Dali floor standing speakers

I had a demo of opticon6 with NAD integrated amp in strereo and Pioneer lx303 AVR in HT.Both sounded good to me and there was no struggle to drive them.

@arunvivek any suggestions what AVRs that would go best with the Opticon?
Not sure if I read in audioholics but I recall some good feedback of Yamaha Aventage pairing well with Opticons. You might have to google it. Opticons would sound good with AVRs but the best can be brought out through proper amplifer. If I have to stick to Opticons and have means to spend additional funds, I would do the following to do full justice to the speakers:
Do you really need an AVR? If yes:
1.Pricey solution - Mid range AVR ~ 80K + Power amplifier ~ 40K ( Crown XLS1502 ~ 27K or Emotiva BasxA300 46K in HT store but can be bought for less, Acoustic Portrait Swara power amps. Better room correction software will help the sound. You can see if Dalis sound good with the AVRs before buying power amplifier.
2. Slightly cheaper solution - Marantz NR1609 ~42K (or any other AVR which has pre outs) +Power amplifier ~ 40K - The room correction software would not be as good as the above option but you save 40K.
If you do not need functionality of AVRs (multiple connection, room correction etc, digital connections), then going in for stereo setup. (I compromised for an AVR). I see that you have sources for stereo setup (Tape Deck, TT & CD/DVD player).
3. Stereo system ~60K - Good pre-power or mid level amplifier would get you more satisfaction for music. You would get quality systems from (AP, Marantz, Yamaha).

If you have the time and means to go DIY, FM Aniket's & Shaan's kits are there for you achieve quality experience at a lesser spend.

I agree with you. What are the prices of a decent power amp?

Review from a FM

2. Slightly cheaper solution - Marantz NR1609 ~42K (or any other AVR which has pre outs) +Power amplifier ~ 40K - The room correction software would not be as good as the above option but you save 40K.
Room correction can be had for cheap via Mini DSP or Paradigm PW Link.

@arunvivek @areoash, since I already have an AVR (ONKYO TXDS676 specs - https://www.cnet.com/products/onkyo-onkyo-tx-ds676/ ) which is a 6-8 ohm AVR which has a preout front (L and R), can I just buy the power amplifier and connect them to the AVR to power these speakers?
Of course you can. In this case your Onkyo becomes the Pre-amp. Once you buy a power amp with plenty of wattage it'll serve you well for a long long time.
Later on, depending on your needs, you'll just have to switch the Pre-amp.
A power amp is more of a one time investment. Just remember to buy one that's twice the power of your speaker's max recommended, this is ideally recommended in order to have plenty of head room. If that's not possible then you should definitely buy an amp that matches your speaker's max.
This recommendation is regardless of your listening volume.

One huge advantage the Crown Drivecore line has is that it has crossovers. High Pass and low pass filters. So if you plan to add subwoofers later on you can always set the front mains to high Pass only, via the power amp.

Im a complete noob when it comes to technicalities. I do have a single subwoofer already which I am using connecting from my AVR. I would appreciate some poweramp suggestions that I could use with my Onkyo AVR/Opticon6 speakers....

Have you bought the Opticon already?
Why don't you connect with FM @anirudhchandrashekar who is based out of Bangalore and is using Crown. Alternately, you can also connect with Acoustic Portrait's proprietor Siva. Both the amps are around the same price . You can email them or whatsapp your query and they should be able to advise you whether their amps would handle the 4 ohms spec of Dali and if your AVRs pre-out has adequate impedance (per the manual it is 1V, 470 ohms) to be paired with Swara.

Have you bought the Opticon already?
Why don't you connect with FM @anirudhchandrashekar who is based out of Bangalore and is using Crown. Alternately, you can also connect with Acoustic Portrait's proprietor Siva. Both the amps are around the same price . You can email them or whatsapp your query and they should be able to advise you whether their amps would handle the 4 ohms spec of Dali and if your AVRs pre-out has adequate impedance (per the manual it is 1V, 470 ohms) to be paired with Swara.
I haven’t bought it yet. Trying to figure out the power amplifier first (so I can plan a budget) before I can go ahead.

Sandesh,
Best to go with Emotiva..I was also in the same boat as you are currently now. But I have decided on Emotiva XPA-3. The Products like Crown and all are not meant for us (Im a complete noob when it comes to technicalities) though they may look cheap but it requires lot of technicalities while operating. Instead you can rely on brands like Emotiva. Contact HT Store in Jaynagar as they have Emotiva Power amps.

@shibashis - I actually heard both the Oberon 7 and the Opticon 6. I actually was contemplating buying the Opticon 6 so I would not be tempted to again buy a high end speaker after a couple of years lol. But as my luck would have it the Opticons are 4 ohm speakers and are too much to handle for my Onkyo TXDS676 (6-8 ohms AVR). At this moment I can afford only to change the speaker and not the AVR, so I'm back to square one in deciding a speaker.
I always tend to advice people to buy the speaker or series one notch higher than what they were initially looking for. In other words get the very best possible in your budget or stretch it a little to get it. That way you can happily live with it for a good few years before you have that itch again to upgrade. Speaking from experience you see. :)
So I will wholeheartedly say you should go for the Opticons if you really love them. Yes, they need better amplification but that can be managed a little down the line, we always find a way to. ;)

they may look cheap but it requires lot of technicalities while operating.
Could you please tell me what technical difficulties you were facing with this amp?

It's a power amp, as straightforward as you can get. Plug-in in the inputs from the Pre-amp, connect the speaker wire and you turn the volume knobs!

Sandesh,
Best to go with Emotiva..I was also in the same boat as you are currently now. But I have decided on Emotiva XPA-3. The Products like Crown and all are not meant for us (Im a complete noob when it comes to technicalities) though they may look cheap but it requires lot of technicalities while operating. Instead you can rely on brands like Emotiva. Contact HT Store in Jaynagar as they have Emotiva Power amps.
@rajivaryan1984 unfortunately this amplifier is totally out of my budget. It's a big mistake I know, but I have spent a lot on my TV, recliners, AV furniture, and other stuff, so its impossible for me to afford this amplifier also

Hi Sandesh,

This ad for Dali Opticon floorstanders for Rs. 30,000/- in good condition on OLX but is based in Delhi. In case if you are interested in buying used stuff there are some option below. Pls be careful in dealing since the person selling is in Delhi & you are in B'lore. You can save on a good powerful amp in case if you find speakers in good condition. The Concept 6 seller is based in B'lore. Pls audition them personally & if possible take someone with you to check the speakers.

Delhi

Tamil nadu

chennai

Bangalore

All the best

Last edited:
I would be sceptical of low prices and tread with caution

Very true Mpw, would agree with you. Hence would be better if Sandesh goes personally to inspect the speakers especially for the Concept 6 since it is in B'lore. Could be a possibility of re-coning of drivers may have been done or something pertaining to the condition of the speakers.

The above quoted price of the Opticon 6 seems too good to be true. A new pair cost approximately 1.4L.
If you can check them out in person and it is indeed what it says on the tin, you have a winner in your hands...and your pocket.
So tread with caution.
Rgds

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back