Dac comparison

He's already compared most of the dacs on his list. The expensive ones are still left. Like dcs, MSB

Yes, very interesting and well put together. I'd have expected the Hex to be on the list.

What's the update on your Yggy, Prem? Hoping to get your impressions soon of the Yggy in your setup.

Hi Naturelover

Yggy and the Aries mini are at my brother in laws place in US. Should hopefully have it by next month.

Hex is no longer in production. Hence may not have been in review shortlist.

Prem, when do you expect to get your Yggy? Like others, I am too looking forward to your comparison of the Yggy with similarly priced DACs in your own setup.... The OP on head-hi has been listening to the DACs using headphones I am assuming and not too sure if the headphones are the same for each audition...

In your case, everything else would be the same and therefore would make for a better comparison....

Hi Panditji

I will be getting it sometime next month. Then I guess it goes through its 3 week break in. So it will be sometime before I can assess its potential

I have no other dac at home that I can compare it with though

Also do not have xlr RCA adapters. Further will be using optical out and not USB. All of this will highly limit the models I can compare it to

Last edited:
:) Panditji. Will let you know how it sounds FWIW

If however somebody in Mumbai wants to do a shootout, can lend my Yggdrasil

Hi Panditji

I will be getting it sometime next month. Then I guess it goes through its 3 week break in. So it will be sometime before I can assess its potential

I have no other dac at home that I can compare it with though

Also do not have xlr RCA adapters. Further will be using optical out and not USB. All of this will highly limit the models I can compare it to

I was reading up on the Yggdrasil and the several owners comment about at least a 300-400 hour break in to assess its true potential. Probably they pass a signal continuously for hours before this long a break in happens.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back