Deep warm bass (Floorstander) and Indian brands

arjs_1

Hi,

I own an old pair of Woodstock speakers (each has one 8" woofer, 2 tweeters)and have been enjoying their sound for quite some time now, but looking to replace them now.

I am looking for speakers (floorstanders) that have 8" or larger woofer. I have seen that nowadays floorstanders have smaller (eg 6") multiple woofers instead of one large one; however I still prefer the deep warm bass of one large woofer in a speaker.

I don't want to go in for a bookshelves+subamp option however.

Power requirements ~80W RMS per channel.

On a related note, someone told me there are Indian brands of speaker systems that are worth trying out, and some might also have larger woofers. Any good ones you suggest in Delhi ? My budget is 30K for the spkrs.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi!

Check out the Jamo website at S 718 Floorstanding Speaker - Description
This speaker has a 10" woofer embedded in the side wall.
Another model of Jamo is S606 S 606 Floorstanding Speaker - Description with a 8" woofer.
In mumbai they are available between Rs 25K and 27K, delhi price would be less.

Hi,

I own an old pair of Woodstock speakers (each has one 8" woofer, 2 tweeters)and have been enjoying their sound for quite some time now, but looking to replace them now.

I am looking for speakers (floorstanders) that have 8" or larger woofer. I have seen that nowadays floorstanders have smaller (eg 6") multiple woofers instead of one large one; however I still prefer the deep warm bass of one large woofer in a speaker.

I don't want to go in for a bookshelves+subamp option however.

Power requirements ~80W RMS per channel.

On a related note, someone told me there are Indian brands of speaker systems that are worth trying out, and some might also have larger woofers. Any good ones you suggest in Delhi ? My budget is 30K for the spkrs.

Thanks!

thanks dude! will check them out!
from one review on this forum someone said they didn't find them(s718) having enough bass, which seems odd because they have a 10" woofer. by any chance did you get a chance to audition these? do let me know what your experience was.

cheers

if u are in for bass audition the jamo C809 ,its hard to find that quality of bass from any of the speakers i know, off course @ this price level

thanks dude! will check them out!
from one review on this forum someone said they didn't find them(s718) having enough bass, which seems odd because they have a 10" woofer. by any chance did you get a chance to audition these? do let me know what your experience was.

cheers

Hi!
I did audition, the Jamo S606 here in mumbai sometime back when I was on a lookout for floorstanders.
I used my onkyo avr amp model HTS 340R for the audition.The speakers produced a heavy bass which was decent enough.The S710 has a 10" woofer and the bass would be much heavier than the S606 which has a 8" woofer. With these speakers around there is no need of a sub-woofer.Since I was using an avr amp I did not like sound quality too much.It was so-so.Maybe with a 2 channel amp the speakers will be able to give a nice effect.Sound was somewhat subdued ie the open ness was missing.This I heard on very low volume.But as soon as the volume was jacked up the speakers sounded better.But they'll sound more sharper & crisper with a dedicated 2 channel amp.Ultimately I settled for a pair of Floorstanders from Mission.The M 34i model.Although I have a sub-woofer but I rarely use it with the Missions.These speakers pair very well with my avr amp.U can also have a look at the Missions. Specially the M 35i model.It has a very deep bass.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back