Deals on 50-55" 4K TVs - December 2017 sales online

driverace

All,

I am looking at 55" 4K budget TVs this month.

I think - proven model like VU HDR Pixelight is the top pick.
But, I also see some models from TCL, Haier, Sanyo.

Let's share the deals here:

1. Vu 140cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (LTDN55XT780XWAU3D_HDR) @ 50500 INR *

2. Vu 127cm (50 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (LEDN50K310X3D Ver: 2017) @ 42500 INR *

3. TCL 139.7cm (55 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (L55P2US) @ 46500 INR* << Superb VFM - considering 3 years warranty comes standard.

While below TV is not 4K, it is 55" FHD and has good reviews. It's a 2017 model.

4. Vu 140cm (55 inch) Full HD LED TV (TL55S1CUS) @ 37500 INR * --- Brilliant VFM.

Feel free to chip in..

Ace.

------
* All above prices include a discount of 1500 INR - which we get using HDFC Credit/Debt Card.

From what I seen over the last 2 years many brands are competing with each other bringing in different features in TVs that are launched.

The question one needs to ask if ....will you really use all those features? Does one have 4k stuff to view? How much of time will you spend before a TV in our busy life and work schedule?

Most TV parts are made in China and hence built quality is not like the past CRTs which could be easily fixed for a fraction of a cost and run easily for 10-17 years....

I guess the call to be taken is to see which brand offers warranty.....one should not buy a very big TV ....all depends on viewing distance and overall performance too...connectivity and sound also plays a role....overall it should be VFM....

Bottomline, everyone has their own expectations and requirements, the person who will buy will be the best judge to decide on the brand and model. From an after sales and service feedback , we have dedicated threads and google to refer for details which can and would influence our decision.

From what I seen over the last 2 years many brands are competing with each other bringing in different features in TVs that are launched.

The question one needs to ask if ....will you really use all those features? Does one have 4k stuff to view? How much of time will you spend before a TV in our busy life and work schedule?

Most TV parts are made in China and hence built quality is not like the past CRTs which could be easily fixed for a fraction of a cost and run easily for 10-17 years....

I guess the call to be taken is to see which brand offers warranty.....one should not buy a very big TV ....all depends on viewing distance and overall performance too...connectivity and sound also plays a role....overall it should be VFM....

Bottomline, everyone has their own expectations and requirements, the person who will buy will be the best judge to decide on the brand and model. From an after sales and service feedback , we have dedicated threads and google to refer for details which can and would influence our decision.

I read and understood your message.
Do you have any suggestion over the shared TV deals?

I agree - on the TV & parts longevity point.
Which is why, I don't mind getting a basic panel with large size screen.
viewing distance in my case is 13-14 feet.
So 4k console gaming, 1080p shows, youtube all would be fine with the selected models.

Cheers,

Ace.

All,

I am looking at 55" 4K budget TVs this month.

I think - proven model like VU HDR Pixelight is the top pick.
But, I also see some models from TCL, Haier, Sanyo.

Please make sure that the 3 yrs warranty is manufacturer and covers panel..

Not sure if you have checked this - https://www.flipkart.com/cloudwalke...acker=pp_reco_productRecommendation/similar_3

seems to be least expensive of all models.. comes with 1+1 yr warranty as standard.. You will need to get 1 more additional from Flpkart..

In my opinion, Videocon (high end) models seem to be VFM.....

13 to 14 feet distance.....43'' onwards should suffice....50" is good....

Ensure manufacturer warranty is clearly mentioned for any online deal please......often the price looks so attractive and tempting that buyers miss reading the fine print......sellers promise the world and then they back off once the sale is complete.

Well. Picking a cheapest TV with a good period of warranty may not be a good idea.
All companies do not accept warranty claims positively. Warranty is void if in contact with moisture. Dont keep TV near windows/ bathrooms/ wash basin etc lest the warranty is void. Company may avoid honouring claim in several such occassions.
Alternatively you pay relatively more for Cos like Sony/ LG/ Samsung et al but you not only get good viewing pleasure but also get good after sales.

Thank you for the views, folks.
I did check & compare the reviews of TCL, Cloudwalker and Vu for the current crop of 55" 4K TVs.
Ultimately, TCL has inbuilt chromecast, Vu has some Opera app store, Cloudwalker has obsolete Android OS.
Vu PQ was cited better than TCL and way better than Cloudwalker.
I did a demo of Vu at Vu store in mall.
I think, Vu 55 incher satisfies my current requirement of running content through USB & HDMI (PC output & Xbox One gaming).

-----
https://www.flipkart.com/vu-140cm-5...acker=pp_reco_productRecommendation/similar_0
_____
I got it for 50990 ( minus 6500 for my old Samsung 32 inch LED). So effectively paid 45.5K INR for a 4K (kinda HDRish) 55" TV.

I am still unsure whether to get the extended warranty from Jeeves.
Jeeves claims to give warranty on all manufacturer warranty covered items + takes care of transportation to & fro + offers 30 day replacement if repair is not possible in 30 days**

**That I am not taking too seriously.

2 year extended warranty (can be purchased until 3 months from purchase of TV) is quoted 4150 INR for TVs priced between 50-75K INR.

Any advice on that?

thank you,

Ace.

I got it for 50990 ( minus 6500 for my old Samsung 32 inch LED). So effectively paid 45.5K INR for a 4K (kinda HDRish) 55" TV.

Congrats on your purchase..

I am still unsure whether to get the extended warranty from Jeeves.
Jeeves claims to give warranty on all manufacturer warranty covered items + takes care of transportation to & fro + offers 30 day replacement if repair is not possible in 30 days**

**That I am not taking too seriously.

Jeeves service is backed by Flipkart..So i believe, they would be quick/fast in resolving your issue incase anything unfortunate happens.. Worst case if no spares are aval, you may get a replacement model.. Now this is also possible with manufacturer warranty (VU).. But Jeeves should be quick than manufacturer..

2 year extended warranty (can be purchased until 3 months from purchase of TV) is quoted 4150 INR for TVs priced between 50-75K INR.

Any advice on that?

I suppose the quoted price of 4,15K is for Jeeves.. Manufacturer warranty would be expensive than this.. my guess, anywhere between 5 ~ 7 K INR..

Between the two, i would vote for Jeeves..

Consider the pros & cons of each and then purchase it..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back