Demagnetizers

Hello Members,

This is my first post on the forum. I recently purchased a use Sony TC-WR745S from on of the member's Selvin from Bangalore (I am just guessing he is the same person). I also own a Sony G-880 Mini Hi-fi System. I am looking for a Tape head demagnetizer. Can anyone guide me where I can get one in Pune? Well beggars are not choosers, but I would still like to have a battery powered Cassette type demagnetizer. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ashutosh.

I now remember that I had bought a cassete type demagnetiser . It ran on a button cell. Must have lost it while shifting as I don't use a tape deck anymore.
But you can make a demagnetiser using a mains operated coil. That might be around. I'll look for it. It worked very well.

I got the Tape Head Demagnetizer!!! I sincerely thank Pradeep Sir who gave away the one he owned, to me. He invited me to his home and what a humble man he is. We had a long interesting conversation on various things. It was a very pleasant experience. I once again thank him.

I recently bought Nakamichi BX2 in non working condition. One of the belts is broken and I have found a replacement belt in SP road. I am a proud owner of NAK. I know its a very low end model but sounds better than the decks I have seen in my life so far. But, I feel that there is a roll off in the highs while playing back and recording is really really poor. I thought may be the head needs to be demagnetised. I am looking for some one who can help me with demagnetising the head in Bangalore. Kindly advice. I will bring my deck to your place.

Thank you!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back