Denon AVR 3700 or 4700

Too expensive. Reviews not that great either. Glad I settled for 3700H
I wish they’d been able to put Dirac on the 3700 via a firmware upgrade. I think it should be technically possible as all the processing happens off the AVR so not like it needs a faster processor - maybe they can’t apply EQ to the granularity Dirac requires in the 3700

Even the 8500HA is left out from the Dirac upgrade program citing lack of hardware.
That might be because of processing capability - but I don’t get it because Dirac needs Internet connectivity to run. So literally all the AVRs need to do is collect the data ( and if it’s an external mic, not even that ), send it to the laptop, and processing happens offline. The AVR just needs to implement the EQ, which the 8500A should have.
I’m guessing they just don’t want to put it on older models as it’s a major reason for people to upgrade

That might be because of processing capability - but I don’t get it because Dirac needs Internet connectivity to run. So literally all the AVRs need to do is collect the data ( and if it’s an external mic, not even that ), send it to the laptop, and processing happens offline. The AVR just needs to implement the EQ, which the 8500A should have.
I’m guessing they just don’t want to put it on older models as it’s a major reason for people to upgrade
They are also omitting the x6700 and X8500HA replacements. So x4800H and then only A1H.
So yeah they want to force people to get the A1H or settle for much much lower.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back