DAC bananas

sandyboy101

any idea if these are good?
wont bare wire have less interference?
these cost 450/- a pair.
qed is abt 450 each plug
monster was abt 2100/- for 2 pairs.

also are the kimber kables worth buying from here? 4vs costs abt 280/foot!!
qed silver anniv biwire is abt 770/meter but they are flat and wont go through my speaker stand holes.

Last edited:
A member on this forum (I think it was soundsgreat) gave a great idea once - get some silver solder and coat the ends of your speaker cable in a nice layer of solder with strands completely covered. This will make a DIY banana jack.

Why spend 2K when you can get it done for less?

Cheers

problems with soldering from what i read :
1) oxidizes
2) the solder is not a very good conductor

used the dac gold bananas for my fronts, i feel something changed in the sound. Maybe im just struck with the audiola virus.

problems with soldering from what i read :
1) oxidizes
2) the solder is not a very good conductor

used the dac gold bananas for my fronts, i feel something changed in the sound. Maybe im just struck with the audiola virus.

Using a banana plug or spade plug will not improve the sound, this is just an illusion. Using a low quality pins will infact degrade your systems performance. We use the pins just for convenience. If you use good quality cables then there is less chances of Oxidizing , just remove the cables once in 2-3 months and clean the tips with isoprohyl Alcohol.

david.

true...the change in sound i spoke abt was not for the better ...i felt.
that's why i dont really wanna use anything but bare wire.
I was planning on bi-wiring/amping and using some connector was making the process neater.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back