D2X Sonar - PC Audio

Are the Audio-engine 2 or 5 speakers active speakers, so we can connect directly the source , even the PC.
What is their Indian Price..

What are the active speakers that i can connect directly to PC without amp ( not the altec,logitech ones).

Audioengine 2 speakers

There are other options for powered speakers like Genelec, AVI ADM but they will be quite expensive. Quad too has a couple of active monitors. Basically all will be studio monitors and great for nearfield listening. Not really suited for loud and distance playing. But great for PC especially if you're going to be seated near them.

What's your budget?

There are other options for powered speakers like Genelec, AVI ADM but they will be quite expensive. Quad too has a couple of active monitors. Basically all will be studio monitors and great for nearfield listening. Not really suited for loud and distance playing. But great for PC especially if you're going to be seated near them.

What's your budget?

But wont most studio monitors require a amplifier.

I think Audioengine 5 is a best middle deal of getting active spks for 20k.
But would they match with say a dali lecktor 2 with a CA/NAD amp..

What's your budget?

Actually the Quad actives and Dynaudio actives are supposed to very good - both for nearfield and for distance listening.

Actually the Quad actives and Dynaudio actives are supposed to very good - both for nearfield and for distance listening.

Ok. I've heard the Dynaudio (but are they available locally). A friend picked the Quad 12L and he's been singing their praises. Will be touching bases with him this weekend to have a listen myself.

But wont most studio monitors require a amplifier.

I think Audioengine 5 is a best middle deal of getting active spks for 20k.
But would they match with say a dali lecktor 2 with a CA/NAD amp..

Actually most studio monitors are self-powered these days while most home Hi-Fi speakers are non-powered.

Only thing you have to watch out for is crank up the volume and see how it sounds from 10 feet or more. Not really an issue if you're going to be listening from like 5-8 feet.

Replay gain pal

Thought so, but you don't need it for FLAC. It works best for lossy formats like MP3. BTW what setting do you use? I used to use 89dB in Foobar for MP3, but not since I've moved to FLAC. Does it even work on FLAC files?

Thought so, but you don't need it for FLAC. It works best for lossy formats like MP3. BTW what setting do you use? I used to use 89dB in Foobar for MP3, but not since I've moved to FLAC. Does it even work on FLAC files?

Replay gain is a normalising phenemenon that the player picks up from song headers. It ensures a consistent sound level during playback and is format agnostic for non DRM files.

Replay gain is a normalising phenemenon that the player picks up from song headers. It ensures a consistent sound level during playback and is format agnostic for non DRM files.

Yeah that's correct, and I would use it to normalize volume levels since ripped MP3 content reach levels near to clipping or have actual clipping itself. Never needed it to increase the loudness per se. I'm not even sure it works in non-lossy formats like FLAC, but anyways I don't need RG with my current setup.

It's quite useful though for MP3 content. I would rip MP3s at 96KBPS to accommodate as many songs (storage space was very less in mobiles a few years ago) and at those bit rates of 96KBPS and the like RG came in very handy.

Shyam Bajaj just mailed me the price of Norge concerto gold amp its 10000 INR...and there's this new speaker system Norge Symphony and its costing 15500 INR....Shipping charges 800 INR... Is it worth.....and what kind of speakers they use......I'm going to audition Craftel today...

Shyam Bajaj just mailed me the price of Norge concerto gold amp its 10000 INR...and there's this new speaker system Norge Symphony and its costing 15500 INR....Shipping charges 800 INR... Is it worth.....and what kind of speakers they use......I'm going to audition Craftel today...

New Norge nano BS 4ohm spk for 9k & is recommended by avMax(4.5/5).

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back