Denon 1910 - Amazing Value!!!!

Thanks Venkat sir for your feedback on the need AVR line up's.

I feel the likes of Denon/Onkyo/Yamaha are losing focus on what AVR is primarily suppose to do and focus more on the so called future features which hardly many use . And even those features(like upscaling,etc) are not worth mentioning at the entry/mid level.

In this mad race, I would appreciate brands like NAD,ARCAM,CA ,ROTEL etc which still stick to basic first ...:clapping:

In this mad race, I would appreciate brands like NAD,ARCAM,CA ,ROTEL etc which still stick to basic first ...:clapping:

I agree, but products from these companies are expensive. I recently heard the Arcam AVR600. It's power, clarity, and authority was unbelievable. But 2.5 lakhs? That is a lot for an AVR unless you have money to throw.

Cheers

Perfectly agree with you sir, these are quite expensive .
But even the entry level models of NAD and CA which are comparable to mid priced AVRs are way ahead in terms of SQ.

I had an opportunity for AB comparison of CA 640R VS Marantz 7002 (with Mezzo speakers)and I felt even Marantz was a bit short to catch up with CA's sound reproduction and details.

My apologies Spiro. Cheers

Pls dont apologies,it is not good in true friends.
When I was searching for my AVR,I has 2 opt, Onk HTS-580 & Denon 1356.

Actually I liked very much,but I felt sound is sharp & can cause headache with long listening.Music was very sweat thogh.

One thing I found that person showing Demo doesnt properly setup the system.While watching mov, cinemafilter is supposed to be turned on,which many time isnt,so can cause harshness.Then why dont you get same with music?

Last edited:
Hi!

I have recently een on the lookout for a good home theatre system and came across the combination of Denon 1509 with profx fusion series speakers with 32' panasonic lcd LE8C H model offred for 59900 at the kolkata profx outlet. is it worth it?

while going through this offer came across the denon 1910 mrp 45000/- been offered at 63400/- for the same package with profx fusion 5 series speakers.

my queries

1. geta 10% discount on mrp so denon 1910 priced at 41000/-. is it worth it with the profx speaker package.

2. is it worht taking the LCD too being offered at 20000/- with the 2 in combination

Kindly advise if you have any other suggestions for a good speaker system with this denon 1910. my budget will be below 90000/-

thanks

If possible, listen to the Q-Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker set. That is a good product and certainly deserves an audition before you buy.

Cheers

Have read a lot members recommending Q-Acoustics 1010i 5.1 I think it is for 45k in India. How do they compare to Diamond 9.1 + 9CS + 9DFS + SW150, which is also for the same price.

If possible, listen to the Q-Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker set. That is a good product and certainly deserves an audition before you buy.

Cheers

Wharf D9 series goes better with 1910 as combo can sound sweat.Q ac can sound little bright.

Y'day I took demo of 1610 @ ProFX, Atria mall. Speakers package was Polkaudio RM 705 (5.1). The mid range was very good. The prices -

1610 - 29.9K
polkaudio - 25K

They were offering both for 50K, which is still beyond my budget. Is there any other place where I can get above setup cheaper ?

Thanks !

Y'day I took demo of 1610 @ ProFX, Atria mall. Speakers package was Polkaudio RM 705 (5.1). The mid range was very good. The prices -

1610 - 29.9K
polkaudio - 25K

They were offering both for 50K, which is still beyond my budget. Is there any other place where I can get above setup cheaper ?

Thanks !

I can suggest 2 opt-

1.with warrenty & installments-
Try Sumaria (Shivaji park,Dadar) which can give finance opt.

2.without warrenty-
Heerapanna,soundout can give you amp with discount

Dear Venkat Sir,

Need your advice on this query of mine. With the reviews of 1910 being not so complimentary is it reallly worth going in for denon 1910 rather than 1509/1610.

regrds,
drskp

Hi!

I have recently een on the lookout for a good home theatre system and came across the combination of Denon 1509 with profx fusion series speakers with 32' panasonic lcd LE8C H model offred for 59900 at the kolkata profx outlet. is it worth it?

while going through this offer came across the denon 1910 mrp 45000/- been offered at 63400/- for the same package with profx fusion 5 series speakers.

my queries

1. geta 10% discount on mrp so denon 1910 priced at 41000/-. is it worth it with the profx speaker package.

2. is it worht taking the LCD too being offered at 20000/- with the 2 in combination

Kindly advise if you have any other suggestions for a good speaker system with this denon 1910. my budget will be below 90000/-

thanks

Dear Venkat Sir,

Need your advice on this query of mine. With the reviews of 1910 being not so complimentary is it reallly worth going in for denon 1910 rather than 1509/1610.

regrds,
drskp

Can I ans?
1910 is the choice only if vid upscaling is needed.Otherwise 1610 can do all what 1910 does.

Dear Venkat Sir,

As I said in another thread, videophiles are really being short charged this year. The Yamaha offering are way below last year's, and the Denons are not upto mark either.

I would yet say, if you can get your hands on an Yamaha 663/863, that would be the best option.

Between the 1910 and the 1610, the main differences are video upscaling and 15 watts of power per channel. Another strange thing is that Denon has given the 1610 HD audio decoding capabilities, but made it a 5.1 system. As more and more Blu-Ray discs start coming out with 7.1 sound, I wonder what owners of 1610 would have to do.

If you are happy with 5.1 channel and get speakers that have a max power handling capacity around 50 to 60 watts per channel, I suppose the 1610 will suffice.

Cheers

I can suggest 2 opt-

1.with warrenty & installments-
Try Sumaria (Shivaji park,Dadar) which can give finance opt.

2.without warrenty-
Heerapanna,soundout can give you amp with discount

Thanks, I will check with with Sumaria (Mahim & Shivaji Park) as I live near by. And will also check @ Vijay sales.

Thanks, I will check with with Sumaria (Mahim & Shivaji Park) as I live near by. And will also check @ Vijay sales.

Well, It seems Sumaria @ Shivaji Park has down shutters and Sumaria @ Mahim gives lackluster response. They have 2009 series (1509,1609) etc.

So :sad:

Well, It seems Sumaria @ Shivaji Park has down shutters and Sumaria @ Mahim gives lackluster response. They have 2009 series (1509,1609) etc.

So :sad:

When I went to Ghatkoper outlet last month,they said Denon is available @ Shivaji park.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back