Delhi - where to buy (also, what to buy)

arjs_1

Hi Guys,

I have a Sonodyne SC3100(really old ;-) ) Amplifier with a Phillips Tape Deck and Phillips (Magnetic needle) Turntable; speakers - Woodstock. Love the sound of it. The system is 20yrs old and still plays beautifully. However now, looking to change the amp.

Looking to buy a new 2 channel amplifier within Rs 25K. I have read through the forum and it seems the my options (not necessarily within this price range ) are Nad, Rotel, Marantz, Creek, Norge, Cambridge, Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha

1. Would be great if someone could please let me know which company's amplifier I might be able to afford within my budget. I know for sure Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon have atleast one model within this range.

2. More IMPORTANTLY - PLEASE let me know where in Delhi I can go and listen to these. I have already gone to the Onkyo showroom and Rythym Corner(South Ex). Rythym corner only has Denon and Yamaha.

I have searched through the forum, but have only found sketchy links to placed in Delhi. Help on names of shops/locations would be super-awesomely helpful !!

Thanks a lot in advance, and I hope to be an active member of this forum after this first post of mine :)

cheers

Hi Guys,

I have a Sonodyne SC3100(really old ;-) ) Amplifier with a Phillips Tape Deck and Phillips (Magnetic needle) Turntable; speakers - Woodstock. Love the sound of it. The system is 20yrs old and still plays beautifully. However now, looking to change the amp.

Looking to buy a new 2 channel amplifier within Rs 25K. I have read through the forum and it seems the my options (not necessarily within this price range ) are Nad, Rotel, Marantz, Creek, Norge, Cambridge, Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha

1. Would be great if someone could please let me know which company's amplifier I might be able to afford within my budget. I know for sure Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon have atleast one model within this range.

2. More IMPORTANTLY - PLEASE let me know where in Delhi I can go and listen to these. I have already gone to the Onkyo showroom and Rythym Corner(South Ex). Rythym corner only has Denon and Yamaha.

I have searched through the forum, but have only found sketchy links to placed in Delhi. Help on names of shops/locations would be super-awesomely helpful !!

Thanks a lot in advance, and I hope to be an active member of this forum after this first post of mine :)

cheers

Here are a few dealers I've gathered and hope Delhi members can update with prices, customer experience and best deals.

. Dali, Focal, Polk audio, Denon
M/s. Sight and Sound India
D12/4, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-II,
New Delhi-110 020
Contact No: 011 41414100 / Tanuj: 09810339238
Sight & Sound India:
Dali/ Mordaunt Short/ Boston Acoustics/ Nakamichi - Pro Acoustics(Sharda group co), Khan Market, New Delhi / Mr. Victor
Sound n image - dali, polk
Mordaunt Short / B&W - A2V, Select Citywalk Mall, Saket, New Delhi
KEF - ProFX (Gurgaon?)
Cambridge Audio, Yamaha, Denon- Rhythm Corner (South Extension)
Gizmo World - Dealer - JBL Showroom, HK amps, Yusuf Sarai Road Audio / Video Accessories / Players / etc...
For Tannoy/ Krell/ Velodyne- Acoustic Arts PVT.LTD, E385 GK II, New Delhi-110048. Meet Mr Sunny- m:9810072060
Marantz/ Denon / Wharfdale/ Quad - Bass 'n' Treble, F-6 Sector-5 Dwarka, New Delhi, Tel: 011-45509308, m: 9999016124 are available in Sector 5 (on 1st Floor above Ahuja Properties, next to Nokia care center) meet mr. Denny
Tube amps/ Single driver speakers- Lyrita Audio, L- 458 Sarita Vihar, New Delhi- 110076, 91- 41401143, http://www.lyrita-audio.in/

Kindest regards

Last edited:
Following the post above, my 2 cents on experience with delhi dealers so far:

The staff at A2V (saket) is neither helpful nor very knowledgeable if you're on a budget. They are interested primarily in someone who can spend typically 50k+ for speakers.

Denny has been helpful (and will return calls) even though i've never visited him - just spoke on phone regarding some advice.

Gizmo World, sector 18, Noida - stocks marantz, denon, HK, Jamo, JBL, etc and has very helpful staff (Vinod rana) - reasonably knowledgeable too. You can listen at peace.

Last edited:
For Cambridge Audio you could visit their Distributers for India M/s FX Entertainment, they are located in CR park and their address is
40/46, CR Park,
New Delhi 110 019,
India
Telephone: +91 11 40507113 - 40507114
Fax: + 91 11 40507112

take the demo of all CA products there but don't buy from them because being the distributers they are not suppose to offer much discounts on their products whereas from a dealer of the same you could expect a discount of 15 to 20%. M/S Trinity Sound and Vision is also their dealer and Mr. Sandeep jain is known to me, he is based in Rajouri Garden, give him my reference, Get in touch with him on 9810610306 , 9818355422.

Awesome guys!! Thanks for these inputs!!
I will be auditioning these amps this weekend and will post of my findings.

Could anyone suggest if there is any make I should eliminate within my list, which might not have any model within 25K ? Will just make the shopping easier.

Also, I plan to replace my speakers and buy new ones a few months down the line. Am keen for floorstanders, ones I have heard and liked are Sonodyne, Rythym corner selling them for 28K.
By any chance I can get floorstanders for less than this? (Heard Boston Acoustics is cheap?)

(I am looking at an overall 2 channel system, approx 50-80W per channel and not more.)

Thanks again!

Cheers

Guys, am still in the process of auditioning and finding the right amp for my taste - will post my experiences in detail once I am a bit more decided :D
On the dealers front in Delhi, I can share my experience till now:

1. Gizmo World Sec 18 Noida : 5/5 in service orientation and helpful attitude, 3/5 in variety, 4.5/5 in prices (some really *great* discounts there)

2. ProAcoustics Khan market: 4/5 in attitude, 4/5 in variety (they have cool Boston Acoustics stuff), 3/5 in prices

3. Onkyo, CR park: 1.5/5 in attitude, 2/5 in variety and 2/5 in prices

4. Rythym Corner South Extension: 3.5/5 in attitude, 4/5 in variety, 3.5/5 in prices

Will post more in detail a bit later, but I hope you all get a general sense of my feedback on these dealers.

Another note - I had planned to go to Fx entertainment in CR park, but reading the -ve reviews about their helpful attitude on this forum, I decided to not go there.
Buying with patience and pleasure is part of the process I believe ! :)

cheers

Following the post above, my 2 cents on experience with delhi dealers so far:

The staff at A2V (saket) is neither helpful nor very knowledgeable if you're on a budget. They are interested primarily in someone who can spend typically 50k+ for speakers.

Denny has been helpful (and will return calls) even though i've never visited him - just spoke on phone regarding some advice.

Gizmo World, sector 18, Noida - stocks marantz, denon, HK, Jamo, JBL, etc and has very helpful staff (Vinod rana) - reasonably knowledgeable too. You can listen at peace.

A2V seems to have shut down the Saket store.

if youre looking at a 2 channel amp imo stick to nad / cambridge / marantz. listen to it on your speakers before you make the purchase. pairing is very importanta

Please check out Lakozy at Lajpat Nagar who stock the entire NAD and PSB range of amplifiers and speakers....they are based at A-70, Lajpat Nagar -1 ....Contact Ashish Kesarwani @ 9910041260, a member on the forum for the location details...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back