Demo of Sony 55 x8500f/x9000f/Af8(side by side comparison) on Reliance digital

homur

Hi friends,
I thought its good to share my experience with FMs here about my recent demo of Sony X9000f/8500f/AF8. I believe it'll give some inputs on your purchasing factors. Lets jump into this. I'm located in Madurai, its in south tamilnadu.

Yesterday, I've visited Reliance digital to check if there are any stock left on X9000e/9300e. I did not plan for any extensive demo, Coz i didn't have any test clips handy. It was just casual walk-in. But unfortunately, they had none. Even they don't have any stock on A1E.
However, i could able to spend some significant time with X9000f/8500f/AF8 side by side comparison. The salesperson on the floor was very informative and polite to me on showing various 4k/ HD clips whenever i ask. Before starting the demo, I've asked him to set the Picture mode to "Cinema Home". So that i can observe the real color reproduction and visual details.

First, I've compared 55 X9000f and 55 x8500f . As expected the X9000f have more detailed and brighter picture than x8500f. Even it has the good upscaling of hd contents. The difference its not day and night though. Importantly it has significant improvements(colors, details and brightness/blacklevels) over x8500f. However, X8500f won't be equal to x9000e either. Coz, i've seen the x9000e already, it had better color reproduction and details than x8500f. Winner : X9000f.

Second, 55 X9000f and 55 Af8, I'm very surprised to say this. Its very tough to call which one is winner here. One of the main reason, the demo floor was very bright. Its not favorable to an OLED tv. Even in the bright room, the AF8 hold its own against the 1000 nits x9000f. The x9000f was better in terms of brightness and visual details. The builtin speakers are decent and can't be compared with AF8 speakers. Definitely you will need some soundbars/speakers to compliment the picture quality. Viewing angles are not bad either in x9000f. I couldn't see any blooming, even though when i see the demo of fire crackers in the sky. Might be because of the bright lid floor i believe. Blacks are very inky, but not close to AF8 level. Its more than what i need for the price. I wish i could ask them to turn off the light on the floor ;), I knew i they wouldn't do. Else the match would be fair and AF8 would be winner.

To my eyes the x9000f was very pleasing at that time. This is only my perspective. However, My heart still goes behind the X9300e over the x9000f. Its picture clarity, black levels and contrast are close to OLED tv .

For normal/bright lid room : Winner : 55 X9000f
Low light room/ night time viewing : Winner : 55 AF8.

They offered me 55 X9000f at 1.57L and Af8 at ~2.2L(couldn't recall) /2yr warranty without any negotiation. There are no freebies.

Last edited:
Thanks for your review. It would be great if you share your location/city. Last time I was offered 55X900F at 1.8lac from sony World Store, Noida. and at reliancedigital.in, it shows approx 2.3lac

Thanks for your review. It would be great if you share your location/city. Last time I was offered 55X900F at 1.8lac from sony World Store, Noida. and at reliancedigital.in, it shows approx 2.3lac

Madurai, Tamilnadu. Its mentioned in the OP :).
Is 2.3L is the offered price or the tag price.? Coz, Even i checked the tag price on the display, it was priced bit higher, similar to urs. But when i checked with salesman, he done some discount calculation and came up with final price.
FYI, I just queried the price, not even demand any discount on that.

1.8L is a bit steep price for a 55 X9000F. Better wait for upcoming festive offers. We might get some price cut and also some freebies too. Fingers crossed :)

Homur nice review.Today, I have visited Reliance digital Bangalore -phoenix mall with same intention. I too agree with ur observations.
I told store person to put HD channels on Sony A8F 55 inches .Nearing to 4 or 6 feet SONY A8F exhibited lot of ghosting on HD channels,
as we move beyond 8 or 10 feet same content looks awesome.But ghosting is not visible for 4k original content at 4 or 6 feet.
I have storngly felt that OLED tvs are not better for normal REGULAR SD OR HD content. But sony x9000f was performing better for HD channels,even better than A8F.
Anybody who is interested to buy OLED please have demo with HD Channels as it is going to be used for 70 to 80% of our daily viewing .
We have only four 4k channels in India other than Netflix or Youtube .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_4K_channels_in_India.
So I felt it is better to invest in 55 inch x9000f ,but quote was 1.8 lakh ,55 INCH SONY A8F 2.2 LAKH ,Good news was LG C8 for 1.75 lakh+1 emi free from bajaj finance+2500 cash back from HDFC.
Still OLED costs huge with no much satisfaction on normal HD content.To enjoy OLED we must have Original 4k ultra hd content.
Question is, do we have 4K ULTRA CONTENT to enjoy OLED & 4k UHD TV features like True black levels, DOLBY VISION,HDR 10, ALD etc?How many of us can afford original 4k ultra hd Blu-ray titles to enjoy OLED or 4k UHD features?
Let us share our views.

@sachin.shiva Completely agree with you. I'll pick the x9000f over AF8. For the price to performance ratio, x9000f would be the clear winner.
Moreover you dont have to worry about getting burn in issue.
I've watched all my demo contents about ~7 feet from the screen. Coz, thats close to my usual viewing position(8-9 feet) at my home.

Btw, Did they have any x9000e/9300e left. ?Just curious:)

Question is, do we have 4K ULTRA CONTENT to enjoy OLED & 4k UHD TV features like True black levels, DOLBY VISION,HDR 10, ALD etc?How many of us can afford original 4k ultra hd Blu-ray titles to enjoy OLED or 4k UHD features?
Let us share our views.

If I can afford an OLED, u surely can afford 4K Blu-ray I’m sure.

Bought the 55x9000f today from reliance digital bangaore for 1.27L + 6k cashback on hdfc card. Picture quality is far better than the x75 or 85 series

Nice review Humor. I suggest you have a look at Panasonic 2018 Oleds. No ghosting. Good motion. Good scaling of lower frame content on youtube. Rec2020 color remastering feature on it for hdmi sources hits sonys, lgs and leds out of the park.

Nice review Humor. I suggest you have a look at Panasonic 2018 Oleds. No ghosting. Good motion. Good scaling of lower frame content on youtube. Rec2020 color remastering feature on it for hdmi sources hits sonys, lgs and leds out of the park.
Thank you @Dirac. I've already bought Sony 55 x9000f and i'm loving it everyday. Anyway Panasonic oleds are out of my budget.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back