Decent 2.0 setup within 1.5L

For Integrated amp you can consider Arcam SA10 and add a separate streamer.
For speakers, you can pick based on what you like from various brands. Do try Kef, Q acoustics(concept 20 maybe), monitor audio (Radius 90 maybe). always audition as much as possible.
Arcam SA10 + KEF Q150/350 should be a little over 1.5, but it will be a great pair.

If you have plans on extending the same setup to 5.1, then you can pick bookshelf speakers which can later be your surround speakers.
I took a similar approach in terms of speakers, my old KEF Q150s are my surround speakers now. They were great speakers for the price.
I’m using Arcam SA30, it’s an amazing amp.

Have got a Denon PMA600AE amplifier, It has a Bluetooth 4.2 for music too. Paired with Elac Debut B5.2 stand mounted speakers. Good enough for the room you have. Great for movies and Music. But advice you to go in for Wharfedale speakers. 12.1 and above.

Write to the eightaudio site's contact and he just might :)
His prices are decent, too, provided he can give you a minor discount.

Isn't he our only point of procurement for these kits? Might be a good idea going a bit easy on him... :)
Are we going to have a Sasandu amidst us soon?

I own the SB Bromos and they are very good for the price. They are better than my QA 3050is subjectively. Mine is the one with ceramic tweeters. I recently swapped those with aluminum tweeters and liked it better.
But like @Sugar said, do audition before you buy anything.
We've to include speakers, stands (if you are buying bookshelves), power/pre/integrated amp, DAC, streamer, interconnects and speaker cables in your total budget of Rs.1.50 Lakhs.
So there are multiple possibilities.
I'm just mentioning one for a start.
1. Speakers: SB Bromos (45k)
2. Stands: SF Nexus (9k)
3. Power: O&B SS2150 (25k?) - It has gain control. May be can skip on pre.
4. DAC: Topping E50 (Used one on sale here at HFV for 23k)
5. Streamer: Allo USBridge (13k)
6. Bluetooth receiver: Signature Acoustics Phoenix (3.3k)
7. Interconnects: Mogami/DAC/Any such - 2 pairs (4k)
8. Speaker cables: Beldon 8477s - 3+3 meters (200*6=Rs.1.2k)

Total Cost: 123.5k.

But do audition before buying blind. No one knows your ears better than you.
I think I would go with this OP - Upadhyay Ji. This sounds doable from my perspective. DIY will give you the BEST sound for the buck.

For Integrated amp you can consider Arcam SA10 and add a separate streamer.
For speakers, you can pick based on what you like from various brands. Do try Kef, Q acoustics(concept 20 maybe), monitor audio (Radius 90 maybe). always audition as much as possible.
Arcam SA10 + KEF Q150/350 should be a little over 1.5, but it will be a great pair.

If you have plans on extending the same setup to 5.1, then you can pick bookshelf speakers which can later be your surround speakers.
I took a similar approach in terms of speakers, my old KEF Q150s are my surround speakers now. They were great speakers for the price.
I’m using Arcam SA30, it’s an amazing amp.

I just came across this today Octavio Streamer looks like an interesting option.

Have you bought anything from SB? wanted to hear about it.
Not yet. Was looking for bromos from.singapore dealer.. Hyderabad dude doesn't respond.
[/QUOTE]
May be @mallikreddyk can help you here. Reach out to him and he should be able to help procure it if you want.
But ? Without owning or hearing how do you recommend it ?

May be @mallikreddyk can help you here. Reach out to him and he should be able to help procure it if you want.
But ? Without owning or hearing how do you recommend it ?
I'm.going to buy it..so talking about that intention itself.
[/QUOTE]
I personally own the Bromo’s and they are good. Try to get the full ADC Drivers and not the Ceramic - Aluminium combination. While that’s good Definitely the full Aluminium tweeters are excellent

What size of room are they good for? They might be judged as too big for a smaller room na..like 10*15
I use them in a massive room. Partially treated and they do a great job. But after listening to Kairos and getting used to the signature ab kissi mai bhi who mazza Nahi aa rahaa hey bhai.

I use them in a massive room. Partially treated and they do a great job. But after listening to Kairos and getting used to the signature ab kissi mai bhi who mazza Nahi aa rahaa hey bhai.
Correct....sbac smaller speakers good for the smaller room, bromos good for slightly bigger rooms.

Hello All,

I am looking for a decent 2.0 setup that can be scaled to 2.1 or 5.1(preferably but not a necessity) in future. It will be used for both music(mostly) and movies and the room is around 15x20 ft.

Music will be mostly digitally streamed from Spotify/Amazon Music. I will prefer floor standings over a bookshelf.

Cheers,
Praveen
Since you are residing in Pune, maybe you can visit this below place, which I came across, when searched for Dali Dealers.

They are also dealers for Naim, Q Acoustics, Denon, Dynaudio.

Also, there is an exclusive Focal Experience Centre in Pune

Hope this info will help you to some extent.

Hello All,

I am looking for a decent 2.0 setup that can be scaled to 2.1 or 5.1(preferably but not a necessity) in future. It will be used for both music(mostly) and movies and the room is around 15x20 ft.

Music will be mostly digitally streamed from Spotify/Amazon Music. I will prefer floor standings over a bookshelf.

Cheers,
Praveen
You can make a round trip to hear few Indian Brands (Most Indian Brands will give competition run for their money). Couple of days should set you up for Live Demonstration. You can start with Aniket in Pune then to Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai and Mumbai. It will be wise investment of your time and money.

@rwnano There were plenty of good suggestions given. I will reiterate what I heard personally , and what I think works best in that budget.
1. Bromo Speakers
2. SS2150 Amp
3. Allo Digione signature player with Shanti LPSU. (or ifi zenstream if you prefer a commercial one)
4. R2R DAC (prefer schiit over denafrips)

Note: I do have a good relation to 8audio and diyaudiocart and Aniket Das. So take my suggestions with a pinch of salt and do your own research.

Back