** Denon AVR-1911 : Owner's Thread **

I think you also need to 'enable' the V-AUX source in addition to mapping the inputs. The enable/disable is in a different section of the menu...dont remember the exact menu section.

Exactly. Even I thought thats the main problem, me not able to see V-AUX as a selectable source. I did a hard reset and after the microprocessor was reset thereafter the V-AUX was displayed easily and was working perfectly fine.

hi all,
Have a query. I have ordered a wdtv live to be used with my 1911. I have a CRT only. Will i be able to connect the wdtv to avr using hdmi and connect avr to crt using composite. From the owners manual i could find a diagram which shows hdmi signals to be passed only through hdmi output port. Anyone connected 1911 to their crt tvs and media player like wdtv live, kindly advice.
Thanks in advance,
Antony

I recommend we change this thread to the Denon 19xx owners thread and make it a knowledge repository for all things Denon avr

FYI - this is something i discovered / confirmed yesterday after a talk with denon tech in usa.

the only real drawback is the radio tuner... on the fm you can only scan channels 91.9 91.1 91.3 91.5 91.7 and so on.... so if you want to listen to fm 91.8 well you cant...same thing for the AM channels 780,790,800 but if you want to listen to 783 you cannot... this by design...apparently the some genius engineer was working overtime. i am not sure if this problem is with all models of denon or only the 1910 model plus the model i have is the usa one not sure if the same problem exist around the world or not .

FYI - this is something i discovered / confirmed yesterday after a talk with denon tech in usa.

the only real drawback is the radio tuner... on the fm you can only scan channels 91.9 91.1 91.3 91.5 91.7 and so on.... so if you want to listen to fm 91.8 well you cant...same thing for the AM channels 780,790,800 but if you want to listen to 783 you cannot... this by design...apparently the some genius engineer was working overtime. i am not sure if this problem is with all models of denon or only the 1910 model plus the model i have is the usa one not sure if the same problem exist around the world or not .

This is US convention that their FM frequencies are odd numbers. Even years back when I bought my car audio to India from US same problem but later on relaized that there is a region setting which is US (North america) by default, setting it to SA (south america) solved my problem now I can scan all stations in India. Not sure if Denon has a similar option. My car audio was JVC made though.

Hi Fellows,

Anyone using Logitech Harmony 525 universal remote with their 1911 ? If yes pls help me sort out an issue controlling iPod functions.

The harmony remote is not able to navigate i.e. use the arrows to browse the playlist, genre, albums info e.g. once you are presented with a playlist, I cannot use up - down etc. arrows to navigate to a specific song I wanna play. This only works with denon remote. I have tried many things, even tried to use "learn" functions in Harmony but no success so far.

I really would prefer using single remote, hence any help / pointers are most welcome. Thanx in advance !

Hi,
I am facing an issue with my Denon 1911 quite recently. It has been functioning perfectly since the past 5 years. However, since yesterday while playing, the AVR shuts down itself and the standby green light turns to red. I tried turning it off and on again when it starts functioning fine again. However, in a few minutes, it again shows a red light and turns off.
1. Is this because of overheating? Any solutions to that? There is a significant gap between the AVR top and the wooden shelf on its top.
2. Can this be managed at home or should I show it to a service center? Should I not use the AVR till then? Do not want to do any irreversible damage.

If this issue has already been discussed in the forum, please guide me to the link where the discussion is posted.

TIA.

As suggested by Kittu, I thought it would be good to have a Denon 1911 dedicated thread for owners to discuss settings, reviews, prices, feedbacks, tips and tricks and any issues or problems with the set.

My gear - I recently procured the 1911 from US for 380$, no shipping no customs. Paired it with a 42" Panny Full HD Plasma TV. Media source is AC Ryan POHD gen1. Recently purchased Energy Take speakers from Reliance Digital.

Very soon would be buying an AV Rack to house all the equipments.

Initial outcome - I wired the speakers myself and they're just kept on the TV stand and next to the rear couch, for now... Need to find wall hanging clamps for wall mounting the speakers.

I have an option of drilling nails in the wall and suspending them by the keyhole type holes at the rear of the speakers. Reason being the satellites are ported at rear so its advised to have a 2" clearance from the wall. Anyways... that's yet to figured out...

I have tweaked around much with the settings of the AVR, but have played a lot of BR Rips (M2TS) and they play fabulous. The Subwoofer packs a punchy bass that rattles my glass windows which are in steel panes... and the couch as well... I am yet to experiment with the positioning of the Sub but right now I have 2 sweet spots. The AVR has been able to decode all the sound formats thrown at it.

I have the following questions -
- What should be my settings to get the best out of the AVR + Speakers combo for 2.1 sound?
- What surround modes are best for Audio? Any specific settings for them?
- People have mentioned in reviews that this AVR+speakers combo delivers a punchy and tight (not boomy) bass. How can I achieve that?
- How do I change the surround modes from my remote?

I will keep adding my questions to this thread as I experiment more with my AVR.

The Subwoofer packs a punchy bass that rattles my glass windows which are in steel panes... and the couch as well... I am yet to experiment with the positioning of the Sub but right now I have 2 sweet spots

Hi ,

Whats the Sub you are using?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back