Help need to setup HT - Epson tw 8100

do u see only blacks - do greys that should show as grey. What abt shadow details?
I have the 6100 and really i have been trying to find any shades of grey in the blacks but have failed so far. I have watched Skyfall blu-ray, which has great reference dark scenes, numerous times only to try and find if i can spot some weakness in black but nope. I wonder how Bond's suit could have been blacker than what i see with 6100. It is pitch black!!! I'm sure the experts are not lying but really i don't know how i can see blacker blacks than what i'm seeing. Our forum member Harshi_n took a demo of both 8100 and 6100 and couldn't notice any difference either. My point is please demo both before plonking the cash. You might be able to spot the difference or you might not - so why shell out extra.
Lens shift is another story altogether and is a killer feature to have. Lack of lens shift can give you headaches during installation - but once installed i guess you don't really fiddle with it much.
Zoom is more than adequate in 6100 except if you have terrible installation restrictions (ex: for some reason you MUST hang the PJ 6 feet from screen but sit 20 feet away so need a bigger screen).

Plz also suggest Benq W1070 or Epson TW 8100- one is DLP and the other is LCD?? Any visible diff both in movies as well as gaming..
If possible if some one can guide the performance of the two if there is some light in the room.

Plz also suggest Benq W1070 or Epson TW 8100- one is DLP and the other is LCD?? Any visible diff both in movies as well as gaming..
If possible if some one can guide the performance of the two if there is some light in the room.

No personal experience with Dlp projectors so can't tell you how good or different it is compared to LCD PJs like the epson, but I'm pretty satisfied with my epson tw8100. Check out projectorreviews.com and read the reviews for both these projectors. Don't even bother looking at any other website. It'd be a waste of time.

As owning Epson 5010e pj - I confirm that the picture quality is excellent both in 2D and 3D - The screen door effect is visible only when you get closer to the screen.
Reg the DLP - heard about the Rainbow effect
Take a demo material and check it in person. Trust your Eyes...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
HT 1
Epson Homelite 5010e - 106'' Baronet motorised screen from Drapper
Oppo 83SE + Panasonic DMP BDT 500 + Mvix PVR + Denon AVR2310 + Polk Audio RM6900 + Logitech Harmony one
LG 47LM8600

HT2
Samsung UA40C7000
Yamaha YSP-4100
HTPC

I got the w7000 recently. It is amazingly bright and has lovely colors. Black levels are not as bad as reviews suggest. Will watch more - it takes about 50 hours for the PJ to break-in/ settle down. It will take similar time for excitement to settle down and reality to creep in.
My next projector would certainly be a JVC/ Sony ES - but only when they have 4k native in 3-4k budget.

Guys im planning on getting a 6100 .. saw a demo in blore..Need to know the best price and where i can get it from..
My primary use is gaming mostly..
The more i read and research the more questions and concerns..I read somewhere about input lag..Is this true? Can someone suggest other models other brands as well..
Planning to get 1 within the next few days..so a reply would be really appreciated..I was pointed to PJD7820HD by someone .. What do you guys think?

As owning Epson 5010e pj - I confirm that the picture quality is excellent both in 2D and 3D - The screen door effect is visible only when you get closer to the screen.
Reg the DLP - heard about the Rainbow effect
Take a demo material and check it in person. Trust your Eyes...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
HT 1
Epson Homelite 5010e - 106'' Baronet motorised screen from Drapper
Oppo 83SE + Panasonic DMP BDT 500 + Mvix PVR + Denon AVR2310 + Polk Audio RM6900 + Logitech Harmony one
LG 47LM8600

HT2
Samsung UA40C7000
Yamaha YSP-4100
HTPC

Where did you get that screen ?
Price ?
I'm looking for a 150 for my room

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back