DC's Innova interior mods in NCR

anm

Hi,
I saw the interior mods like this
DC Design - Standard - dc lounge - innova famile
and
DC Design - Standard - DC LOUNGE - INNOVA

the best things I liked about it was the recliners and partition between front driver's cabin and back.
Things I didn't like were the audio system.
Also couple of things that I do not like
1. very high price of 6.5 lakhs
2. not sure but seems only DC Design - Standard - DC LOUNGE - INNOVA is available in NCR, I will try calling them if they can do DC Design - Standard - dc lounge - innova famile which I like more.
3. no one picks up landline phone on their gurgaon showroom. I wonder how much will they support it once I spend the money.
4. the lady at the showroom (when I visited them personally) said no customization (LoL). Only what we show. Unfortunately, DC Design - Standard - dc lounge - innova famile was not displayed. I discovered it on the site.

So my question is
Q1 - has anyone got this done to their innova?
Q2 - has anyone got anything done to their car by DC?
Q3 - are there other alternatives for similar interiors in NCR? Trustworthy?

I am asking these in this forum as I find people here more trustworthy. I will ask it in team-bhp as well.

regards

Check team-bhp.com ....lotof thing against DC . also check threads about customization & it's legality ....very confusing .. BUT IN INDIA MANY THINGS ARE ILLEGAL. And things which are not according to RC book like changed colour or seat configration falls in that.

Of late Mumai ad Delhi police became stricter - esp delhi police in screen film removing drive.. so if youare influencial personwith lot of connection then only chances of escape if you are caught..

also a lot of threads talk about dc's long term term quality and other things , go through it and take you call

thanks Hemant, I had these concerns about quality and support. I have posted this in DC thread on team-bhp.
There is one local shop close to my office - I will talk to him as well - but he doesn't look like an interior guy. But will ask him.

Other aspect, besides legal, is the safety of passengers. Will the seat belts work. Will the recliners come off in case of an impact, will having a partition require airbags at the partition for safety of rear passengers?

I think there's another person in NCR who does similar customizations at a fraction of the cost. Will try and find out more if you are interested...

BTW, with the 'no tints' rule do you think it makes sense to have such interiors?

thanks Hemant, I had these concerns about quality and support. I have posted this in DC thread on team-bhp.
There is one local shop close to my office - I will talk to him as well - but he doesn't look like an interior guy. But will ask him.

Other aspect, besides legal, is the safety of passengers. Will the seat belts work. Will the recliners come off in case of an impact, will having a partition require airbags at the partition for safety of rear passengers?

Earlier I used to fantasize "mods" but yes , this aspect is again there. Unfortunatly many of the mod shops do not give you proper answer. Also look at warentee and insurance angle . Most of the mods void your warentee. Also In case of accident what type of cover you have. What if you are involved in an accident and police prove that your vehicle is illegal?
Also most of the modern vehicles are safety and crash tested and distructive testing is on no of vehicles. In taht high speed impact testing no of things are checked which includes fitment of accesories. What is the gurentee that accident logic is used in designing this mods, fitments and accesories? Think your vehicle hard breaking at 100 kmph and some fitment or furniture coming out and bumping occupants.
We Indians have very less regard of safety, I have seen people removing seat belts outside Mumbai BMC juridiction , as police does not ask.....

If you have a chance to go to Mumbai, there is a DC Innova Standard Mod on display in the arrivals area right next to the baggage belts. From what I saw, build quality was pretty decent. I really wouldn't worry too much about quality as DC has matured into a really top level body shop.

The interiors were very good. Plenty of space etc as they have taken most of the room from the back seats. It is a huge cabin when compared to anything presently available and is a very good deal for the price. Personally I would pick up an old Innova and get the sucker modded. The real drawback for me was that luggage space at the back was very much reduced.

It all depends on the situation you are in. The car is targeted at people who live in Delhi NCR and Mumbai where daily commutes are in excess of an hour or so. For small town folks like me its bit of an over kill - my commute is about 10 - 15 mins! ;)

true Nikhil. I have 1 hour each way commute.
I liked the interiors and hated the lack of luggage space. 6.5 lakhs a bit steep I think.

true Nikhil. I have 1 hour each way commute.
I liked the interiors and hated the lack of luggage space. 6.5 lakhs a bit steep I think.

I agree and that's why I said that it depends on your situation. The DC mod pretty much eliminates all other seats so no way you can take a few more people in the back. Also luggage space is severely restricted meaning that long haul journeys are going to be a challenge. Unless you travel light.

However if you are a long commuter who is spending a ton of time in your car it's an option that can make sense. Real estate types, sales or marketing honchos who need to extensive miles "in style" are probable candidates. Like I said, a second hand Innova picked up at good price + the DC mod works out to a pretty decent vehicle for the purpose.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back