Cyclone Tauktae

Sean de Silva

Hope all FMs on the west coast are safe. Cyclone Tauktae has battered Mumbai west coast with blinding rain and frightening gusts. I hope and pray that Gujarat doesn't get badly hammered when it finally makes landfall.

Nature has taken toll on my 2 four wheeler garage when the high speed winds twisted the coconut palm right onto the garage roof. Garage damage was hefty, but, luckily the garage just crashed down, saving both my vehicles just 3 inches away to impact my car roof tops. It is a lesson to me as to not build any constructions whether it is a house, swimming pool or garages within close proximity of any large trees.
Besides with the heavy gust of wind, another mango tree tore apart and I lost a corner of my store room, compound wall.
Last but not the least, I had another mango tree of my fore fathers on the border of my compound which resident within 100 meters worshipped it. The 18 “ diameter trunks fell in such a manner that it blocked the entire 8 meter gate of my Uncle, and another branch fell on the public access path. This mango plant which people say is around 3 generations is still intact and standing 4 floors high. Not even my panchayat in Goa or the deputy collector is prepared to cut off the remaining trunk as they say it is a tree of worship. God help me in the future.

Nature has taken toll on my 2 four wheeler garage when the high speed winds twisted the coconut palm right onto the garage roof. Garage damage was hefty, but, luckily the garage just crashed down, saving both my vehicles just 3 inches away to impact my car roof tops. It is a lesson to me as to not build any constructions whether it is a house, swimming pool or garages within close proximity of any large trees.
Besides with the heavy gust of wind, another mango tree tore apart and I lost a corner of my store room, compound wall.
Last but not the least, I had another mango tree of my fore fathers on the border of my compound which resident within 100 meters worshipped it. The 18 “ diameter trunks fell in such a manner that it blocked the entire 8 meter gate of my Uncle, and another branch fell on the public access path. This mango plant which people say is around 3 generations is still intact and standing 4 floors high. Not even my panchayat in Goa or the deputy collector is prepared to cut off the remaining trunk as they say it is a tree of worship. God help me in the future.
Very sad to learn of the damage caused. Here in mumbai plenty of old trees were uprooted thanks to those howling gusts. My neighbors have just replanted a 100+ yr old chickoo tree which got uprooted.
I hope that cyclone yaas doesn't cause extensive damage to the east coast.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back