Denon Avr 1311 - remote control

sandeep27

Hi Guys ,

I have denon avr 1311 which I have been using since couple of years. But recently the remote control got conked off.
I would require a replacement denon remote rc-1149 or any compatible one. Can someone help me with this ?

@ baijuxavior - I will order the remote "One For All URC 7960 Remote Control" over the weekend . Would like to know how to configure this remote as my original rc-1149 is not working ?

@ baijuxavior - I will order the remote "One For All URC 7960 Remote Control" over the weekend . Would like to know how to configure this remote as my original rc-1149 is not working ?

I used the code for Denon under 'Tuner' section. Denon code is also listed in 'Amp' section also.

@ Naturelover/baijuxavior - Thanks for the reply. Will URC 7960 be able to learn all the function keys of the denon remote control ??

@ Naturelover/baijuxavior - Thanks for the reply. Will URC 7960 be able to learn all the function keys of the denon remote control ??

Some of the keys are not working using the preset code method. But you can copy the keys if your original remote is functional.

Hey guys, glad to see this thread in our Forum as I am in the same boat as Sandeep. Will try One for all remote. But will the Menu and settings function work with it ? I am trying to reassign inputs and unable to. My volume buttons are barely working and so are the menu and selectors :( any help appreciated guys !

Hi Indy70,

Why not try to get the original remote fixed? A good alcohol cleaning of the PCB inside the remote, resoldering of the contacts inside the PCB etc might make the original remote work.

Just to let you guys know, I fixed an AVR denon remote whose display was not working. It was a programmable, punch in cum learning remote with two PCBs one on top of the other.

Last edited:
Thanks Vinod, I will try to clean it up. But I guess I have to open it and clean the inside as well right ? Let me check for any youtube video to clean it.

It is no rocket science. Most remotes have screws (4 usually) that you have to remove. Then using a small philips flat screw driver, you have to look on sides and SLOWLY prise it open without breaking open the latches which are on the sides of the remote.

Usually, the plastic gives way and you have to slowly open it. Then the two pieces of plastic open up giving you access to the PCB inside.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back