DELHI PRICE :- OLED LG G1 for 2.2L and SONY A80J 2.2L inclusive of 12500 HDFC CC cashback

you guys are getting amazing deals compare to Mumbai :eek:
I think you can as well, you gotta have a united front, that's how we got these quotes.

Or the dealers know that there are enough folks with deep pockets that they dont have to go as low to sell the TVs. I mean i am sure there is more to it, i am not an expert in Supply Chain or Sales.

You are right. It is psychology. They can't quote those unbelievable rates to the average customer who does not bargain. Where they average is from extremes in trade standard deviations.

I think you can as well, you gotta have a united front, that's how we got these quotes.

Or the dealers know that there are enough folks with deep pockets that they dont have to go as low to sell the TVs. I mean i am sure there is more to it, i am not an expert in Supply Chain or Sales.
Guess LG has crazy margins for dealers compare to Sony, are you getting quotes for just one unit or multiple unit?

Thanks.

I have bought a Sony A80J in the recent past and couldn't be happier. The other models like Sony 90J and LG G1 series are equally good. The differences are minimal and you wouldn't ever bother unless you see them side by side. I liked the Sony picture quality for movies especially the Netflix movies than LG models but again the differences are very minor. Although Sony A90J presentation is brighter compared to the other models and is supposedly the best OLED TV in 2021 but I liked the A80J presentation because too bright pictures sometimes wash out details. Enjoy your new OLED TV.

Getting G1 65 inch for 2 lac all offers inclusive in Bengaluru too ;)
Good job, bro.
Have always maintained it was possible to bring G1 down under 2L if we could convey some sincerity to the branch sales head that we'd put the money where our mouth is.
You have set the benchmark.
Am sure someone who plays it late might do better than this, but it will be because of your efforts! You really have set the bar!
Many congrats on your buy.
3-yr warranty? Sumaira was offering 5-year LG warranty at a slight premium in August....

There is one thing that I wanted to point out is the warranty of LG. For their top models like G1 series they have a 5 year warranty that covers screen burning issue. This is unique because no other TV manufacturers's warranty covers screen burning issue.

There is one thing that I wanted to point out is the warranty of LG. For their top models like G1 series they have a 5 year warranty that covers screen burning issue. This is unique because no other TV manufacturers's warranty covers screen burning issue.
Is this really true, Indranil? There's usually no warranty for burn-in, in my knowledge.
Will check back with Sumaira too, just in case.
Could you please confirm again from your seller, and update us here? [Edit: Just saw you are in the US. So, someone here will have to find out. But really thanks for the heads up]
And if they are indeed covering burn-in, what is the extra cost?
Will really be helpful for FMs here in this festival season.
Regards

EDIT:
Burn-ins not excluded in warranty conditions from what I see here:

If @Indranil Sen is right, and this applies in India, this is news. And a bonanza.
We just need to find out what the extra price for this is if it applies in India.

Last edited:
Is this really true, Indranil? There's usually no warranty for burn-in, in my knowledge.
Will check back with Sumaira too, just in case.
Could you please confirm again from your seller, and update us here? [Edit: Just saw you are in the US. So, someone here will have to find out. But really thanks for the heads up]
And if they are indeed covering burn-in, what is the extra cost?
Will really be helpful for FMs here in this festival season.
Regards

EDIT:
Burn-ins not excluded in warranty conditions from what I see here:

If @Indranil Sen is right, and this applies in India, this is news. And a bonanza.
We just need to find out what the extra price for this is if it applies in India.
Hello k-pad,
Yes I do live in the US and here is the US version of the LG Warranty.
https://www.lg.com/us/PDF/US_Final_warranty_card_210506-G1.pdf
Like UK version it does not talk about or exclude burn-in defect what other TV warranties almost always do in their warranties. Besides they are providing a 5Yr warranty on the display screen which is also a very good value. Because the burn-in issue has not been specifically mentioned in the warranty here in the US the running assumption is that it would be covered by LG. Although nobody knows what/how LG would handle such a case if it were to happen in the future. But this is the best warranty that we have on a TV/Display screen where the burn-in can happen at-least theoretically.

Thats not for India, thats for US only :)

P.S. Oh NRI bhai xD, Ok your comment makes sense now.

On another note, the dealer who is quoting 2 lac for G1 is willing to give it in writing with showroom seal that burn in will be covered, not sure if he will actually do that when i book one, but at least verbally that's the information i got from him.

Thats not for India, thats for US only :)

P.S. Oh NRI bhai xD, Ok your comment makes sense now.

On another note, the dealer who is quoting 2 lac for G1 is willing to give it in writing with showroom seal that burn in will be covered, not sure if he will actually do that when i book one, but at least verbally that's the information i got from him.
The burn-in is not a big deal unless you put a static screen for several hours or just watch one TV programme with fixed logos days after days after days. As long as you changing contents and not displaying a static picture for several hours you don't have to worry about burn-in...

Good job, bro.
Have always maintained it was possible to bring G1 down under 2L if we could convey some sincerity to the branch sales head that we'd put the money where our mouth is.
You have set the benchmark.
Am sure someone who plays it late might do better than this, but it will be because of your efforts! You really have set the bar!
Many congrats on your buy.
3-yr warranty? Sumaira was offering 5-year LG warranty at a slight premium in August....
The offers included in that 2 lac are :
3 years warranty
1 year Insurance
2k IPL off
12-13k Cashback

For the additional 2 years warranty you have to pay 35k extra. Anyhow i am gonna book my TV tomorrow and try one last round of negotiation, lets see what i end up with.

Although 2 lac itself is a pretty good deal for the G1 considering C1 65 is barely 15-20k cheaper than G1 65.

3 years warranty
1 year Insurance
2k IPL off
12-13k Cashback

For the additional 2 years warranty you have to pay 35k extra. Anyhow i am gonna book my TV tomorrow and try one last round of negotiation, lets see what i end up with.

Although 2 lac itself is a pretty good deal for the G1 considering C1 65 is barely 15-20k cheaper than G1 65.
Wishing you the best, bro.
As I said, the best damn deal I have seen in this forum/heard in real world.
And *you are setting the baseline* from today till Diwali.
Just a couple of quick Qs and points:
1. who is the insurer for the 1-yr plan?
2. The 35K for additional two yrs over three is a personal choice. I personally would take it. It is a cost, yes, but I guess fourth and fifth year will be most important in warranty cover for products like these unless we are trading them in within 3 yrs.
3. If you are mounting it on wall, best deal, bro!
Please keep us posted on your journey.

LG OLED models are best for gaming. All HDMI ports of LG OLED TV models support version 2.1 and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. So if you intend to use the TV for gaming as well LG is a no brainer.

3 years warranty
1 year Insurance
2k IPL off
12-13k Cashback

35K is insane amount to pay for 2 year extended warranty. After depreciation at 3 years, the value of the TV would be at best 1 lakh. This is almost 35% of that. Moreover, if the TV physically breaks, that warranty is completely useless. I would never buy an extended warranty that is so expensive. This TV would probably be around 1.5 lakh new in 3 years time.

3 years warranty
1 year Insurance
2k IPL off
12-13k Cashback

This is a crazy deal... try for LG Tone FN6 to be included.... Also what about the HT system...?

LG OLED models are best for gaming. All HDMI ports of LG OLED TV models support version 2.1 and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. So if you intend to use the TV for gaming as well LG is a no brainer.
How many teenagers are going to buy TVs worth 2 lakhs in India ?
For all this gaming talk , most of the content viewed on tv is ott and cable tv.
Buy lg because its oled is excellent and cheaper than sony.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back