Denon 1909 needs an upgrade

umeshdhingra

I have been watching blu ray movies on my existing setup of Denon 1909,Sony BDP 370,Dali ikon 6series floor standers.however with the recent addition of Samsung 64 inch plasma (E8000 series), I am now tempted to upgrade my AV amp either to Marantz 6007 or Denon 1913 or Denon 3312 .

Before I do the demo,I wanted to have some feedback from fellow members that for my room of 14 feet by 14 feet,which AV amplifier of he models mentioned above would be suitable.

Since my budget is Rs 75000, I am even open to other models suggestions.
This AVR would be mainly used for movies,sometimes music or radio stations.
In next few months I might even plan to all a 3D blu ray player,
Looking forward to inputs.thanks

Yes Denon 1909 does HD audio,but I thought of refining the sound further by going for an. Upgrade.
However if quite a few fellow members do suggest for no visibly upgrade,I will remain with Denon 1909.
Cheers and thanks

Speakers ultimately produce the sound. Move from 1909 to 1913 may not be that much of an upgrade. Are you really that unsatisfied with 1909? The only thing I think that you miss out on is 3D compatibility with HDMI 1.4 with ARC.

Why not see a power amplifier upgrade by adding a Power Amplifier, so all the money will be invested in amplification only?

This is assuming that this AVR has 5.1/7.1 outs.

Vinod

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back