Denon 2400 movie modes and amp assign

Love4sound

Hi all,

I want some expert opinions with denon amp assign set up and movie modes. I watch DTS HD master content movies a lot. 50 percent of them come in 5.1 and the remaining in 7.1. I watch them all in dts HD master movie mode and with the amp assign set to 5.1. I wanted to try some other modes so watched some of the actions scenes from movies already watched in dts HD+neural:x mode and my god my HT turned in to a beast . The intensity and depth is in another level to my ear. After hours of tests I wanted to try another set up. So now watching the same action scenes in top middle amp assign set up with dts HD neural:x mode and dam the sound intensity and depth increased again. So my doubt is if I am playing a 5.1 or a 7.1 the input source signal is for surround back speakers. So I want to know How the surround back input source is processed to the top middle speakers for output? Wil it be like surround back effects or overhead effects. Hope FM’s can understand my question

5.1.2. But the ceiling speakers are just the Yamaha satellite speakers that came along with yht299 which I have installed for testing purpose before fitting a good overhead speakers
So they are placed over/on Top the Listening area? can't see pics of your setup so have no idea.

So they are placed over/on Top the Listening area? can't see pics of your setup so have no idea.
They are placed on top of the ceiling in top middle position

Attachments

• E2F43C26-FCBE-4B6C-B4B2-564D40FDB5A7.jpeg
    E2F43C26-FCBE-4B6C-B4B2-564D40FDB5A7.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 785B6CAA-A77A-40BB-BE6B-C98433EFA3F0.jpeg
    785B6CAA-A77A-40BB-BE6B-C98433EFA3F0.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 32
So my doubt is if I am playing a 5.1 or a 7.1 the input source signal is for surround back speakers. So I want to know How the surround back input source is processed to the top middle speakers for output? Wil it be like surround back effects or overhead effects.

Since your set-up is 5.1.2, if you are playing 5.1 movie, then it is the Neural X extracting height information from your 5.1 content..

If you are playing 7.1 movie in your 5.1.2 set-up, then the surr back will be routed to surround L/R.. Neural X will be extracting the heights info, same as above 5.1 scenario..

Since your set-up is 5.1.2, if you are playing 5.1 movie, then it is the Neural X extracting height information from your 5.1 content..

If you are playing 7.1 movie in your 5.1.2 set-up, then the surr back will be routed to surround L/R.. Neural X will be extracting the heights info, same as above 5.1 scenario..
So the Neural X will produce over head effects and not surround back effects?. And i really like the over all experience in 5.1.2 amp assign. Even 2.0 content sounds so immersive. So i just wanted the confirmation if only overhead effects will be pushed to the top speakers by the avr in 5.1.2 amp assign mode no matter if its 2.0/5.1 or 7.1 content

Last edited:
So the Neural X will produce over head effects and not surround back effects?.

Yes.. Right..

And i really like the over all experience in 5.1.2 amp assign. Even 2.0 content sounds so immersive.

I too use 5.2.2 set-up and use Neural X sometimes and like it too..

So i just wanted the confirmation if only overhead effects will be pushed to the top speakers by the avr in 5.1.2 amp assign mode no matter if its 2.0/5.1 or 7.1 content

Right..

This!!

The Guru has spoken. Hope the OP doubts are cleared now.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back