Dac for Macbook + Swan M10

tomonpublic

I am using a Macbook pro for a long time. It has a optical out as well.

Recently I bought a Swan M10. Output from the normal headphone jack is not pleasing to ears. So I am thinking of using my optical out.

Looking for a DAC which produces best sound out of my setup.

One of my friend using a very similar setup with fiio E03K. But I am not convinced as the Mids are not much audible.

Any suggestion for a good DAC not more than 10k?

You can't better the MB DAC. If you don't like your speakers through the MB headphone jack, you don't like those speakers.

There isn't much or anything a DAC can do about it. Apple DACs are identical the the Becnhmark DAC2 acc to several tests. They are 100% transparent.

You need to change your speakers if you don't like them.

I am using a Macbook pro for a long time. It has a optical out as well.

Recently I bought a Swan M10. Output from the normal headphone jack is not pleasing to ears. So I am thinking of using my optical out.

Looking for a DAC which produces best sound out of my setup.

One of my friend using a very similar setup with fiio E03K. But I am not convinced as the Mids are not much audible.

Any suggestion for a good DAC not more than 10k?

What do you not like about the sound? Changing the DAC will not change the basic sound signature in that setup. At least don't expect too much from a 10k DAC.

If the sound is not "clean" the first thing to change is the cable. Get a good quality 3.5mm to RCA cable. That should fix some of the "irritation" in the sound.

You can't better the MB DAC. If you don't like your speakers through the MB headphone jack, you don't like those speakers.

There isn't much or anything a DAC can do about it. Apple DACs are identical the the Becnhmark DAC2 acc to several tests. They are 100% transparent.

"Apple Dacs are identical to the Becnhmark DAC2", are you serious? Also as per some of your recent posts if the output level or gain are matched then all DACs will be similar sounding!!!

So if I can understand your statement correctly I just need a voltage divider or passive preamp and DAC with high gain output (say 3V or 5V) to get all sort of sound quality offered by various DACs available at this moment in the market. I have to set the output gain to (with the help of the passive) 2.5V to have a taste of DAC19 or have to set the output to 2V to have a taste of Gungnir or have to set the output to 2.2V to have a taste of Arcam irDAC.

Very very funny.......... So 2 Volts RMS analog output offered by almost all DVD/BDP player will going to sound very very close or even same like Schiit Yggdrasil as it is also have 2 volts RMS output (Single End). All the following terms or parameters are ignore-able like, THD, SNR, IMD, Clock Management, Digital Filter, Analog stage, output impedance etc. etc... ???

One of the most ridiculous claim I ever came across. For your knowledge I already had tried a passive to make my Audio-gd NFB-3 sound like BDP-160, but I failed. As per your claim My Pioneer BDP-160 and Pioneer Elite N-50 will sound same as they both offer 2V RMS output. For your kind information that is also not true.

Last edited:

You got the guts man:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back