Dali Ikon 6 + NAD 352

Incorrigible

Hi All,

Please help in setting my stereo system. my room is around 20 x 12 Ft. Basically i listen to soft rock, pop, gazals, Hindi songs. budget is ard 130K.
i am considering following:

Dali Ikon 6 + NAD 352/355
PSB Image T55 + NAD 352/355

or DAli Ikon 6+ NAD C162 + C272 (i believe this would be out of my budget)

Please help, also it would be great if anyone could share the price for the same.

Cheers
Sharad

Not very familier with NAD gear.

But I have been using Ikon 6 with different Marantz gears for qutie some time. In your budget, you can put together the 6002 combo or a step higher the 7001 combo from Marantz. Their new range is out, you might want to check out those as well.

Happy auditioning.

Hi
Dali Ikon 6 or Monitor Audio RS 6 are the ones to beat in FS in the price bracket. PSB are good speakers but resale is v poor.(If that matters to u)

Regarding amplification i prefer Marantz to the current Nad. Arcam is even better. U quote your budget of 1.3L for just amp+ speakers or cdp+amp+speakers?If its the former then please dont buy a 352/355/325 etc etc. Look at the PM 15 S 1( ideal ) or the PM 7001 at the minimum or if u are going Nad take the pre/power. Bargain on the 162/272 combo as its now replaced by newer components. Try an Arcam FMJ A 28 too.

Choose the speaker first and then power it with the amp that sounds best to ur ears.

Rgds

Thanks.....Diyaar and Unleash me.

I auditioned Dali 6 but it is not going well with 352 highs are good but not lows.
can you please suggest me some good combo
Arcam + whichspeakers and what would be price tags for them???

thanks again

sharad

I auditioned Dali 6 but it is not going well with 352 highs are good but not lows.

thanks again

sharad

Hi:

One thing you have to remember Ikon 6 are not that bass heavy nor they go down deep as MA RS6 would. Having said that, Ikon 6 has a tight and enough bass to produce that sweet SQ. Arcam goes really well with Ikon 6.

If you're really after deep bass, please audition MA RS6 with NAD and Marantz amps, you are in for a treat;)

If your budget allow, Naim goes really well with Dali Ikon 6. I have heard this combo and the SQ is out of the world.

Dynaudio122 with Nad C375/Roksan Kandy L111/K2
Quad 22l2 with Nad C355/C375 or Marantz 8003
MA RS 6/Dali Ikon 6 with Nad 355/Nad 375 or Marantz 8003

Last edited:

thanks again

sharad

If you have an option, audition the Dali's with a Naim Nait 5i amp. This combo is one fo the best bangs for the bucks in terms of musicality and soundstage. A used Nait woudl end up being the same as the other brands you are looking into and is better than the Arcam, NAD etc. brands in comparison.

Mind you these are good brands but Naim is a definite step up.

Nope, wrong matching, Naim 5i with Ikon 6, would lean towards harshness for sure. Heard extensively the Naim with the Ikon 6 at my bro place, all the time souded too forward and unpleasant, but the Naim was too powerful, I should say. IMO.

Having said that, Primare I30, Naim, Cyrus, CA all would err towards the brighter side with the Ikon 6. Arcam FMJ A28/A38 would sound really fantastic with the Ikon 6. May be a Marantz 8003 would sound good too ?

:)

Hi:

One thing you have to remember Ikon 6 are not that bass heavy nor they go down deep as MA RS6 would. Having said that, Ikon 6 has a tight and enough bass to produce that sweet SQ. Arcam goes really well with Ikon 6.

If you're really after deep bass, please audition MA RS6 with NAD and Marantz amps, you are in for a treat;)

If your budget allow, Naim goes really well with Dali Ikon 6. I have heard this combo and the SQ is out of the world.
Nope, wrong matching, Naim 5i with Ikon 6, would lean towards harshness for sure. Heard extensively the Naim with the Ikon 6 at my bro place, all the time souded too forward and unpleasant, but the Naim was too powerful, I should say. IMO.

Having said that, Primare I30, Naim, Cyrus, CA all would err towards the brighter side with the Ikon 6. Arcam FMJ A28/A38 would sound really fantastic with the Ikon 6. May be a Marantz 8003 would sound good too ?

So wat r u trying to say? Naim is good r bad with Dali. Have u gone mad?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Bright, thats it.

Yes, the latest observation of Dali + Naim contradicts my previous observation, coz, that time I was not born-again audio enthusiast, just a layman.

Last edited:
So wat r u trying to say? Naim is good r bad with Dali. Have u gone mad?????

Hey newbie!

Why not spend sometime reading the forum rules before jumping on the bandwagon. I quote from the rules ...

"We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics are STRICTLY prohibited. Even indirect use of abusive language (e.g. B****) will attract moderator action.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back