Denon AVR-1910 vs Onkyo TX-SR706

Ramesh - Thanks.

Where can i do an Audition of Wharfdale in Bangalore. Also some indicative prices will help.

BTW - At the Moment i have budget only for the receiver and floor stands. the reason for Bose is mainly because of the price factor.

Cheers

- G

Hi Iyer,

i recently picked up the wharfdale 9.6 from Vector on brigade road, its a shop near josephs commerce college, bang opp to catholic club.. reach a guy called lokesh..+(91)-9341717966.

i got the 9.6 for 34k.

Dear sir, after reading your post about denon 1910, i have some doubt (i am also trying to get the auditioned soon in Delhi). My choice is 75% music and 25% of movies. I also planned to go for 2.0 Ch speakers in the beginning. But I dont like harsh music which cannt be heard for a long time....i have a music taste which includes melodies. For example u may listen maula-mere-maula song from the movie Anwar/Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. So plz sugges me an AVR which is containing all the features like Denon 1910 (in same price range)..decoding of most of the format just like in 1910 and also for 2.0 speakers so that i will got the utmost musical satisfaction.

If you like music then I would keep away from the Denon 1910.

Unfortunately I really don't know what to recommend. The choices are:

(1) If the Yamaha 663 is available, that will be the best to pick up. It will be musical, and at the same time, have the added punch for movies.

(2) If no look at the NAD 737 or the CA 640R. The NAD is around 45K. Neither of these have Dolby or DTS HD audio. So what you have to do in both cases is get a DVD player that can decode and connect it through analogue audio interconnects. Either of the AVRS will be superb for music, and more than good enough for movies.

Cheers

As per Venkat's auditioning of Denon 1910, it sounded harsh to him, so here I would like to point out something that in the latest Denon models like 1910, 2310 or even Onkyo 607 its recomended to turn off the Audessey after the mic calibration and use the pure direct mode of the AVR for its best performance.
So I would request Venkat or other members who are interested in the above model of the Denon to audition the same with the above feature turned off and then report their feedback to this forum.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back