• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Klipsch R-110SW sub for Polk Rti A7 with NAD 356

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers

Mayank Shah

Greetings,

I have a NAD 356 with Polk RTi A7. Planning to add a sub - Klipsch R-110SW. As you can see from the pic of the back of the sub, it has 2 inputs which I am thinking should be by using a 2 RCA cables from my NAD's Pre-out 1. (And that's where my technical understanding and inclination ends)

Klipsch Sub specs are attached.

Polk RTi A7 specs are:

Electrical - Efficiency 89 dB
Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit 35 Hz
Electrical - Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power 20-300 watts per channel
Electrical - Total Frequency Response 20Hz-27kHz
Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit 26 kHz
Electrical Crossover - Midbass/woofer<br>Crossover Frequency 125 Hz
Electrical Crossover - Tweeter/midrange<br>Crossover Frequency 2.7 kHz.

1. Will these be a good / compatible combo?
2. Since the NAD 356 has a pre-out 2, does this mean I can connect another sub?
3. Will a polk sub be more technically suited with the RTi A7?

Till I shift to a larger flat with a dedicated room for music, I have to keep the NAD and Polk in my 15 x 12 bedroom - which in itself is an overkill.
Since I am out of India now, I do not have the latest prices of the Klipsch R-110SW in Chennai. I have a few quotes for SVS / Paradigm etc., Looking for a sealed sub or one with a front port only.
On Ebay etc., the prices for the R-110SW vary from 52K to 57k. Though this is not what I have in mind, I am inclined towards Klipsch as I have heard them in my colleagues home abroad and was mighty impressed at its musicality.
I am not a bass head as they call it, and don't listen to electronic, rap, synthesized music etc., I mainly listen to music - rock, heavy metal, western classical etc., I would very much like to have an additional thump and reverb from a sub. Most of the technicalities regarding tuning a sub, cross over, cutoff, phase, frequency, octave etc., are above my head, so I am looking forward to the forum's expertise to guide me on a good sub for mainly for music. My planned budget is 50K.

Many thanks in advance for your time and efforts - highly appreciated.

Attachments

• Klipsch R-110Sw Back.jpg
    Klipsch R-110Sw Back.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 77
  • NAD back.jpg
    NAD back.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 80
  • R-110SW specs.pdf
    185.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

manniraj

You can use the RCA in of the sub to connect to the preouts of your NAD amp. But I think for a budget of 50k I would say a SVS/Velodyne subs will make a good investment. I think there are many FMs who are using these subs for music and are very happy. Try to audition if you can before purchasing.

Upvote 0

Mayank Shah

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. Got a quote of 58K for the Klipsch R-110SW from Cinbels Chennai today. I read a lot about the SVS / Velodyne from other FM's. Will check it out once I am back in Chennai.

Upvote 0