Denon 1508 vs Marantz 3001

baburajs

Hello to all gurus out there,

How does these receivers fare when compared. Which is good in what and how are the pricing in Bangalore. Where will I get both these receivers in Bangalore at the cheapest price.

Awaiting your reply

Babu

Both of these receivers are entry level models of the respective companies. However, there is news that the 3001 is going to be phased out by Marantz. The 1508 is this year's model from Denon. If possible you can search for the 1507 model which you can save money on. The only difference would be the HDMI capability.

In general the Marantz is said to be more musical while the Denon is said to be more punchy and better for movies.

It also depends on what speakers you have zeroed in on and how they match with these receivers.

I have zeroed in with Jamo 606 speakers. There was a package with Sherwood receiver but I have decided I have nothing to do with Sherwood. So was looking for good receivers which will give good performance for both movies and music.

The Marantz is a very good receiver if you lean towards music more than the movies. However if it is the other way round, I would suggest the Denon.

Both are very capable amplifiers.

Hi!!!

I am using Marantz SR5001. It is awesome for music. Beats most of its rivals. But, it lacks the depth for Movies. But, it also depends on type of your speakers.

Sumit

The Marantz SR3001 is good entry level AVR for both HT & music. I liked it better than the Denon. The speakers tried were with Paradigm Cinema70, Cinema90 & Infinity Modulus2 (all the 3 are sub-sat combos) and one Infinity floorstander (dont remember the model).

Hello to all gurus out there,

How does these receivers fare when compared. Which is good in what and how are the pricing in Bangalore. Where will I get both these receivers in Bangalore at the cheapest price.

Awaiting your reply

Babu

Dear Babu

Can we know what is your actual use for the amplifier & stuff...

Is it movies, or it is Music...

The above posted stuff is all you need to decide...

And yes Denon 1507 is preffered as on cost factor something can be saved...

Actually both these amps would cost about the same. If you are looking at the Denon 1507 - that would be true.

The 1508 would be costlier though - that would be price paid just for the new HDMI 1.3 switcher.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back