup in which all the elements are digital, like digital amp and digital sources, then you can opt for cut and boost type stabilisers from companies like V-guard.

If you have any analog element in your audio setup, then better to use servo instead of cut and boost type stabilisers.
If you are using a digital setup in which all the elements are digital, like digital amp and digital sources, then you can opt for cut and boost type stabilisers from companies like V-guard.
Thanks for the advise.

I do have a old school Class A/B Linn Klout Amp, which is pure analog. So I'm better off getting a servo type.

Also, I've just spent a fortune on Samsung 65Q95T so I need to get something decent. Problem here in Goa is it's difficult to find retailers who stock quality servo ones. They tend to sell mostly standard V-Guard and Everest.

Any recommendations? (preferably available Online)

Thanks for the advise.

I do have a old school Class A/B Linn Klout Amp, which is pure analog. So I'm better off getting a servo type.

Also, I've just spent a fortune on Samsung 65Q95T so I need to get something decent. Problem here in Goa is it's difficult to find retailers who stock quality servo ones. They tend to sell mostly standard V-Guard and Everest.

Pls don't go for Vguard for sensitive equipments. I have a 3Kva Krykard and a Vguard digi 200 smart stabilizer.
Considering Mumbai's stable current, the Vguard often goes down to 211 or up to 240 V. Vguard generally has an offset of approx 10V even when the voltage is 230V. Hence have only the TV and set top box connected to it.
The Krykard servo stabiliser is very stable in the range between 228 to 232V to which the HT gear is connected.
Besides Krykard has a wide service network throughout India.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise.

Servos require occasional service, frequency of service depends upon usage, so local provider should be the priority. You can integrate high and low voltage cut offs and delay start into it. For a clean current you can feed output of servo into isolation transformer and connect your gear to the isolation. Servo or any other stabiliser will no doubt regulate the voltage, which is essential, whereas isolation will provide a clean current which will contribute to a clean sound reproduction. I personally use both servo and isolation.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back