Denon 1610 & Polk RM6750

sunyapu

Guys,

Getting Denon 1610 & Polk Audio RM6750 for a combo package of 47K (including Bill /warr ). Is it a good buy ?

Sepcs - RM6750 -
Overall Frequency Response 40Hz - 24kHz
Lower -3dB Limit 45Hz
Upper -3dB Limit 20kHz
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Recommended Amplifier Power 20 - 200 w/channel
Efficiency 89 dB
Active subwoofer

Don't need upscaling as I have Pio DVD (610) and BRAVIA V550 (Full HD)
Room size 16 x 11 , 60/40 (Movie/Music)

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
The rm6750 isnt worth the money. I've auditioned for them at pro fx Gurgaon and found them to have the same problems other polks combined to denon had, muddy fat sound lacking definition, denon's probably a brand too warm for polk.

There are many other options out there, just spend a couple of days taking time out and go and audition for them.

One thing I've learnt about polks, their written specs in the highs dont reveal their true nature. They may go as as high 24khz but the budget models from polk just dont deliver the kind of texture/transparency to make the expenditure enjoyable.

End of the day it's purely subjective / personal tastes.

Last edited:
One thing I've learnt about polks, their written specs in the highs dont reveal their true nature. They may go as as high 24khz but the budget models from polk just dont deliver the kind of texture/transparency to make the expenditure enjoyable.

I don't know why you have developed such a notion against Polks, I think that you really need to audition my setup to change your prospective against this Brand. I for one belive that Polks are the most underrated brand in our country and this I am saying from the point of view of a user and not as a dealer. I don't sell this brand but I really find it a VFM brand in terms of its Sound Quality. Polks are power hungry speakers and if fed with the right power ratio then they could really sing.

I for one belive that Polks are the most underrated brand in our country. I really find it a VFM brand in terms of its Sound Quality. Polks are power hungry speakers and if fed with the right power ratio then they could really sing.

+ 1 to the above mentioned points :).

I dont think that's an accurate assumption, if I had a negative perception towards polks, I wouldnt have bought a polk dsw pro 500. I didnt enjoy their highs and overall that killed it for me. My view is, regardless of what anyone else says, when one is in the market to "spend" ones expenditure needs to reflect what one "enjoys" without compromise in personal taste or rather in a preconfigured state.

I personally didn't "enjoy" polk speakers, even after an hour in the showroom driving the profx guys crazy trying to achieve something I felt reflected their price.
This applied from the RM series up to the RTI series, yet on the side there was a budget KEF C series set which totally took the cake for me in dynamic SQ.

I hope that clears stuff up cuz I am noone to say others wont enjoy x or y or z brand speakers.
Sound is very very subjective. If the op likes it, my suggestion to him is not to spend blindly as he may regret it.
He should go out and audition by his own accord. If he does not have the time nor interest then he wouldnt have taken the effort to make this post to receive a number of opinions in relation to his interest.

If our words drive him to investigate other products and suddenly finds something his brain's preconfigured state settles into - that itself is worth the aggregate of whatever negative or positive perspective/words we might have on/for any brand. Dont you think?

Last edited:
I dont think that's an accurate assumption, if I had a negative perception towards polks, I wouldnt have bought a polk dsw pro 500. I didnt enjoy their highs and overall that killed it for me. My view is, regardless of what anyone else says, when one is in the market to "spend" ones expenditure needs to reflect what one "enjoys" without compromise in personal taste or rather in a preconfigured state.

I personally didn't "enjoy" polk speakers, even after an hour in the showroom driving the profx guys crazy trying to achieve something I felt reflected their price.
This applied from the RM series up to the RTI series, yet on the side there was a budget KEF C series set which totally took the cake for me in dynamic SQ.

I hope that clears stuff up cuz I am noone to say others wont enjoy x or y or z brand speakers.
Sound is very very subjective. If the op likes it, my suggestion to him is not to spend blindly as he may regret it.
He should go out and audition by his own accord. If he does not have the time nor interest then he wouldnt have taken the effort to make this post to receive a number of opinions in relation to his interest.

If our words drive him to investigate other products and suddenly finds something his brain's preconfigured state settles into - that itself is worth the aggregate of whatever negative or positive perspective/words we might have on/for any brand. Dont you think?

Thanks & nice healthy discussion :)
When I auditioned Polk @ ProFX they sounded good even @ mid-range. I think for my room size of 16x11 ft they will be good enough. Now the question about the combo package of 47K. Is it good enough.

I will definately make it a point to audtion it with warfdale, KEF & Qacq

Last edited:
When I auditioned Polk @ ProFX they sounded good even @ mid-range. I think for my room size of 16x11 ft they will be good enough. Now the question about the combo package of 47K. Is it good enough.

Awesome! you can also check out cambridge audio and jamo :yahoo:

47K is an excellent price for the combo.

@ CorElement - Which amps do you think would go with the KEFs for a budget music set up say within 25k? Or even better what would your recos be for a budget music set up for music only?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back