Epson tw8100 vs epson tw 8000

SAINATH

First like to thanks all the forum members here, really without you guys i would ve been dumb and gone for some stupid low grade ps and ht...thanks a lot.

Hi i was planning to go for EPSON TW8000 and i got a quote of Rs.150000/- incl tax .
but the dealer told me instead of 8000 there is a upgrade EPSON TW 8100. which is Rs.153000/- if confirmed he will consider more discount..
the diff is the contrast is 320000:1 and 2400 lumens. also the screen he quoted me logic screen not sure abt the name 120" Rs. 9750 insta lock ...
anyone know about this. pls help.

First like to thanks all the forum members here, really without you guys i would ve been dumb and gone for some stupid low grade ps and ht...thanks a lot.

Hi i was planning to go for EPSON TW8000 and i got a quote of Rs.150000/- incl tax .
but the dealer told me instead of 8000 there is a upgrade EPSON TW 8100. which is Rs.153000/- if confirmed he will consider more discount..
the diff is the contrast is 320000:1 and 2400 lumens. also the screen he quoted me logic screen not sure abt the name 120" Rs. 9750 insta lock ...
anyone know about this. pls help.

The 8100 has few improvements as I read here The Art of Home Theater Projectors ? Blog Archive ? Epson Home Cinema 5020 Projector Whats Even Better?. No need to consider the older one. I got a quote of 145000, though I was not asking for it, for the 8100.

5020 is not expected to be out in US before Dec. So I was expecting Asian variant to not be available in India at least till March-April 2013. Its amazing that dealers are are already quoting prices for it.

Same happened with me, though in my case , it was for the 3010 and 3020.I had almost finalised on the Epson 3010 when the dealers quoted for the 3020 and the best part was the prices were either same or even lower than the outgoing model.

Nice to see dealers taking the initiative and getting products here almost in the same timeframe as the global launch.

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
bought home EPSON TW 8100(with 1 3d glass free) ..........
thank you all guys for your guidance 2400 lumens and 320000:1 contrast ratio 16:9 .
8x6 screen 120" diagonal ...

congrats... and do post pics of the projector in action. :)

Could you please share the costs of the price of the screen and projector (last one. :D)

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
bought home EPSON TW 8100(with 1 3d glass free) ..........
thank you all guys for your guidance 2400 lumens and 320000:1 contrast ratio 16:9 .
8x6 screen 120" diagonal ...
Congrats Sainath! Let us know how much you paid for it.
Timing really sucked for us who bought TW8000 at group buy recently

On the other hand kudos to Epson for the pricing and launch in India.
Fully agree! This has been amazing on behalf of Epson. TW8100 equivalent US model hasn't yet been made available to general public in US. Yet here in India, people have already brought it home!
Last year's TW8000 model release was managed so badly that it became available only recently. Looks like Epson India is making up for it with this fast release of TW8100 :)

Last edited:
On the other hand kudos to Epson for the pricing and launch in India.

+1 ... The amazing thing is both the TW8000 & the TW8100 are cheaper here in India than most places in the US... Which in itself is an amazing feat for any electronics manufacturer... I have said this before too... I really hope this pushes other electronic mncs to price products more aggressively in India...

ACtually the dealer cleverly temped me with a combo offer..i blindly went for it.

TOTAL PACKAGE -1.63L
EPSON TW 8100(free one 3d glass )
HDMI 10M cable
ceiling mount kit
8x6 liberty screen
installation.

it was released on nov 1st .
he said i am the first to buy in INDIA may be that was his marketing strategy.
now comes the real test ...
the clarity on day light is really amazing i have no HT set up or BR player i just tested with VGA pc..mond blowing...
now the prob is the HT setup+ Acoustics/ sound proof
my budget was 50k but now 75k only for HT.
the dealer suggested JBL HT PACK with AVR(in built 3d BR player)v

your opinion/sugg

SEPARATES VS JBL STUDIO ONE HT PACK

SEPARATES
denon 2113 avr 7.1+
polk 400(200w) or 300(150w) FS + sub+ etc

JBL
7.1 avr 265+
3 Way FS (90w conti 360w peak i dint understand the meaning)

pls help me also sound proofing...

only disappoinyed with screen 8x6 120" diagonal 4:3 I THINK...

wat is the diff bet 4:3 and 16:9 ...

thanks in adv

"First person to buy TW8100 in India". That's cool! Have you brought the projector home?
If I were you, I would choose SEPARATES for audio setup. Not confident about JBL package.
4:3 can be partially opened to mimic 16:9 screen. Go for 16:9 screen if that's available option.

Last edited:
but the installer said that for my room 16.5ft length and 12 ft width 12 height
8x6 120" diagonal is more than enough ..so am confused.. wat is the diff btw 4:3 and 16:9

but the installer said that for my room 16.5ft length and 12 ft width 12 height
8x6 120" diagonal is more than enough ..so am confused.. wat is the diff btw 4:3 and 16:9

Projection Calculator Pro - Projector to Screen Distance

Go here and enter your parameters and switch between 4:3 and 16:9 to see the dimension differences between the two formats, and see if that suits your room.Do post impressions of the PJ when u set it up.

All the best matey. :)

Regards
Imrahn

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back