Help need to setup HT - Epson tw 8100

msk2013

This is my first time posting here at hifivision.com, but I have viewed threads in the past for information. I am in the planning stage of setting up my very first home theater in new house under construction.

My HT room will be ready in feb/March. Dimensions are 14 ft x 11 ft.

I had decided to first decide PJ and decide the other components later on. Reading various reviews from this forum, I was interested in TW 8100 and seen a demo. I had decided to go for Epson TW 8100.

I had received a quotation of Rs 1,25,000 + 18,125 VAT = 1,43,125/- without 3D glasses. The catalogue does not mention about glasses for the contents of the box.

I had read the discussions in the thread Tw8000 vs Tw 8100 in this forum started by Sainath in Nov 2012. The price indicated above seems to have not changed from the first time bought by sainath in Nov.

I request views from this forums experts for help in purchasing.

Also want to know anyone planning to buy Tw 8100 and interested in getting together to bargain as a group.

Thanks in advance

This is my first time posting here at hifivision.com, but I have viewed threads in the past for information. I am in the planning stage of setting up my very first home theater in new house under construction.

My HT room will be ready in feb/March. Dimensions are 14 ft x 11 ft.

I had decided to first decide PJ and decide the other components later on. Reading various reviews from this forum, I was interested in TW 8100 and seen a demo. I had decided to go for Epson TW 8100.

I had received a quotation of Rs 1,25,000 + 18,125 VAT = 1,43,125/- without 3D glasses. The catalogue does not mention about glasses for the contents of the box.

I had read the discussions in the thread Tw8000 vs Tw 8100 in this forum started by Sainath in Nov 2012. The price indicated above seems to have not changed from the first time bought by sainath in Nov.

I request views from this forums experts for help in purchasing.

Also want to know anyone planning to buy Tw 8100 and interested in getting together to bargain as a group.

Thanks in advance

Count me in for the group buy but have planned my buy in March end..if that is okay with you

Hey msk2013, is this dealer in Bangalore? Can you pls share their contact info? I'm planning to buy 6100 in Feb and can't find a dealer in B'lore that gives me a good deal. The best one i got so far is from Exodus in Mumbai who quoted 95+ for TW6100 with one 3d glass thrown in. I got this contact from another FM (Sribuddy). I'm not necessarily looking for a better deal (doesn't hurt btw), but it would be great to actually see and demo the product before paying. Hence looking for a dealer in b'lore. Anybody knows a good dealer in b'lore pls let me know.

Hi sash,
Even I'm in bangalore and looking for a demo of 6100 and 8100. I have spoken to a epson dealer for a demo. I will pm you once I get the confirmation.

In delhi, I am getting the 8100 for 1.16L + 12.5% tax. Didn't confirm about the 3D glass, though I think it has one included. I'll confirm it again today. Also remember, this is the price dealer quoted me. Haven't even negotiated yet.

Hey msk2013, is this dealer in Bangalore? Can you pls share their contact info? I'm planning to buy 6100 in Feb and can't find a dealer in B'lore that gives me a good deal. The best one i got so far is from Exodus in Mumbai who quoted 95+ for TW6100 with one 3d glass thrown in. I got this contact from another FM (Sribuddy). I'm not necessarily looking for a better deal (doesn't hurt btw), but it would be great to actually see and demo the product before paying. Hence looking for a dealer in b'lore. Anybody knows a good dealer in b'lore pls let me know.

Yes this dealer is in Bangalore. I had contacted EPSON toll free number and contacted the MArketing Manager who routed the offer through one of the authorised dealer. This is from Sanghavi Impex. The quoted price for TW 6100 is 95 k + 14.5% tax = 1,08,775. Yes the box has one 3D glass thrown in.

I am also planning to buy in March. Even if you are not very much bothered about price let us all combine and help us to get the benefit of group buying.

In delhi, I am getting the 8100 for 1.16L + 12.5% tax. Didn't confirm about the 3D glass, though I think it has one included. I'll confirm it again today. Also remember, this is the price dealer quoted me. Haven't even negotiated yet.

Thanks a lot. Atleast we know that we can have a second price other than 1.25L.

Thanks nsinghal for sharing.

Keep posted about your negotiated price.

So we have moviemaniac(mumbai) and sash & harshi_n(bangalore). Let us keep compiling till Feb and keep checking with other dealers and share in this forum.

Last edited:
Thanks MSK :)

And great to see support for group buy and new competitive quotations coming up ...way to go fellas! :yahoo:

I got a quote of 95K from Varay Image Runners, Mumbai for TW6100 which includes one 3D glass, tax and shipment/courier to Delhi..

So the best prices got till now is 95k for 6100 & 1.25 l for 8100 from Varay/Exodus . I'm not sure where we got 86k quote for 6100 . Is it with warranty and bill ?
I know few showrooms like DNI here are charging 1.3l and 1.7l for same model.Atleast we are saved from it :)

So the best prices got till now is 95k for 6100 & 1.25 l for 8100 from Varay/Exodus . I'm not sure where we got 86k quote for 6100 . Is it with warranty and bill ?
I know few showrooms like DNI here are charging 1.3l and 1.7l for same model.Atleast we are saved from it :)

you are correct. DNI is quoting 1.3l and 1.7 L but DNI is more into turnkey solutions to build a whole HT for your home and I think they are not interested in selling piecewise or individual components. SO I think their engineering/commisioning manpower rates are included in the price of PJ.

After following up this blog for a no of days I have confidence that we can setup our own HT.

Any friends who have outsourced HT setup as turnkey job are encouraged to share their experience in this forum. :clapping:

Yes this dealer is in Bangalore. I had contacted EPSON toll free number and contacted the MArketing Manager who routed the offer through one of the authorised dealer. This is from Sanghavi Impex. The quoted price for TW 6100 is 95 k + 14.5% tax = 1,08,775. Yes the box has one 3D glass thrown in.

I am also planning to buy in March. Even if you are not very much bothered about price let us all combine and help us to get the benefit of group buying.

Hi msk2013, I don't think this is a good deal. I got 95K all included from Exodus Mumbai, someone else got the same quote from Varay. So 1.08 is way off. Harshi_n and i talked about this yesterday and i'm going to do some more enquiries in B'lore and post here. But surely 1.08 is a rip off.

yes sash- 1.08 I had mentioned is only first quoted price and not negotiated just like the price for 8100.

All these need to be negotiated. If we have the numbers we can combinedly search for 6100 & 8100 best prices

Ok i got a decent quote in Bangalore that is between the two extremes. I might go with this keeping in mind that we might need a personal contact with the dealer in case something happens. Projectors are one of those things...
PM me guys if you are serious about this and have plans to buy Epson in the near term (i was asked not to disclose in the open so gotta respect that even though i hate all this drama). I'll give you all the details i have if you PM me.

It will be much better if you source the projector from Delhi because why take the risk of having it couriered from Mumbai, and then who knows if the piece is defective or slightly used etc and then taking the risk of damage in courier.

If still the need be to take it from Mumbai, then it is better to travel here and take a proper demo, check the item thoroughly and take it yourself instead of using the courier.

V

I got a quote of 95K from Varay Image Runners, Mumbai for TW6100 which includes one 3D glass, tax and shipment/courier to Delhi..

Thanks a lot. Atleast we know that we can have a second price other than 1.25L.

Thanks nsinghal for sharing.

Keep posted about your negotiated price

Guess I suck at negotiating. :eek:
Bought the tw8100 for 1.16L + 12.5% tax. It came with one 3D glass.

Guess I suck at negotiating. :eek:
Bought the tw8100 for 1.16L + 12.5% tax. It came with one 3D glass.

I think you still got a good deal. Your outgo is 1.3L including tax and a 3d Glass worth almost 5000 free. I think the dealers in Bangalore are charging VAT which will be higher if the goods are sold within the state. :clapping:

Regarding the suggestions to purchase from either Mumbai or Delhi - it does not seem logical.

Why I put it logical is this way (If you are buying a EPSON PJ)-

1. The corporate office from EPSON is located in Bangalore. If I am not wrong the shipments and billing will be from Bangalore EPSON office ( members please check your invoicing !!). So better to try a good deal in Bangalore( for Bangaloreans/Mysore) itself instead of going too far.

2. Even if we need to travel to Mumbai/delhi to buy EPSON for Saving 10 k the travel and expenses will be higher.

Please correct me if anyone of you have any other view point.

Hi msk2013,
I believe in the above post vinay has suggested only sunnyb to buy in the same city to avoid risk rather than getting the shipment from different city.In worst case , travel check and then buy.
As many ppl suggest, it's always better to buy in your city and have a face to face contact with the dealer.

It will be much better if you source the projector from Delhi because why take the risk of having it couriered from Mumbai, and then who knows if the piece is defective or slightly used etc and then taking the risk of damage in courier.

If still the need be to take it from Mumbai, then it is better to travel here and take a proper demo, check the item thoroughly and take it yourself instead of using the courier.

V
Thanks for the suggestion mate and surely I would buy it from Delhi and that too after watching the demo at my place itself. I was just exploring about tw6100 and the price. At least now I know that the price is 95k for tw6100 ;)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back