Denon 1200W Vs Marantz NR1606

even i'm debating diff brands. so in my research came across the following thread which is an interesting read where the user did an A/B with denon & marantz AT HOME which we dont have the luxury of doing

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re.../2286082-denon-avr-x2200w-marantz-nr1606.html

here's the conclusion from that thread

For music I would pick the NR1606. The extra power in the low frequency adds a sort of "fullness" to the sound picture that I would prefer over the AVR-X2200W. For movies, however, I would pick the AVR-X2200W for the higher clarity.

2200 should have same sound sig as the 1200

marantz has audyssey bronze while denon has silver dont know how much difference that makes in real world since there are differing opinions on that

Last edited:
I'm using a Denon 1200 with a mishmash of speakers. While the front speakers are good ones the surrounds are low end. Still I find the output pretty decent for movies and music. My room is a little larger than yours but an acoustic nightmare! The only grouse I have is while the US version of 1200 has preout for zone 2 and optical inputs the Indian version does not have these. At higher volumes the sound tends to be a tad too bright for my taste.

I'm using a Denon 1200 with a mishmash of speakers. While the front speakers are good ones the surrounds are low end. Still I find the output pretty decent for movies and music. My room is a little larger than yours but an acoustic nightmare! The only grouse I have is while the US version of 1200 has preout for zone 2 and optical inputs the Indian version does not have these. At higher volumes the sound tends to be a tad too bright for my taste.

what?! is this true? i was looking at the manual of the denon 1200 & it mentions 2 optical inputs.

what?! is this true? i was looking at the manual of the denon 1200 & it mentions 2 optical inputs.

Denon x1200 does have Optical Inputs, but no Pre Outs. Check the below Amazon India link for Denon 1200

DENON AVR-X1200W

MaSh

Hands down your choice should be Marantz NR1606, as its future ready & has a very complete & punchy sound signature when compared to other receivers in its price range.

Glad to say even i have joined the Marantz family, ofcourse its a integrated amp :yahoo: & not receiver moved on from Denon :)

Hello FMs,

What is the best deal for Marantz NR1606.

Hifimart quotes it at 65K and ebay.in at 55K.

Any better deal else where?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back