Deal on Marantz SR5008

zelda

Hi folks,

I have a offer on a 10 month old Marantz SR5008 for around 40k. I am using yamaha 477 and I am happy with the movie performance but i miss my marantz PM5004 stereo amp days when it comes to music. I want to use AVR for both music and movies.Trying to avoid separate stereo setup. So will this be a better option? How is the Marantz SR5008 in terms of performance and reliability?

Help me out experts...:sad:

Hi folks,
So will this be a better option? How is the Marantz SR5008 in terms of performance and reliability?

Help me out experts...:sad:
Marantz are found to be reliable from last few series.I have heard 6008 which is very clean sounding AVR,but I found sound stage was much less than old marantz series.Also found that bass was little low than perhaps actual.Details were spot on.Have you taken demo of 5008?

Marantz are found to be reliable from last few series.I have heard 6008 which is very clean sounding AVR,but I found sound stage was much less than old marantz series.Also found that bass was little low than perhaps actual.Details were spot on.Have you taken demo of 5008?

No option for demo.it would be a blind buy :sad:

Better option is to buy a stereo amp. I use marantz 5007 but recently also bought a rotel ra 10 amp. Marantz is good for movies and music but may not replace a dedicated stereo amp (mid segment)

Better option is to buy a stereo amp. I use marantz 5007 but recently also bought a rotel ra 10 amp. Marantz is good for movies and music but may not replace a dedicated stereo amp (mid segment)

I am thinking why i sold my 5004... :indifferent14:

But again I prefer all in one solution... if possible..
But I think that is not possible.

I also have a offer for new 5009 for around 55k. But when i compared the amplifier section,5008 seems to be better... Check this

The SNR is 100 for both but for 5009 it is given as (IHF-A weighted,Direct mode). which is a old method. and for 5008 there is something called 70% guarantee. What is that? :sad:

All in one solution is possible when you go in the higher price range let's say a 7008 or 7009. In the 500x range it is difficult to achieve this. I prefer marantz avr over others for its musicality but still a stereo amp always has an edge.

700x is too expensive... :p 500x is the max I can reach out for.. May be I did a mistake by selling my Marantz 5004 amp..

I had faced a similar situation when I bought the marantz 5007 and sold my Norge 2060 in a hurry thinking that the 5007 would be all in one. I even sold my topping tp20. However I am happy now with the rotel ra10.

I had faced a similar situation when I bought the marantz 5007 and sold my Norge 2060 in a hurry thinking that the 5007 would be all in one. I even sold my topping tp20. However I am happy now with the rotel ra10.

I am thinking of acquiring a good VFM stereo amp....But then i will have to buy another set of speakers..:confused:

I am thinking of acquiring a good VFM stereo amp....But then i will have to buy another set of speakers..:confused:

Is there any way we can drive same set of speakers from AVR and Stereo Amp? I know 2 amps should not be connected to the same set of speaker terminals.

Back