Delhi Audiophiles - Jan '10 Meet

Kamal

Hi friends.
We had a nice get together in Dec'09 at SKR's home, where we met each other, listened to music on SKR's various HiFi systems & generally enjoyed ourselves.
Its January & a New Year & time for another get together.
As informed in the Dec'09 meet thread,Dr Sanjeev Garg an audiophile with an astonishing collection of Vintage gear & arguably , one of the best collections of music in India, has graciously invited us to his home in Ghazizbad on Sunday, the 17th Jan'10, at 2.30 pm .
Apart from meeting each other & seeing his collection first hand, we would also be auditioning the iconic Quad ESL 63/ ESL 989 speakers, the original Quad 2 Amp thru a choice of front end components.
We would also see the famous Yamaha 1000 speaker with beryllium mid/tweeter & lots of other well reknowned HiFi gear.
Audiophiles who are interested may please post their consent so that Dr Garg can be informed how many persons to expect.
Bec of the distance, it would be nice to pool up for the trip.
Ashish Kesarwani has offered a ride in his Innova for audiophiles who can assemble at some convenient point etc. Perhaps others can also volunteer/participate in such arrangements.
But that can come later-first, lets determine who would be able to make it.
Thereafter,I'll pm Dr Gargs' address/Mob No to such members & we'll coordinate the trip further.
Come on guys, Lets Meet & Have Some Fun !!!

I had a brief telephonic conversion with Kamalji this morning and I have volunteered to bring in my Innova and carry as many as 8 audiophile friends (including me) to Gaziabad, I have been trying to rope in Rahul Pandit, Dinesh (danccc) and Anant to go to Dr. Sanjeev's Place on Sunday. I shall take the route from Faridabad to Gaziabad via South Delhi and Noida so if anyone else wana hopp in then he is more than welcome. Please give your confirmation by sending a PM either to Kamalji or me as I have decided to bring Kamalji along.

Apart from meeting each other & seeing his collection first hand, we would also be auditioning the iconic Quad ESL 63/ ESL 989 speakers, the original Quad 2 Amp thru a choice of front end components.
We would also see the famous Yamaha 1000 speaker with beryllium mid/tweeter & lots of other well reknowned HiFi gear.

Hi Kamal,

Please try to listen to the combination of the stacked Yamaha NS1000's and the Musical Fidelity NuVista amp.

Totally different sound from SET/single driver but should to be very good,and certain to blow you away.

Regards
Rajiv

As much as I would like to, but I shall not be able to make it.
Enjoy yourselves.

Cheers!

Although I am having slight problem with my father's health, but if all goes well, I will be able to make it on 17th.

Ashish I've sent a PM to you.

I have already recieved confirmed pickup requests from:
Amitji
Hifiashok
Kamalji
Dinesh +1 (alomst confirm)
Rahul Pandit (would let me know by tonight)
So after including me we still have place left for 1
and if any last minute cancellations occur then please inform the same.

Hi Delhi guys,

So you guys in full swing so Bangy guys also!!!

Chennai sleeping due to pongal holidays on continuation with New Year...:) When the alarm is going to ring:sad:

Hi Kamal,

Please try to listen to the combination of the stacked Yamaha NS1000's and the Musical Fidelity NuVista amp.

Totally different sound from SET/single driver but should to be very good,and certain to blow you away.

Regards
Rajiv
Sure will,Rajiv.
I'm pretty excited abt this trip & will arrange for some good res snaps to be taken of the variety of gear that Dr Sanjeev has & share ot with Forum members.
Wish you were here to join us...

Guys, the Jan 17th meet stands postponed to next Sunday, the 24th Jan, 2.30 pm.
I got a call this morning from Dr Sanjeev Garg requesting the postponment since he's had to go out of town due to a family emergency.
We'll recoordinate the trip mid next week.

Dear Kamal ji,
Noted the update.

Myself alongwith two more shall be joining in, keeping it tentative as 24th seems a bit far for now. Else i was just about to text you that we three would be there on the 17th.

Also, i have posted a new thread for a tentative/intended session at my home in Gurgaon in Feb'10. Do i let it be there to enable interested friends reply back, in case the forum doesnt have any other session already in plan?

brgs
Sid

Dear Kamal ji,
Noted the update.

Myself alongwith two more shall be joining in, keeping it tentative as 24th seems a bit far for now. Else i was just about to text you that we three would be there on the 17th.

Also, i have posted a new thread for a tentative/intended session at my home in Gurgaon in Feb'10. Do i let it be there to enable interested friends reply back, in case the forum doesnt have any other session already in plan?

brgs
Sid
Siddharth ji,by all means let the Feb meet proposal at you place remain-to my knowledge, there's nothing else planned for Feb at the moment.
Regards,
Kamal

right sir.
Kindly do lend assistance for this meetup and should you want to add on to whats been posted and/or to make amends.

brgs
Sid

I have already recieved confirmed pickup requests from:
Amitji
Hifiashok
Kamalji
Dinesh +1 (alomst confirm)
Rahul Pandit (would let me know by tonight)
So after including me we still have place left for 1
and if any last minute cancellations occur then please inform the same.

Great efforts boys Kamlaji + ashishkesarwani:clapping:

+1 helium ( add pick up request)

I was really looking forward to this meeting on 17th but now I am a little disappointed by this postponment as I am not avaliable in Delhi on 24th and 25th. I will surely miss this great opportunity.

No Sweat! We have still Mr. KAmalji who is always charged for anything in audio and I'm sure he'll keep the boys motivated.

I'll be there!

I am the one who is most dissappointed...

As I said somewhere..........I wish I had the equipment worth enough to call everybody to my house itself............anyway.....someday.....yes someday....very soon..... :)

@ Sam
Beauty of time and its constant flow does wonders. Hold onto your aspirations, there is no reason that they will not get fulfilled.

Best wishes.

Bad new guys ...... even I have to go out town on 23/24 , so I will be missing out as well, which I do not want to :sad:. I see lots of other people missing as well. looks like 17th was the optimum date, anyway can we postpone another week, i.e 30/31. If we have a better attendance. just a though.....

Friends, I've reconfirmed with Dr Sanjeev Garg re the proposed meet at 2.30pm on Sunday, the 24th Jan at his home in Ghaziabad.
The meet is on so I've sms'd all Delhi audiophiles whose mob nos I know re Dr Gargs' address & mob no.
In case any audiophile who is able to make it has a nice camera, plz do bring it along to take good pics of the eqpt & of rhe get together so that it can be shared with forum members.
It is also suggested commitments to come be posted so that some tie ups for going together can be thought up, if poss.
Lets try our best to attend the meet;with the iconic vintage eqpt that Dr Garg has, this will be a special one.

Back