Denon 1910 - Amazing Value!!!!

Any other negatives besides the power (the lack of it), 5.1 and the upscale only to 480p for the Denon 1610?

What is the best price that I can get for this - 29.9k is what Profx quoted?

When I compared Profx price with grey,I found lot difference.
ie.few yrs back Denon1706 was available for 28k @ profx Mumbai & @ grey for 18k around.
Power is only the prob with 1610 as if you upgrade better spk in future,you may find lack of power as I get with my basic ONK330AVR & upgraded
Tany F1.

Proper 50 watts per channel ( all 7 channels driven at full band-width) is a lot of power.
I am sure most AVRs cannot do this. Even the ones that come with a 200 watts x 7 shiny silver sticker. It is all hog-wash :D

Proper 50 watts per channel ( all 7 channels driven at full band-width) is a lot of power.
I am sure most AVRs cannot do this. Even the ones that come with a 200 watts x 7 shiny silver sticker. It is all hog-wash :D

50w /ch for 7ch can be less for average room & full range spk.I can say this as my AVR(360w 5.1amplification ,not 5ch)pumps only 60w/ch & I always feel some power less with Tannoy spk.If you connect 1610 with KEF3005 or MS or spk with higher sensitivity spk,it can be best.

Last edited:
I am having Pioneer VSX-LX60 receiver and Jamo S-506 speakers. The sub is SUB-250. My issue is, I am not able to get good permormance from my setup.

The receiver volume starts from -80 to +15. While watching movies, i have to set the volume to -10 to get the normal permormance from speakers.

Does anyone knows how to get the most out of LX60? Also, any performance comparison between other receivers and Pioneer?

Thanks,
Sudhish.

I am not sure if the link that you gave was from my reference. It worked for me when I checked it now (the link from my reply). Anyway I have copied the actual URL from the link and included it below. In case its still giving problems, right click the link ... see properties... and copy the URL from there and paste it into a new IE/Firefox window and viola... :)

Denon AVR-1610 Home theater receiver with HDMI switching at Crutchfield.com

Last edited:
When I compared Profx price with grey,I found lot difference.
ie.few yrs back Denon1706 was available for 28k @ profx Mumbai & @ grey for 18k around.
Power is only the prob with 1610 as if you upgrade better spk in future,you may find lack of power as I get with my basic ONK330AVR & upgraded
Tany F1.

Thanks spirovious... but what do you do... you dont want to pick something from the grey coz you dont know if they have fiddled around with it... and if something goes bust during your initial high days after buying one... but interesting to know that there is a difference of over 30%... which i suppose is due to the customs duty.

I am not sure if the link that you gave was from my reference. It worked for me when I checked it now (the link from my reply). Anyway I have copied the actual URL from the link and included it below. In case its still giving problems, right click the link ... see properties... and copy the URL from there and paste it into a new IE/Firefox window and viola... :)

Denon AVR-1610 Home theater receiver with HDMI switching at Crutchfield.com

Yes I said abt this link,but it doesnt have rev.Higher model has single rv.
It is detailed discription.By the way thanks.

I dont think 1910 is THX certify, but uses Auddissy set up prepared by THX standards.

The 1610 broucher states 75W (8 ohms, 20 Hz- 20KHz, THD 0.08 %) and 110 (6 ohms, 1 KHz, THD 0.7 %) for all 5 spkrs.

Does this mean if I connect speakers with 6 ohms I will get more o/p ?
What should I opt for 6 or 8 ohms ?

Unless you have a sound-proof room and blast your set at full volumes, go for speakers that you like (6 or 8ohms) without bothering about the impedance. For normal use, with a decent AVR (1610), 6 or 8ohms will not make a difference.

Today I had the opportunity to listen to the Denon 1910 for about 30 minutes. It was connected to a Q-Acoustics 1010i pair and then a pair of floor standing AE Neo 3s. I also did a quick AB comparison with a Arcam AVR280 using the same speakers and an Oppo DVD Player. I played some music first and then a few scenes from movies such as Kill Bill Vol 1.

The Denon sounded thin and harsh for both movies and music. It does not seem to have either the detail of the Arcam (not expected) nor the power and punch of the Yamaha 663. I have been hearing a lot of people say the Denons are good for music. If that is true, the 1910 certainly does not reflect that understanding.

I have a sad feeling this year's mid priced AVRs are all going to be disappointing. The reviews for the Yamaha 665 is not good, and the Denon is disappointing. I have yet to understand where Onkyo's new models stand.

Cheers

Today I had the opportunity to listen to the Denon 1910 for about 30 minutes. It was connected to a Q-Acoustics 1010i pair and then a pair of floor standing AE Neo 3s. I also did a quick AB comparison with a Arcam AVR280 using the same speakers and an Oppo DVD Player. I played some music first and then a few scenes from movies such as Kill Bill Vol 1.

The Denon sounded thin and harsh for both movies and music. It does not seem to have either the detail of the Arcam (not expected) nor the power and punch of the Yamaha 663. I have been hearing a lot of people say the Denons are good for music. If that is true, the 1910 certainly does not reflect that understanding.

I have a sad feeling this year's mid priced AVRs are all going to be disappointing. The reviews for the Yamaha 665 is not good, and the Denon is disappointing. I have yet to understand where Onkyo's new models stand.

Cheers

Sad to know, I was planning to upgrade to this.

Does anybody else have some good first hand accounts of this AVR, I am going to audition this over the weekend.

Thanks,So finally you adimitted that Denon sounds Harsh.(as I mentioned that in my very early posts):lol:

My apologies Spiro. I heard the Denon only yesterday. I am not sure of the previous models had the same issue. Also, yesterday I had the option for the first time to switch between two AVRs quickly and listen to the same song/movie scene on both.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back