DELHI PRICE :- OLED LG G1 for 2.2L and SONY A80J 2.2L inclusive of 12500 HDFC CC cashback

How many teenagers are going to buy TVs worth 2 lakhs in India ?
For all this gaming talk , most of the content viewed on tv is ott and cable tv.
Buy lg because its oled is excellent and cheaper than sony.
That's a very controversial take mate :)
1) Lots of teenagers who are into tech with dads with deep pockets
2) Lot of NES generation gamers still carrying on the tradition

Last edited:
This is a crazy deal... try for LG Tone FN6 to be included.... Also what about the HT system...?
At the prices i am getting the TV at those things are forgone !
Moreover i don't care for a mediocre to bad HT system which i just end up not using or selling(i know that a good deal too) but i guess that's only possible if you buy the TVs at a certain price where these dealers have enough margin to shove in all these freebies(As opposed to popular belief, any freebies you get aren't freebies, you are paying for it without even knowing about it)

On another note if i misinterpreted your comment and you were asking about my HT system, well its good quality, but its not an HT system, its a 2.1 system :
1) 2 x Mackie MR524 powered monitors
2) 1 x Mackie MRS10 powered sub

This system is fed by Topping D50 DAC, which gets the audio in via an Optical(TOSLINK) cable.

Got lg g1 65 inch for 2.22L from croma....after cashback....and free lg tone fn5u...seems i didn't got a good deal.....although other lg stores were quoting very high

Got lg g1 65 inch for 2.22L from croma....after cashback....and free lg tone fn5u...seems i didn't got a good deal.....although other lg stores were quoting very high
Congratulations Priyesh!!! Now if you are serious about getting the best out of your TV then you might consider following.
1. After the TV settles down for 100 hrs or so calibrate it with Spears and Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark calibration disk.
2. Use really good quality HDMI cables and it makes a big difference in the picture quality. I use Audioquest Vodka 48 HDMI cable and it is quite good.
3. If the TV allows using a separate power cable which it should then get an aftermarket power cable based on your budget. You don't have to spend crazy money on the power cable as some of us do in the 2 channel audio but the stock power cable that comes with the TV needs to be replaced. I use an entry level Nordost Blue Heaven power cable for my A80J but any good quality power cable would work
4. I don't know the power situation at your end but having a good quality AC power supply helps any electronics in your A/V chain.

You don't have to do all these upgrades at once. If you take care of the AC power cable and the HDMI cables then you would be off to a great start.
Again enjoy your new LG OLED 4K G1 TV which is one of the best OLED models in 2021.

Congratulations Priyesh!!! Now if you are serious about getting the best out of your TV then you might consider following.
1. After the TV settles down for 100 hrs or so calibrate it with Spears and Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark calibration disk.
2. Use really good quality HDMI cables and it makes a big difference in the picture quality. I use Audioquest Vodka 48 HDMI cable and it is quite good.
3. If the TV allows using a separate power cable which it should then get an aftermarket power cable based on your budget. You don't have to spend crazy money on the power cable as some of us do in the 2 channel audio but the stock power cable that comes with the TV needs to be replaced. I use an entry level Nordost Blue Heaven power cable for my A80J but any good quality power cable would work
4. I don't know the power situation at your end but having a good quality AC power supply helps any electronics in your A/V chain.

You don't have to do all these upgrades at once. If you take care of the AC power cable and the HDMI cables then you would be off to a great start.
Again enjoy your new LG OLED 4K G1 TV which is one of the best OLED models in 2021.
Thanks for the suggestion.....but I dont think we get these calibration disk/hdmi cables in India. Also as far as I know lg g1 power cable is fixed from the tv. On calibration...does some one provide professional calibration service in gurgaon/ncr india?

It is a good deal. @insane79 - this might intrigue you as Croma can deliver pan India if one of their outlets offer you a price that's good, you could freeze that price and have them deliver it to your location too.

How many teenagers are going to buy TVs worth 2 lakhs in India ?
For all this gaming talk , most of the content viewed on tv is ott and cable tv.
Buy lg because its oled is excellent and cheaper than sony.
Most of the best games out there today are not even supposed to be played by teenagers (of course, a lot of them do play them because their parents don't bother learning about their kid's activities and just indulge them) so, no, that's a false assumption.

Most of the best games out there today are not even supposed to be played by teenagers (of course, a lot of them do play them because their parents don't bother learning about their kid's activities and just indulge them) so, no, that's a false assumption.
I will try to set up a poll. Might be illuminating either way.

God of War for instance has problem solving tasks and so such games may be good to children (my opinion). But games such GTA is a big no. Parental guidance is the key. My children who were born in 2010 have the ability to study while they have to and play while they have to. They are sometimes let to play alone by themselves too when they immerse into games such as Just Cause. 12 year old kids become grand masters in chess these days. Human evolution in a way.

God of War for instance has problem solving tasks and so such games may be good to children (my opinion). But games such GTA is a big no. Parental guidance is the key. My children who were born in 2010 have the ability to study while they have to and play while they have to. They are sometimes let to play alone by themselves too when they immerse into games such as Just Cause. 12 year old kids become grand masters in chess these days. Human evolution in a way.
The latest God of War maybe, but the earlier ones definitely not. Most of the Call of Duty, Battlefield games are inappropriate for kids too, but sadly the scene is dominated by 12 year Olds who curse like sailors online. Anyways as part of a generation who grew up gaming, I see so many folks my age (40+) playing games which was my point that gaming isn't a pastime for teenagers. This is a tired stereotype because the teenagers who it's based on are now 40+ :)
Gaming is one of the best ways to de-stress after a hard, long week at work, IMO.

G1 is without sound-bar

Hard bargain at Vijay Sales, the sales person was pushing for Sony A80J

Showed me an invoice for A80J at 2.5L invoiced last Sunday.

A frd who is a geek into televisions claims that prices will touch near 2L or less

Reliance Digital gave up and said they cannot match the pricing and claimed that VS has given me the best pricing!

Both VS and RD claimed that prices will go up in next one week and Diwali offers are already out which is nothing more than extended warranty of 3 years.

I am getting a GX demo piece for 1.8L... any guidance on how to check for the run time will be appreciated. Also is the price a good bargain??
Same for me Vijay Sales pushing for A90J while Reliance Digital for LG G1

The latest God of War maybe, but the earlier ones definitely not. Most of the Call of Duty, Battlefield games are inappropriate for kids too, but sadly the scene is dominated by 12 year Olds who curse like sailors online. Anyways as part of a generation who grew up gaming, I see so many folks my age (40+) playing games which was my point that gaming isn't a pastime for teenagers. This is a tired stereotype because the teenagers who it's based on are now 40+ :)
Gaming is one of the best ways to de-stress after a hard, long week at work, IMO.
I feel useless and old as I only play chess at 42. Joysticks are like wands that don't match this wizard to me!

So what's on , on your oled tv %ge wise ?
Should include everyone in your house , not just you .
Gaming -
Ott-
Cable -

Picked up the A80J at 2.2L (incl 15,000 CB, no freebies, mandatory 6-month CC EMI plan) today.

Negotiations at multiple places had bottomed out at this price for two days, and no place was able to do better. So decided to take the plunge after sleeping over it.

Would like to thank all the FMs here who had first flagged that Sony was getting quite aggressive on pricing this year. Five months ago, I had not even bothered researching the Sonys as the prices were way too high.

Special thanks to @Jayaesh1 bhai for sharing his hands-on experience of how he found the XR processing superior. That led to a lot of side-by-side viewings, where I clearly liked the Sony's processing.

Having said that, during the multiple sessions, one thing I did clearly notice was that the C1 does get brighter in well-light environments, and some may even find the motion smoothing settings better on the C1. But playing around with the A80J settings did bring it on par. Also, in Sony's favour, at similar settings, I found that facial skin tone was far more superior, which made almost all kind of content realistic to my eyes.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back