** Denon AVR-1911 : Owner's Thread **

well, if there're no power fluctuations, and you use a spike buster etc, you should be safe. I use my 1911 from US on a Step down transformer bought from Delhi. works like a charm

Please suggest some good speakers for 1911 for both movies and music. I am planning to buy in next 2 weeks. My budget is around 30K.

Hi Baiju..
thanks for your reply..

Can you please advise what is the ceiling for importing the AVR....? Can I import worth 27K withoutCustoms duty ?

thanks,
Manoj

^^. don't know about customs duty or the ceiling limit. It all depends on the mood of the officer. For eg. when I imported a below 2K BD set from amazon UK, the customs charged me Rs. 725/- while some others were not at all charged. You can try ebay GEB for importing AVRs. Their price is inclusive of all shipping and customs charge.

I am planning to Build the 5.1 ... with Jamo speakers... what would be best AVR to go for.. the 1611 or 1911 ?

pls advise... thx
Manoj

budget 40K for amp and 40K for speakars... i like to listen to all genre.. but do not prefer to hard rock and lot of treble... I listened to the polk speakers.. they give too much of noise... Jamo were sort of peaceful..

thx

I am too getting my 1911 AVR from US in the next week
Which step down transformer( & what current rating) do you recommend
regards
Paresh:)

approx 1000 watts should be enough, Go for Maxine or Guru. I bought Guru transformer from new Delhi for 3100. Ppl have bought cheaper one's for 16-1700 as well...

If I wanted to buy a Denon 191x series AVR today what would you recommend? The 1911 or 1912? If the price difference didn't matter.

If I wanted to buy a Denon 191x series AVR today what would you recommend? The 1911 or 1912? If the price difference didn't matter.

1912 has network feature along with nicer UI. I also decided to go for 1912 but settled with 1911 since it is yet to be launched in India and also bit costlier. No regrets, 1911 rocks with my Polk Audio speakers!!!

HI Snorkel,

How much did you pay as customs duty for the 1911 ? I am getting it thru a frien d in the next week.

thanks,
Manoj

Ok I have another weird problem. Since I have been cribbing for a PS3 for long and Home Ministry still doesnt seem quite willing to pass the bill, I downloaded some old games of mine. NFSMW, Carbon etc which I used to play with a rumble pad.

Now I am trying to connect the audio out from the headphone jack of my Laptop to the V-AUX of my Denon 1911 AVR through red and white RCA cables. But when I try to select a source, bugger V-AUX just doesn't show up in the list?

I have properly assigned the inputs in the Input Assign Section and now the V-Aux have <HDMI-none>, <Digital-None>, <RCA-1>

So this should mean the RCA cables have max priority for V-Aux. But I don't even get to select that source in my AVR. How to select the source in the first place.

Any pointers?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back