Dayton Subwoofer drivers

Two car drivers in push pull config will give you better performance and bang for the buck.
Similar air displacement, twice the coil size (read less power compression), more power handling. Ability to push-pull mount. Smaller Vas. Reasonable T/S parameters. Locally available, less price.

Yes, these guys do seem overpriced.
I have a friend who is travelling for 2 weeks. Will try and get him to carry one. Might have to pay 100$ for the "extra baggage".

Two car drivers in push pull config will give you better performance and bang for the buck.
Similar air displacement, twice the coil size (read less power compression), more power handling. Ability to push-pull mount. Smaller Vas. Reasonable T/S parameters. Locally available, less price.
2 of the over priced drivers in one box? Are you serious?

Yes, these guys do seem overpriced.
I have a friend who is travelling for 2 weeks. Will try and get him to carry one. Might have to pay 100$ for the "extra baggage".
Customs etc makes the price higher..
However you can contact them and ask for discounts..

2 of the over priced drivers in one box? Are you serious?

I said 2 car drivers. For eg 2 of the JBL12" car sub driver that are available in every car accessory shop will probably equal (if not exceed) the Dayton. The Dayton has just 2.5" coil. With dual 12 drivers, you have a 5" coil, huge difference in heat dissipation and power handling. The landed price of Dayton is more than the entire project with 12" drivers;)

Besides, sub is for a balance of SPL, low frequency extension and distortion, doesnt matter how you get there.

I said 2 car drivers. For eg 2 of the JBL12" car sub driver that are available in every car accessory shop will probably equal (if not exceed) the Dayton. The Dayton has just 2.5" coil. With dual 12 drivers, you have a 5" coil, huge difference in heat dissipation and power handling. The landed price of Dayton is more than the entire project with 12" drivers;)

Besides, sub is for a balance of SPL, low frequency extension and distortion, doesnt matter how you get there.
My bad, missed the car driver part.

I already have that with me :D
2 subs with 2 Infinity 1262W in Push/Pull. Its really great for movies. But want lot more of mid bass/music.

Looking to upgrade with these.

Customs etc makes the price higher..
However you can contact them and ask for discounts..
Any idea what the customs would be like when carrying it along?

Last edited:

2 subs with 2 Infinity 1262W in Push/Pull. Its really great for movies. But want lot more of mid bass/music.

For midbass you should look at pro drivers

What do you mean by midbass? Do you mean the original definition of midbass which is 80-300Hz or thereabouts or the incorrect AVS definition where they call 40-100/150Hz midbass?

I was referring to 40 to 150Hz range.

Numerous folks all over define mid bass differently.
Even HSU one of the highly reputed sub-woofer manufactures define mid-bass in the 40 - 150 range. See their mid bass module.

Anyways, my drivers should arrive tonight. Hopefully customs wont be an issue.

I was referring to 40 to 150Hz range.

Numerous folks all over define mid bass differently.
Even HSU one of the highly reputed sub-woofer manufactures define mid-bass in the 40 - 150 range. See their mid bass module.

Anyways, my drivers should arrive tonight. Hopefully customs wont be an issue.

Yes many people define it differently but the definition you mentioned is one that is most commonly used on AVS.

Which driver did you decide on? Where did you buy it from?

2 of Dayton Reference 15
Got it from the US, had a friend carry them for me.
Hi, did your friend carry these in checked in baggage, because as far as in know the magnet comes under dangerous article for aircraft baggage and need to be kept in special containers.
thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back