D2X Sonar - PC Audio

linenthu

Hi, I just bought an Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 Sound Card and looking for a high quality speaker system. You guys have any suggestions.?

Hi, I just bought an Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 Sound Card and looking for a high quality speaker system. You guys have any suggestions.?

Congrats on your purchase! so do you have an avr or surround amp? What is your budget? And is your primary use movies, games or music?

I have no idea about Avrs and surround setups... currently using it with Alteclansing MX5021E...and looking for an upgrade

Good options are:

• A2 or A5 from Audioengine
  • AEGO M from Acoustic Energy. This comes with a sub for added low frequency sound.

Cheers

I'm also eyeing this Bombay based Norge Ref 2000 ...don't know where to audition those amps.. .. Just contacted them, they said they don't have any dealers in Chennai and dealing it directly ...which one will be the best for my card.. Mosfet based or normal one.....forgot to mention my budget its 40 K INR

Last edited:
Hey Vekat thanks for keying in... You know where to audition those in Chennai..

If you are ready to audition the AE Aego M, within the next few days, contact Decibel. His contact number is 99406 72834.

AudioEngine, I am not sure. I remember one of our members did buy one. But I don't remember his name.

Cheers

I'm also eyeing this Bombay based Norge Ref 2000 ...don't know where to audition those amps.. .. Just contacted them, they said they don't have any dealers in Chennai and dealing it directly ...which one will be the best for my card.. Mosfet based or normal one.....forgot to mention my budget its 40 K INR

Please see if you can audition Craftel Amps from Audiocraft in Pudupet. He makes good amps for very low prices.

Cheers

Hi what is your budget and are you lookingfor 2 speakers (2.0) , 2.1 ( wITH SUBWOOFER) ,5.1 OR 7.1??

Its 40 K INR pal... Looking for a prof stereo amplifier or amplified speakers.. it can be less but it should not exceed 40 K.. and I hate the concept of Subwoofer

hey i have audioengine 2 speakers, if you want to listen to them you can come over to my place, but with your budget you can afford better stuff, so I don't suppose you'll be needing to. Although the AE5 at 19k a pair and the sub from Audioengine at 20k might be a good way to spend your 40k.

Its 40 K INR pal... Looking for a prof stereo amplifier or amplified speakers.. it can be less but it should not exceed 40 K.. and I hate the concept of Subwoofer

If you are considering powered speakers, look at the Adam Audio A5 pair (sell for 40k). I've heard them and the clarity is amazing. The ribbon tweeter is a class apart. The shortcomings in them are three fold: first, the bass is weak (the speaker cuts off at ~55hz); second, they are nearfield monitors and wont do well if you plan to listen to them from 10 feet away; third, the clarity is so good that most other setups will sound muddy if you get used to these :lol: (thats the reason I decided against getting a pair for my room).

and I hate the concept of Subwoofer

Though I sympathise with you in terms of subs, it all depends upon which speakers your go for and which sub you go for.

To hear a complete frequency range, ideally, your speakers should have 6.5 inch or 8 inch drivers, a mid range and, tweeters. These become bulky and expensive.

For PC based systems, usually manufacturers employ 5 inch (or smaller) drivers for low and mid frequency. These can go up to a minimum of about 70/75 Hz. Thus to listen to the complete frequency range, (of 20Hz to 20Khz or even 35/40Hz to 20KHz) a small sub will be of good use. Musical subs are different from movie subs. They are small, very tight, and have extremely fast transients. Surprisingly they also are less expensive than movie sub that are large and boomy.

Of course if you are looking at something like the AudioEngine, M-Audio, or Samson speakers, you may not need a sub at all. Samson are also good speakers and are available with Pro Musicals in Egmore.

Cheers

I just spoke with my sister who lives outside and asked her if she can get a Samson MediaOne 5a monitor... I think it'll be the best than spending here..its costing around 160-180 US$ ... here the price will be thrice so.. anyone's using those in this forum ? Venkat thanks for the info

I have heard the Samson monitors many times at Pro Musicals. They sound very very good. Deep with a very large soundstage. They are particularly good for male vocals.

Cheers

Though I sympathise with you in terms of subs, it all depends upon which speakers your go for and which sub you go for.

To hear a complete frequency range, ideally, your speakers should have 6.5 inch or 8 inch drivers, a mid range and, tweeters. These become bulky and expensive.

. Thus to listen to the complete frequency range, (of 20Hz to 20Khz or even 35/40Hz to 20KHz) a small sub will be of good use. Musical subs are different from movie subs. They are small, very tight, and have extremely fast transients. Surprisingly they also are less expensive than movie sub that are large and boomy.

Cheers

venkat ji

can you direct me to such a musical sub or at least a few options to consider.

im using PSB image series bookshelves with 5.25inch drivers currently in a 200sq ft room

i would be grateful

Are the Audio-engine 2 or 5 speakers active speakers, so we can connect directly the source , even the PC.
What is their Indian Price..

What are the active speakers that i can connect directly to PC without amp ( not the altec,logitech ones).

Audioengine 2 speakers

Are the Audio-engine 2 or 5 speakers active speakers, so we can connect directly the source , even the PC.
What is their Indian Price..

What are the active speakers that i can connect directly to PC without amp ( not the altec,logitech ones).

Audioengine 2 speakers

Yes they are active speakers with inbuilt amplification. A5 will cost around 20K and are much better. A2 are around 10K but not everyone's cup of tea so do audition the A2s specifically.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back