Dali Speakers 5.1 setup - Need Help

Musiclover75

Dear Gurus --

I am planning to buy Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf with Velodyne Impact 10.
Please guide me if this will be good combination.
My budget is rs 1 lac, my room is 12 X 16 ft. Most of the time we listen to music (Indian classical vocal, old hindi songs). I would like this setup to be 5.1 for movies.

Kindly suggest me AVR as well..
Thanks a lot

Dear Gurus --

I am planning to buy Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf with Velodyne Impact 10.
Please guide me if this will be good combination.
My budget is rs 1 lac, my room is 12 X 16 ft. Most of the time we listen to music (Indian classical vocal, old hindi songs). I would like this setup to be 5.1 for movies.

Kindly suggest me AVR as well..
Thanks a lot

Why do you want to go for Zensor 1 for all speakers of 5.1 setup. In any case you will have to go for Zensor Vokal for the center Chanel. Suggest that you initially buy only 2 speakers of Zensor 1 and use them as fronts. You can decide on adding the other two Zensor 5 or 1 later.

I think the cost factor.

There are plenty of other brands to look at.

Include the cost of cables and installation also in your budget. Mind you !surprisingly they are getting costlier these days. And a good source is a very important element.

Thanks a lot for quick response.
I liked the idea of building it step by step Jagdish.
I will buy Dali zensor 1 as front speakers for now. Will Dali Vocal a good choice for center speaker?

What about Velodyne Impact 10 as a subwoofer? It matches with above combination?

Should I go for Denon 1713/2113 or Marrantz 1402?
Thanks Kittu I will ask the prices of connectors and wires too...mainly long wires for surrounds.

Thanks Gurus.

Thanks a lot for quick response.
I liked the idea of building it step by step Jagdish.
I will buy Dali zensor 1 as front speakers for now. Will Dali Vocal a good choice for center speaker?

What about Velodyne Impact 10 as a subwoofer? It matches with above combination?

The rule is not to mix up the fronts and center from different series. So Zensor Vokal is the natural choice for center speaker.

I do not know anything about Sub Woofer so can not comment. But yes an entirely different manufacturer can be paired as a Sub.

There are many brands available in market. Doing step by step is a great idea but with out your knowledge you would have doubled the budget. I personally think if you have decided on a budget you should invest in one shot on a brand which suits your listening and comes in your budget.

Check out some package deals on hifimart and also listen to as many brands as possible in your area.

If following a good price Gurus?

30000 for Denon 1713
17100 Dali zensor 1 pair
15700 for Dali Vocal?
25000 for Velodyne Impact 10 ?

Thanks

Thanks a lot Kittu. Sorry for incorrect price of Denon 1713. I reconfirmed its Rs 33,000.
Apart from this, wires and plugs are extra.

I posted the prices here, as I read on some of the threads that we should bargain for 15-20% discount. And the above prices are at most 5% discount.
Thanks

Marantz & Denon pair well with Zensor ,Yamaha also good but some people may feel more brighter .. so take an audition and decide ..Zensor vokal is very good one ..but before purchasing that make sure u have sufficient space beneath or above ur TV since it is a very big center speaker in comaprison with other brand of the same range..
If u r more prone to music u can try Zensor 3 which is very good in comparison to zensor 1.

You can call and check DNI Home theatre or HT Store
In the dali website DNI is listed as dealer.
htstore.in advertise dali is available.

Kindly update about your demo experience..

Thank you Pramod.

Bangloreans: Any clue where can I audition Dalis?

Since music will be an important aspect of your experience with this setup I strongly suggest to start with Zensor 3 as front speakers, should cost you around 30K. Let these be the fulcrum and then build around these.
Zensor 1 is fantastic, Zensor 3 are the bigger brothers with better bass response and more body to the music. You will not regret the Zenor 3s, add Zensor 1 later as your rear speakers. Even though you are getting the Velodyne, Zensor 3s will still be much sweeter, talk this up with your dealer and see if you can listen to the Zensor 3s.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back