Denafrips Terminator + Chord Hugo M Scaler

Hi, does anyone here have experience with this pairing? I have both pieces of gear on the way and wanted to know what they might sound like together (linked by BNC and the optical cable). Many thanks.

It took four months, but the Terminator eventually found its way to Mumbai. I ordered a BNC cable from AudioArt to pair it with the M Scaler, and also switched to a 2018 MacMini with a slightly more capacious RAM; running Audirvana. With the Terminator's NOS turned on, and the M Scaler set to Blue (High); the DAC doesn't accept an input from White (Max) when Audirvana has its upsampling setting at X2 (I haven't yet listened to the chain with Audirvana's upsampling turned off), the Terminator is easily the most resolving, incisive, open-spaced DAC I've ever heard. It digs deep, and earnestly so, for details, and having done so, presents its findings with no judgement, and on a large canvas. Nothing is added or removed. I've ordered an AudioArt Power 1 eCryo to replace the Sound Foundations power cable I'm using to light up the Terminator. I have a feeling things will improve significantly when it arrives.

I should add that a set of IsoAcoustics Gaia II feet I procured for my B&Ws have transformed the bass response of the speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back