Denon 1910 purchased from the USA?

bugsnest

Hello, new to this forum... so apologize if this topic has been discussed before :)

I just purchased a new Denon 1910 receiver in the US for my family back in India. My plan (rather hope) is I could use this with a step down transformer of some sort to regualte the voltage to 120V/60Hz required by the receiver.

Has anyone else tried this and what would you reccommend? I also purchased the Energy RC Micro 5.1 speakers from here that would require something similar to power the subs.

And while I am at it, I may also get a Panasonic BD-65 Blu Ray player :D

TIA

Hi,

I am using Denon 790 (equivalent 1910) imported from US and using a 2000W voltage converter from Maxine, bought locally in Chennai.

No issues so far, yes, please do a search using the "search" option, you will find the same answers given by me at least twice and lot of others info on this topic.

Cheers!

Thanks venkatesh, I will do that. From another thread I understood this to be fairly easy to do ( custom made transformer/stabilizer). Looking forward to it :)

Hey Bug,

In addition to what Venkatesh has said about step down transformers.. ..always look out for quality...Maxine is a quality product...

I didn't had patience and bought some locally made kundan sh*t which makes humming noise.....and I regret my purchase every time I watch suspense/thriller movies... it also makes weird noises like "theng" when I turn on my avr or the main power switch...

so my suggestion...go for standard SDTs like Maxine..

Enjoy,
Venkat

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back