Dayton Audio DA30 mini Amplifier

HiFiAudioFan

Can any members post views on Dayton Audio's integrated amplifiers? they are entry level ,so am not expecting anything extraordinary but are they value for money ? looking at the DA30, 2X15w Class D Mini Amplifier , is this ideal to hook up a CD player with or maybe a phono stage for a turntable?

Any feedback ,views, opinions will be most helpful and appreciated.

What is your goal ? I see you already have Marantz and other nice equipments. Value for money these daytons are, but they measure not so good. Nor the speakers you queried in other thread. And only you can decide if you want to spend money on them. If possible audition is best approach.
I have found some ready modules like TA2020 (Not available anymore) and TPA3116D2 sound very good. TDA7948 powerful but Okayish. But these will require little DIY work from your side. Depends so much on your reason for new purchase.
Regards.
addition : a word of caution. These modules do not come with any warranty.

What is your goal ? I see you already have Marantz and other nice equipments. Value for money these daytons are, but they measure not so good. Nor the speakers you queried in other thread. And only you can decide if you want to spend money on them. If possible audition is best approach.
I have found some ready modules like TA2020 (Not available anymore) and TPA3116D2 sound very good. TDA7948 powerful but Okayish. But these will require little DIY work from your side. Depends so much on your reason for new purchase.
Regards.
addition : a word of caution. These modules do not come with any warranty.
Thank you very much for your reply and information, much appreciated. Am asking for a friend who is on a shoe string budget and both the speakers and amplifier will fit in under 25-30k. which is his rough budget. If a CD player can be hooked to it or a phono stage for a turntable then i think he would be happy. He is not looking for audiophile sound quality, just a simple set up which he can use to play back music. Do advice if there is any more info. Thanks in advance.

I see that the Dayton Audio DA30 is a single input amp. If so, do consider the similarly spec'd Allo Volt+ or Volt+D.
It has a stepped attenuator volume control. You may read about it here.
It will set you back by about 8K INR, the rest of the budget can be utilized towards speakers.

For speakers, do check with HiFiMart (@HiFiVision). There are decent offerings in the 10-20K INR range.
Also keep an eye out for used equipment in the "For Sale by Owner" section.

Cheers,
Raghu

+1 was about to mention Allo Volt.
My thinking would be to spend comparatively little more on speaker. Reason being good sounding and measuring can be easily achieved by budget amplifier.
Do update once you decide.
Regards.

Thank you very much for your reply and information, much appreciated. Am asking for a friend who is on a shoe string budget and both the speakers and amplifier will fit in under 25-30k. which is his rough budget. If a CD player can be hooked to it or a phono stage for a turntable then i think he would be happy. He is not looking for audiophile sound quality, just a simple set up which he can use to play back music. Do advice if there is any more info. Thanks in advance.
I know the thread is on amp requirement but based on budget and requirement, my recommendation would be to go for active speakers on that budget like swans or edifier. I personally heard models of both at 10k price range and was surprised at their performance compared to price. Their higher models at 25-30k must definitely be better. The set-up would also have fewer components and convenient unless your friend is looking at upgrade path of components

<snip> , is this ideal to hook up a CD player with or maybe a phono stage for a turntable?

Any feedback ,views, opinions will be most helpful and appreciated.
The Dayton will do just fine for it's intended usage and with the right speakers. If it is much cheaper than the Allo Volt (that Raghu suggested), go for it else buy the Volt.

I see that the Dayton Audio DA30 is a single input amp. If so, do consider the similarly spec'd Allo Volt+ or Volt+D.
It will set you back by about 8K INR, the rest of the budget can be utilized towards speakers.

For speakers, do check with HiFiMart (@HiFiVision). There are decent offerings in the 10-20K INR range.

Cheers,
Raghu
Hello ,
Thank you very much for your reply and feedback, much appreciated. Yes the DA30 has a single input ( so mostly to be used for a CD player or later if budget permits a phono stage and turntable) but i felt it may serve my friends purpose.
I will help him look at the other brand/model you suggested as well.
Thanks again.

+1 was about to mention Allo Volt.
My thinking would be to spend comparatively little more on speaker. Reason being good sounding and measuring can be easily achieved by budget amplifier.
Do update once you decide.
Regards.
Thank you for you reply, I saw reviews for the Dayton Audio speakers online and most of them have been positive with the price/value for money being the highlight. I was wondering if any members here have used them to get a first hand opinion/view hence i posted here .

thanks again for your inputs.

I know the thread is on amp requirement but based on budget and requirement, my recommendation would be to go for active speakers on that budget like swans or edifier. I personally heard models of both at 10k price range and was surprised at their performance compared to price. Their higher models at 25-30k must definitely be better. The set-up would also have fewer components and convenient unless your friend is looking at upgrade path of components
Thank you very much for your reply and recommendation. He is more keen on a amplifier + passive speakers set up, i think in the longer run he intends to slowly upgrade. I will suggest the active speakers idea to him as well. Thanks again.

The Dayton will do just fine for it's intended usage and with the right speakers. If it is much cheaper than the Allo Volt (that Raghu suggested), go for it else buy the Volt.
Thank you very much for your reply and appreciate it alot. Good to know the Dayton will work well for either a CD player or a phono stage . I too am keep to hear it after watching some good reviews online. Thanks again and regards

Thank you very much for your reply and recommendation. He is more keen on a amplifier + passive speakers set up, i think in the longer run he intends to slowly upgrade. I will suggest the active speakers idea to him as well. Thanks again.
If he is sticking to amp+spk route, then +1 vote for volt. I have the vana player so been happy with the volt amp. you can also look at volt+D if more power is required and totally fits in the budget. other options you can explore are used NAD amps and Acrylic products just got listed on diyaudiocart.
For speakers, you can explore hifimart, dayton bookshelves on diyaudiocart and used ones

my recommendation would be to go for active speakers on that budget like swans or edifier.
I would second this. Edifier offers excellent sound with DSP and DRC, as well as options for Bluetooth. I have a 1280BT and it has been performing quite well for the price and size. Though Edifier is a Chinese company, the speakers have been designed in Europe by some of the best speaker designers in the world.

The 1700 comes close be being a studio monitor, and is supposed to deliver completely natural sound. And, it has RCA connections. That means you can connect any player to it.

If he is sticking to amp+spk route, then +1 vote for volt. I have the vana player so been happy with the volt amp. you can also look at volt+D if more power is required and totally fits in the budget. other options you can explore are used NAD amps and Acrylic products just got listed on diyaudiocart.
For speakers, you can explore hifimart, dayton bookshelves on diyaudiocart and used ones
Thank you very much for your reply, feedback & suggestions.I will suggest this to my friend. thanks again.

I would second this. Edifier offers excellent sound with DSP and DRC, as well as options for Bluetooth. I have a 1280BT and it has been performing quite well for the price and size. Though Edifier is a Chinese company, the speakers have been designed in Europe by some of the best speaker designers in the world.

The 1700 comes close be being a studio monitor, and is supposed to deliver completely natural sound. And, it has RCA connections. That means you can connect any player to it.
Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Raghu
Allo Amps are available cheaper on fabtolab.com and waretohouse.c

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back