Denon 2400H vs Yamaha R-N602

mreddyj

Friends,
I decided to have a high-end audio setup for my terrace room which is of 15x20 dimensions and opens to a garden. I am wanting to have a set of tower speakers, either a Integrated Amp or A/V Receiver. I have already bought a 1080p Optoma 143x projector. I am trying to figure out the speakers & the recievers/amp combination. I visited the pro-fx in mg road and he suggested me to go with the combination

1) Polk RTi A7 floor standing speakers, i did like these speakers since they matched to the indian music i listen, we also compared them to the KEFs and the Polk sounded better. they are 300Watts
2) Yamaha R-N602: Sounded good when hooked to the #1 speakers, Also the features it offers are simply good, musiccast, airplay etc.... However the power ranges from 85W - 115W per channel. Now i am confused, since on the web i read the integrated Amp needs to have higher power capability to drive the speakers, otherwise you are using underpowered amp to drive large speakers.
3) Denon 2400H: He hooked the same speakers to this reciever and it was still ok with sound, he mentioned that this reciever is even better than the integrated amp. Given i needed to hookup my projector and the HDMI inputs which are not there in the integrated Amp.

Now i need help whether i should go with Denon 2400H, or are there any other better A/V Receivers in a budget < 1L. Will it be better to go with #2 & buy another convertor to hook up the projector ? Will this really make a big difference to the sound. Also please let me know if the polk speakers i am planning are good and worth the money.

Sorry for too many questions, i am not a audiophile but definitely enjoy listening to music and want to get the right equipment, 10 years ago without much knowledge i bought Onkyo RT390-home theater and though its ok, i definitely want to buy something really good this time.

Thanks in Advance
-Manju

Friends,
I decided to have a high-end audio setup for my terrace room which is of 15x20 dimensions and opens to a garden. I am wanting to have a set of tower speakers, either a Integrated Amp or A/V Receiver. I have already bought a 1080p Optoma 143x projector. I am trying to figure out the speakers & the recievers/amp combination. I visited the pro-fx in mg road and he suggested me to go with the combination

1) Polk RTi A7 floor standing speakers, i did like these speakers since they matched to the indian music i listen, we also compared them to the KEFs and the Polk sounded better. they are 300Watts
2) Yamaha R-N602: Sounded good when hooked to the #1 speakers, Also the features it offers are simply good, musiccast, airplay etc.... However the power ranges from 85W - 115W per channel. Now i am confused, since on the web i read the integrated Amp needs to have higher power capability to drive the speakers, otherwise you are using underpowered amp to drive large speakers.
3) Denon 2400H: He hooked the same speakers to this reciever and it was still ok with sound, he mentioned that this reciever is even better than the integrated amp. Given i needed to hookup my projector and the HDMI inputs which are not there in the integrated Amp.

Now i need help whether i should go with Denon 2400H, or are there any other better A/V Receivers in a budget < 1L. Will it be better to go with #2 & buy another convertor to hook up the projector ? Will this really make a big difference to the sound. Also please let me know if the polk speakers i am planning are good and worth the money.

Sorry for too many questions, i am not a audiophile but definitely enjoy listening to music and want to get the right equipment, 10 years ago without much knowledge i bought Onkyo RT390-home theater and though its ok, i definitely want to buy something really good this time.

Thanks in Advance
-Manju
You can also look at Marantz 6012, they go well with the polks. Try to audition and decide. Denon and Marantz belong to the same company. Marantz is better in quality. Higher end avr and good for music as well. If you are considering Denon, look at 3400 and above, they would sound good for music as well. Since you need to connect a projector, an avr would be a better choice.

Hi

Welcome to the forum....

If this is going to be used more for music then a stereo amp makes sense.....no point buying AVRs (Denon 2400H) Although yes you can still use it as stereo...provide Bi AMP powering options to the Polk RTiA towers....use the HDMIs etc etc.

The Yamaha N803 would be a better purchase but it is expensive.......and lacks HDMI you need.

You can look at other brand options.

Use this as power amp....

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=emotiva&product_id=905

Hook this up as Pre for all connections

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=emotiva&page=1&product_id=895

This is just one of the options.....depends on your budget....please audition before purchase and also check other dealers for the best price...

You can also invest in a Marantz SR 5012 or 50xx (lower model series if available) and use the pre outs to feed to a power amp, should you feel less feed going to the speakers....

ProFx usually ropes in discount ...10%...this you have to demand for.....since GST is come into play....not many stores offer it upfront....but you can always try....

Dont rush........i would suggest to visit as many dealers as possible and audition different speakers and amps....you will then get a good idea....and can start making a list of the ones that appeal to you....audition with your kind of music.....

Please read the posts under "What should I buy" ...lot of information and views available which can give you good ideas and possible solution.

All the best!

You can also look at Marantz 6012, they go well with the polks. Try to audition and decide. Denon and Marantz belong to the same company. Marantz is better in quality. Higher end avr and good for music as well. If you are considering Denon, look at 3400 and above, they would sound good for music as well. Since you need to connect a projector, an avr would be a better choice.

Thanks mshifi for your inputs, i will definitely read up on Marantz 6012 & Denon 3400 and go over the reviews. However from your experience can you explain more on music on these are better, like what are some of the parameters.

i definitely want to buy something really good this time.

The better choice is an AVR here, which can help you with HDMI connectivity and the ease of switching inputs..

Now i need help whether i should go with Denon 2400H, or are there any other better A/V Receivers in a budget < 1L.

If Dual HDMI output & some Analogue ports doesn't concern you (Denon x 2400), you can consider the slightly cheaper Denon x1400 (Single HDMI output)..

However if you a flexible budget for the AVR, then Denon x 3400..

Also please let me know if the polk speakers i am planning are good and worth the money.

audio setup for my terrace room which is of 15x20 dimensions

For the same money that you would spend on Polk Rti A7, consider a smallest BS from the same series RTi A1 & any dual subwoofers.. More flexible with placement and more oomph from music if you are in the mood..

Hi

Welcome to the forum....

If this is going to be used more for music then a stereo amp makes sense.....no point buying AVRs (Denon 2400H) Although yes you can still use it as stereo...provide Bi AMP powering options to the Polk RTiA towers....use the HDMIs etc etc.

The Yamaha N803 would be a better purchase but it is expensive.......and lacks HDMI you need.

You can look at other brand options.

Use this as power amp....

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=emotiva&product_id=905

Hook this up as Pre for all connections

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=emotiva&page=1&product_id=895

This is just one of the options.....depends on your budget....please audition before purchase and also check other dealers for the best price...

You can also invest in a Marantz SR 5012 or 50xx (lower model series if available) and use the pre outs to feed to a power amp, should you feel less feed going to the speakers....

ProFx usually ropes in discount ...10%...this you have to demand for.....since GST is come into play....not many stores offer it upfront....but you can always try....

Dont rush........i would suggest to visit as many dealers as possible and audition different speakers and amps....you will then get a good idea....and can start making a list of the ones that appeal to you....audition with your kind of music.....

Please read the posts under "What should I buy" ...lot of information and views available which can give you good ideas and possible solution.

All the best!
Thanks a lot @efernand1 for providing all of the inputs in a patient and detailed manner. I will go over the options that you have mentioned. However i am liking more of the power amp + pre that you mentioned. If i go with these 2 combo then can i do away with the AV/R ?

The other question is not the stores here sell the kind of stuff we want, i believe either they have very high-end or the choices gets limited to what they have. Do you have any recommendation of a store where there is a good range of these products in Bangalore ?

Contact MASH (FM) he will have some answers....for the stores and places.....

The pre is of AVR type which has digital inputs but analog out to each channel...thats where your power amp (stereo) can be connected......

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back