DAC Speaker Cable Price and 40' HDMI cable for Home Theater

iluvmusic

Hi, I am building a dedicated HT room and have bought DAC 10 gauge (OFC SPK10) cable 50m at the dealer's suggestion. The price he charged is Rs. 250/mtr.

Also I have bought subwoofer cable DAC 50m at Rs. 100/mtr for other rooms.

I just want to confirm if these are the right prices. :eek:

I also need 40 feet HDMI cable for the projector. What is the best option for 1080p 3D playback - single cable or via some kind of extender ??
After reading at avsforum I suppose Blue Jeans Cable Series-1 is the best option. Is it available here?? How much will it cost?? :rolleyes:

DAC speaker cables and ICs are good. Actually the reason you did not get a reply is that there are many threads discussing DAC cables. For example:

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/1066-please-help-me-outtt.html
http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-cables/1826-dac-cables-how-good-they.html

Regarding 40 feet HDMI cable, there are companies that sell 10 and 15 meter cables with a guarantee for flawless data transmission. I am not sure what specs you are looking for but se whether your equipment needs 1.3a or 1.4. A ten meter cable of good quality should cost you some 10-15K.

Cheers

@venkatcr Thanks for the kind reply!!
And I have already checked the posts u mentioned and checked them again as well, But the problem is that they discuss only 16 and 14 Gauge wire prices. I want to know the price for 10 Gauge. :confused:

And can somebody pls help me with the specs of the HDMI cable i will need for 1080p 3D playback from 40 feet. I haven't decided the equipment yet as I don't think it should matter.

This has also been discussed. Here is simple table that shows the distance and the gauge needed. In most cases a 14AWG is more than sufficient.

18 AWG 10 feet
16 AWG 20 feet
14 AWG 35 feet
12 AWG 60 feet
10 AWG 100 feet

Unless you are using 100 feet, a 10AWG is an overkill. I would suggest you return the speaker wire and go in for 12 or 14 AWG.

Regarding 3D transmission, you need HDMI 1.4

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back