Denon 2113 CI shut down?

Not at all. If you even consider profx gives minimum 10% discount on products. The mrp: 109000/- adding a discount it would come to roughly 98000/- So that means tgey are offering you only 3k for your avr. That sounds too bad.

My bad then,
they told me 25% discount on MRP if I give the Unit in buy back. That would mean a reduction of about Rs. 29000 so the dea to be about Rs. 80000

Sorry to keep having change my mind but the Hifivision forum is spoiling!

I was also looking for possibility of investing into Pioneer LX87 or LX58
This is with an eye that I would later change my Speakers too but not very soon.

One of the Pioneer dealer in Delhi I spoke to advised that LX58 can drive most of the good speakers used in Home Cinema and there is not much difference in performance and sound quality from LX87 (which is discontinued now). So why would I want to spend extra 70K.

Whats your opinion?

did you enquire as to how this happened in the first place

if its a power/surge voltage related issue and
if you havent found the source of the problem
it may happen again

and P>S
Belkin is by no means a "high quality" protection device

the surge protection components they use cost rs 112 and available easily

the Belkin/Supra etc surge protectors will prtect only once on the surge
after that the components have sacrificed themselves

if a surge happens again
both these brands will pass through the current and you wont know what the hell happened

why do you think these extension boxs with inbuilt surge protection are so cheap ( 30 $ )
because youre supposed to replace them after theve done their job once

there are only a handful protection that will protect multiple times depending on their Joule values
and mind you
i said multiple times
NOT indefinite surges

I am surprised why Belkin gives a cover of upto Rs. 1 lakh if anything damages out of surge :( . Must be a marketing gimmick.

Havent had a chance to speak to service centre KEI personally but I will surely check with him if it happened because of power surge.

Probably investing into something solid to avoid surge destroying gadgets is next thing to do.

What is your suggestion :)

did you enquire as to how this happened in the first place

if its a power/surge voltage related issue and
if you havent found the source of the problem
it may happen again

and P>S
Belkin is by no means a "high quality" protection device

the surge protection components they use cost rs 112 and available easily

the Belkin/Supra etc surge protectors will prtect only once on the surge
after that the components have sacrificed themselves

if a surge happens again
both these brands will pass through the current and you wont know what the hell happened

why do you think these extension boxs with inbuilt surge protection are so cheap ( 30 $ )
because youre supposed to replace them after theve done their job once

there are only a handful protection that will protect multiple times depending on their Joule values
and mind you
i said multiple times
NOT indefinite surges

Totally agree with Magma and I am a victim of electronics getting fried due to high voltage. The surge that happened was not high, it was about 400v due to a loose neutral connection at the electric post. I had the top of the line "surge protector" form Belkin with insurance of 1.5L + and the funny part is nothing happened to the surge protectors, but all the electronics connected to it got fried :). And knowing the way these companies handle insurance, I didn't even bother to approach them. I was lucky to get all the fried electronics fixed by the respective manufactures and the electronics I use have much better and robust high voltage protection built in.

After that incident, I am using the following OVC device connected between the incoming power line and meter box. This unit has been doing its duty very well and it protected my entire home during couple of instances. Once I had to replace the MOV for one of the units and second time, it was a blown fuse in one of the units. Both times, the cost of replacement was less than Rs. 100 :).

I am using 3 units (for each phase) of AVS30 - :: Sollatek ::

-John.

One of the Pioneer dealer in Delhi I spoke to advised that LX58 can drive most of the good speakers used in Home Cinema and there is not much difference in performance and sound quality from LX87 (which is discontinued now). So why would I want to spend extra 70K.

Whats your opinion?
Whats the price of LX58?

Totally agree with Magma and I am a victim of electronics getting fried due to high voltage. The surge that happened was not high, it was about 400v due to a loose neutral connection at the electric post. I had the top of the line "surge protector" form Belkin with insurance of 1.5L + and the funny part is nothing happened to the surge protectors, but all the electronics connected to it got fried :). And knowing the way these companies handle insurance, I didn't even bother to approach them. I was lucky to get all the fried electronics fixed by the respective manufactures and the electronics I use have much better and robust high voltage protection built in.

After that incident, I am using the following OVC device connected between the incoming power line and meter box. This unit has been doing its duty very well and it protected my entire home during couple of instances. Once I had to replace the MOV for one of the units and second time, it was a blown fuse in one of the units. Both times, the cost of replacement was less than Rs. 100 :).

-John.

Just spoke to KEI, they said board is burnt because of surge!

Also mentioned the revese current from inout port has probably done it

I honestly did not much bother about surge earler

Sollatek AVS 30 is Rs. 2400 on snapdeal

question is how to take care of reverse current to Input Port?

Inspected the HDMI cables running between from all my input sources (Apple TV, Xtreamer, Airtel STB) but did not find anything visibly abnormal.

I also use HDMI Splitter to be able to have 2 Outputs running to Projector and TV. Could this be a culprit as well?

Ok, so this episode got over
I got my Denon 2113 CI repaired, using it for my Stereo now and I bought a new Marantz 6009.

Worried about saving it from Surges/Spikes/Current Leaks/HDMI surges

Presently this is the way I have connected
Mains > Local stabalizer > AVR
and this is obviuosly not enough.

Have been reading various threads about Stabalizers/UPS/Surge Protectorts (Meter level/HDMI)/Earthing etc but everything has just caused more confusion.

I am planning to use APC UPS 800 VA just to take take of the suddent switching off, fluctuations/spikes/surges.
Main > UPS (into 16 ampere socket) > AVR
Other devices
Main > Belkin 8 Socket Surge Protector> Xtreamer/Subwoofers/Apple TV etc

Also planning to install a Surge Protector at Meter level like suggested by John in thread above. Have looked at Le Grand, Schneder, Sollatek.

Sollatek has come out to be least costliest of all.

For safety from HDMI surge or leakage (I dont know correct term), considering to put this between Airtel and AVR. Electronics :: Electronic Accessories :: TV & AV Cables :: IMAG HDMI Surge Protector - Protection Against ESD / Power Surge / Lightning - ShopClues.com:

Let me know views as I know I am still far away from setting it right.

-John.

would sollatek avs30 be sufficient for household? have got main line supplying 7 KVA

is it fit for a 3 phase connection?

excuse me if its a stupid question but am a big zero in electricals.

would sollatek avs30 be sufficient for household? have got main line supplying 7 KVA

is it fit for a 3 phase connection?

excuse me if its a stupid question but am a big zero in electricals.

I have 3 phase connection at home and use one AVS 30 for each phase. I have 3 phase, 6KVA connection at home. I have ACs (including a heavy duty cassette AC for HT room), Geysers, 3 phase borewell motors and few other heavy duty items at home. AVS 30 just works fine even when multiple heavy duty electrical items are working at the same time.

-John.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back