dayton 25W plate amplifier

I feel that a 25W amp will not yield very good results even with a 6.5/8 inch subwoofer driver, even in a small room, especially if its a sealed design.

Moeover, that seems too expensive for a discontinued model. Thats the price for a Dayton SA100 at PE
Dayton Audio SA100 100W Subwoofer Amplifier 300-802

I feel you should go in for at least a 10 inch driver with the above amp.

Nevertheless, if you are set on the 8 incher (no 6 incher sub please), I feel that the least you can go with is this and that too by the most conservative stds.

Dayton Audio SA70 70W Subwoofer Amplifier 300-784

Just my two phooti kaudies
HTH

A much better thing to do would be to get the Forte Plate Amp from Varsha Electronics Mumbai. Contact Mr. Mayank 9821026522. The price for a 200 W, 4 ohm capable amp is 5500/-.

Dear Pranaam
Please help FMs to help you by giving details of which kind of sub you intend to build, with which driver and type of cabinet. There is much more to building a subwoofer than putting a driver and a plate amp in a cabinet. I feel if you want a small subwoofer for a small room, you may also like to consider buying one instead of going through the motions of building one. What is your budget like?

Regards

Dear Pranaam
Please help FMs to help you by giving details of which kind of sub you intend to build, with which driver and type of cabinet. There is much more to building a subwoofer than putting a driver and a plate amp in a cabinet. I feel if you want a small subwoofer for a small room, you may also like to consider buying one instead of going through the motions of building one. What is your budget like?

Regards
this sub will augment the lows below 70hz to a fostex 4.5" driver based TL speakers. above 70hz, fostex is doing its job just fine. its not easy to match a sub with fast and accurate driver like fostex which excels in upper bass and mid region. hence figuring out which sub to use.

Both driver and plate amp were sourced from the US and were heavy. Enclosure used a passive radiator-also from the US.

oh...that would work out very costly for me. i think forte 200 is well within my budget. i can couple it with 10 or 12" subwoofer from peerless. have anybody in forum have used it?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back