Deal for Epson TW 8100

ankitbhargava

Hey all!

This inspiring Forum and fantastic FMs have inspired me to venture into a PJ, I have made up my mind for TW 8100.

Had been hunting for deals from people at OLX to the official Distributors/Retailers etc.

Have got a deal of Rs. 1.35 lakh incl. Tax from Exodus, Mumbai.

Authorised Distributor told me he cant go below 1.47 Lakh incl. an additional pair of 3D Glasses. But he probably showed some marketing skills and told that the other Party which quoted you Rs. 1.35 Lakh will NOT give a fresh Piece and would reset the Timer and supply Demo Piece.

Though I do not much care about this information but in some corner of brain I got concerned.

What is FMs suggestion here?

Hey all!

This inspiring Forum and fantastic FMs have inspired me to venture into a PJ, I have made up my mind for TW 8100.

Had been hunting for deals from people at OLX to the official Distributors/Retailers etc.

Have got a deal of Rs. 1.35 lakh incl. Tax from Exodus, Mumbai.

Authorised Distributor told me he cant go below 1.47 Lakh incl. an additional pair of 3D Glasses. But he probably showed some marketing skills and told that the other Party which quoted you Rs. 1.35 Lakh will NOT give a fresh Piece and would reset the Timer and supply Demo Piece.

Though I do not much care about this information but in some corner of brain I got concerned.

What is FMs suggestion here?

If 1.35 L + Tax is a steal. Does it have 1 pair of extra 3D glass in this price?

If so it is a bargain. Consider Rs 5000/- for the glasses. The new TW8100 are coming with one 3D glass in the box.

One way to know if it is genuine is to check the sticker on the box specifying the date of import and the MRP. These days the MRP marked is usually 1.66 L.

The box also is sealed with tape and you can observe if it is tampered before cutting the tape.

Probbably this piece might have been imported before the price increase in June 2013.

I think you have got sufficient info to go ahead. Check for yourself the above and then buy.

Good luck. :clapping:

If 1.35 L + Tax is a steal. Does it have 1 pair of extra 3D glass in this price?

If so it is a bargain. Consider Rs 5000/- for the glasses. The new TW8100 are coming with one 3D glass in the box.

One way to know if it is genuine is to check the sticker on the box specifying the date of import and the MRP. These days the MRP marked is usually 1.66 L.

The box also is sealed with tape and you can observe if it is tampered before cutting the tape.

Probbably this piece might have been imported before the price increase in June 2013.

I think you have got sufficient info to go ahead. Check for yourself the above and then buy.

Good luck. :clapping:

Thank you!

Yes it does have 1 pair of 3D glasses included :) and its 1.35 lakh including Tax, which made me more doubtful.

I have placed the order and keeping fingers crossed

Shall check date of Import and MRP

I am being told that they will get a fresh Piece from Chennai to Mumbai and then they will dispatch to me.

Its a good deal.

Forgot to add that the seal tape will be marked with print of EPSON India and also commercial and logistics.

Please check the corporate office is EPSON Bangalore and it is imported in this entity only. So it should be coming from Bangalore and not from Chennai.

Post the details after you receive. If it is genuine then this is one of the best price heard on this forum after the price is increased.

Its a good deal.

Forgot to add that the seal tape will be marked with print of EPSON India and also commercial and logistics.

Please check the corporate office is EPSON Bangalore and it is imported in this entity only. So it should be coming from Bangalore and not from Chennai.

Post the details after you receive. If it is genuine then this is one of the best price heard on this forum after the price is increased.

Exactly I failed to understand why Chennai,
I shall check with them.

I am getting nervous

Exodus is a reputed distributor for Epson and many other big brands. They will give you new and original piece. Dont worry .

Have another challenges for which I am trying to be prepared

1. Need a decent 16:9 screen of 120 inch size or 135 inch under Rs. 15K budget. Happy with manual pull down with auto lock system

Was looking for Vuemax but they dont offer manual screen in 16:9
Considering "PicturePerfect" and "Liberty" also, but not able to figure out a good deal.

Any suggestions?

2. I will install the Screen the way it will be over my 55" LED, so that I can just roll it up after watching Movie. Dont have a spare wall for PJ screen and Audio is also all set with TV right now

Does Screens come with any such mounting Kit? I shall have to keep the scree 6 inch ahead of the Wall to be able to do this.

Have another challenges for which I am trying to be prepared

1. Need a decent 16:9 screen of 120 inch size or 135 inch under Rs. 15K budget. Happy with manual pull down with auto lock system

Was looking for Vuemax but they dont offer manual screen in 16:9
Considering "PicturePerfect" and "Liberty" also, but not able to figure out a good deal.

Any suggestions?

2. I will install the Screen the way it will be over my 55" LED, so that I can just roll it up after watching Movie. Dont have a spare wall for PJ screen and Audio is also all set with TV right now

Does Screens come with any such mounting Kit? I shall have to keep the scree 6 inch ahead of the Wall to be able to do this.

Hi Ankit,

I got cheapest offer from 'Sanghavi Impex' in bangalore for 120"(8*6 ) liberty for 6k+14.5%tax (roughly) 6800. they also had grandview for 12k though i am not sure about the final price.

You can get screen mounting bracket which will keep screen away by 6 to 12inches from the wall. You can get idea from below link.
Projector Screens | AV Screens | Projection Screens | Mounting Brackets | ProjectorScreenStore

thanks

http://www.designeraudio.in/products/vuemax/vuemax-pricelist.pdf

Vuemax 150" which is 4:3 format 10 feet X 8 feet sounds like a good one, though obviously I shall be projecting more of 16:9 content. This would mean effectively I shall get 10 feet X 5.625 feet projection (120 inch X 67.5 inch), almost 137 inch Diagonal Projection.

Leaning more onto it, any reviews of Vuemax? Rs. 16000 incl Tax is good price?

Not able to find 135 inch diagonal size in 16:9 format

Thanks
Ankit

I won't recommend a 4:3 screen. Try and get the 16:9 screen only. Liberty grandview should have 135" 16:9 screens. The motorised one from them would be out of your budget but manual pull down should be around your budget. Contact the dealer here....

http://star-screen.com/contact-us.php

Last edited:
Another question

My Denon 2113 has just 1 HDMI Out
I would need a splitter (1 In and 2 Out) I believe so that I can run a Cable between AVR Out to Splitter and then Cables going to TV & Projector.

Any suggestions for a good HDMI Splitter (2 port) which should be probably support 1.4a and ARC (would ARC be required?)

Presently I am running all my sources to AVR Input and connecting HDMI OUT into TV's HDMI ARC.

Exodus is a known dealer - no problems with that.
Sanghavi Impex, Bangalore is also a joy to deal with, i got my Liberty Grandview for around 12,500 or so, don't remember the exact price. Go for Liberty Grandview if budget permits rather than Liberty - the quality is top notch and it is basically Grandview screen rebranded as Liberty Grandview.

Exodus is a known dealer - no problems with that.
Sanghavi Impex, Bangalore is also a joy to deal with, i got my Liberty Grandview for around 12,500 or so, don't remember the exact price. Go for Liberty Grandview if budget permits rather than Liberty - the quality is top notch and it is basically Grandview screen rebranded as Liberty Grandview.

Any specific series from Liberty Grandview?

HI ankitbharghargava,

Request you to tread carefully with Exodus, as they are NOT Authroised Home PJ Dealers of Epson, so pls proceed with caution prior to making the purchase. This info is recd. from Epson India directly, hence just giving you heads up.

Price btw now is 1.42L of 8100.

Best Wishes

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back